Custom firmware and snapdragon chipset

4th September 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

96 posts
Hello everyone, I'm just asking for clarification about the custom rom: currently own a Galaxy S2 which as you well know is equipped with a chipset Exynox for which have not been released the source for the drivers.
Because of this failure to release, the rom that have been developed for this device, and of course the future, even if well designed, will never be 100% compatible with your hardware, or better, will never be optimized properly. Example: The camera, which with a custom rom takes good pictures, yes, but not up to those made with the original rom precisely because of the lack of support of the drivers.
The latest smartphone out, however, (practically all) mountain chipset "snapdragon", produced by qualcomm that from what I understand has released regularly releases and the various drivers for its components. This means that a rom (for example Omni or Cyanogen rom, I do not mean rom based on fimrware original), developed for smartphones that use this chipset, is considered almost "native" as compatibility? Photo and video for example, will have the same quality as those made ​​with the original rom?
In short, install a custom rom on a device with snapdragon chipset, it can be optimized to be considered as if the terminal was shipped from the factory with this rom installed?

There is something wrong in my reasoning? I do not understand something?

Thank you in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread