Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New 4.4.2 Kitkat Head Unit (Newsmy Carpad NU3001)

OP alaninsitges

Today, 02:07 PM   |  #2641  
Thanks Meter: 96

222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshblob

Hi, currently using your theme and it makes the unit a lot more usable than the stock android launcher. A quick question though originally I think you were looking at using the following theme from here -> http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...log-diy-2.html

Were there any reasons that made you stop that and develop the one you have? I'm debating whether that one might be a better fit for my dash and was wondering whether I could graft it onto the launcher you are using or if there are any show stoppers?
Cheers
Rob

Yes i started used this theme with nova launcher and invisible icons.

Problem i see there are:
- icons for me are little small while drive, and i want something bigger. and with standard grid of 4x2 + dock
- Theme is used to work with nova/apex and imvisible widgets, it take soooo much to load all widgets. For example when i tried it take more to load the launcher+widgets than to boot all the unit
- Another thing was the theme dosent have playback controls or artcover, things that i like to have on main screen
- Last is this theme uses dark/black background, so on direct sun situations make it invisible, only see a black screen with icosn and texts no background (looks ugly) and where i live have 364 days of sun
The Following User Says Thank You to nestortoledo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:15 PM   |  #2642  
Flag Fareham (not in Wales)
Thanks Meter: 20

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestortoledo

Yes i started used this theme with nova launcher and invisible icons.

Thanks for that, I thought there must have been some issues.
Today, 02:19 PM   |  #2643  
Flag Newburgh
Thanks Meter: 47

689 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nestortoledo

- Last is this theme uses dark/black background, so on direct sun situations make it invisible, only see a black screen with icosn and texts no background (looks ugly) and where i live have 364 days of sun

Rub it in. I just woke up to a -5f temperature this morning!!! Lol

I know you sent me a PM about this, thanks for that. Was going to reply but then you went "public" with this.

So, just wanted to publicly thank you for your hard work on getting a theme up and running and listening to design inputs from all of us!
Today, 03:18 PM   |  #2644  
Flag Bournemouth
Thanks Meter: 135

946 posts
More
[QUOTE=MrG3kk0;58494519
Without this reg. my speakers wouldŽnt have enough power. I think the build in AMP is not one of the best haha. Anyone got similar problems?

[/QUOTE]

Does your car have a built in amp ? Some VWs and Audis have amplified rear speakers only and many owners dont realise their car has them. If it does and its not getting any power, or its getting power and your head unit is amplifying the signal as well, this may be the cause of your problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread