Andy The Android Emulator (Win/Mac)

Search This thread

gabryoryn

Nov 11, 2014
Lecce, Puglia
super-andy.png

Andy breaks down the barrier between desktop and mobile computing, while keeping a user up to date with the latest Android OS feature upgrades. It also provides users with unlimited storage capacity, Windows and Mac compatibility, and the freedom to play the most popular mobile games on a desktop. With phone as a joystick, you will never have to sacrifice the multi-touch or gyro elements of gaming, and thanks to seamless connection between desktop and mobile, you can receive a SnapChat phone picture on the street and see it on your desktop at home or just download Whatsapp for pc.

Configuration: thanks to @NexusGTS

Screenshot:

vdgs.png

sfs.png

00f4450dc4fbd88625d4fa4f66f73e5f.png

Download Andy Emulator

Last edited:

JoinTheRealms

Apr 7, 2012
It might not make much of a difference with desktop PC's but, something limited in CPU performance Andy OS doesn't seem to run well, tested on my T100TA (x86 baytrail tablet) was choppy and laggy. DuOS runs extremely well on the same tablet, worth noting and trying if you have the same or similar device.

OP has 6 posts, just one reply since yesterday (and only cause XDA just tweeted it), the big image is embedded from a piracy site that hosts cracked android apps... so, is this legit?

Edit: Link to official site - http://andyroid.net/

Sorry, why to put this on XDA Forums after almost a year of its availability?

I think ill wait a little while for others to confirm their exp- not very positive according to the above. :(

touche112

Sep 29, 2009
This is great and all, but youve stopped downloads. What the hell.

Cute way to drive traffic to your site, I guess.

AndroidInsanity

Jan 15, 2012
Huddersfield
www.youtube.com
I get these following errors,
Had a similar problem when i tried installing ubuntu a while back.

would be awesome if someone could look at the screenshots I took and help me out :) would Really appreciate it

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 885
  • Untitl22ed.png
    Untitl22ed.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 933

leo31

Nov 30, 2012
Tokyo
minimal requirement? is there any standalone setup? i hate to say this but indonesia doesn't had a good connection for their internet. i dont want to get failed when downloading 580mb setup.

yochananmarqos

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2013
github.com
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 8
minimal requirement? is there any standalone setup? i hate to say this but indonesia doesn't had a good connection for their internet. i dont want to get failed when downloading 580mb setup.

I believe there is, check their Facebook page. It's still going to be the same size whether the installer downloads the required files or you download a large setup package.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    super-andy.png

Andy breaks down the barrier between desktop and mobile computing, while keeping a user up to date with the latest Android OS feature upgrades. It also provides users with unlimited storage capacity, Windows and Mac compatibility, and the freedom to play the most popular mobile games on a desktop. With phone as a joystick, you will never have to sacrifice the multi-touch or gyro elements of gaming, and thanks to seamless connection between desktop and mobile, you can receive a SnapChat phone picture on the street and see it on your desktop at home or just download Whatsapp for pc.

Configuration: thanks to @NexusGTS

Screenshot:

vdgs.png

sfs.png

00f4450dc4fbd88625d4fa4f66f73e5f.png

Download Andy Emulator
    The "application"* is utter rubbish. I don't post often here, but I've seen this promoted by XDA on Facebook and I thought I'd give it a spin. It has an online installer that goes then on to install different things (a lot of them), puts the thing in the startup menu and generally screws over a lot of systems configurations - e.g. I had already installed Virtual Box and updated to the latest version but the installer wants to reinstall it (?!) because it requires Virtual Box 20.

Avoid at all costs if you're not a dev, I spent around 20 minutes cleaning up my system completely after installing this. Also, be prudent and install it in a virtual machine if you really want to test it.

*I didn't manage to start it, but it seems like a front end for using an Android VM inside Virtual Box. Sigh.
    OP has 6 posts, just one reply since yesterday (and only cause XDA just tweeted it), the big image is embedded from a piracy site that hosts cracked android apps... so, is this legit?

Edit: Link to official site - http://andyroid.net/
    It might not make much of a difference with desktop PC's but, something limited in CPU performance Andy OS doesn't seem to run well, tested on my T100TA (x86 baytrail tablet) was choppy and laggy. DuOS runs extremely well on the same tablet, worth noting and trying if you have the same or similar device.
    To run android apps on PC I use Genymotion, it's smoother and customizable