BLU Studio Energy *Official Thread*

Search This thread

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
D810U (this is the Studio Energy thread, right?)

The recovery in the OP worked just fine for me. Phone now powers on and boots up. Now to re-try TWRP.
You are correct, my bad. This is the energy thread and not for the studio 5.0 C.

My recoveries won't work.

Sent from my 4013D using Tapatalk

Reactions: xeper

xeper

May 19, 2006
Los Angeles
CM12 works with (so far) one major and one minor exception.

1) It doesn't recognize my SIM in either slot

2) heavier animations are a bit slow

I haven't tested GPS yet, because it's pretty worthless without my SIM card.

Other than that, it's been FAR better than stock. Wish I could get the SIM to work, then it might be a daily driver.

Last edited:

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
CM12 works with (so far) on major and one minor exception.

1) It doesn't recognize my SIM in either slot

2) heavier animations are a bit slow

I haven't tested GPS yet, because it's pretty worthless without my SIM card.

Other than that, it's been FAR better than stock. Wish I could get the SIM to work, then it might be a daily driver.

Where did you get the CM12 from? Maybe replacing firmware folder in /system/etc with the one from stock?

Reactions: lopestom

xeper

May 19, 2006
Los Angeles
Where did you get the CM12 from? Maybe replacing firmware folder in /system/etc with the one from stock?
No go. All that did was make WiFi stop working.

Man, if I could get the cellular working, I'd go CM full time on this. Using it at home it's been great. It's just as slow as stock but I have far fewer issues installing apps, etc. and no more useless bottom-up settings shade.

randomsmash

Mar 8, 2013
No go. All that did was make WiFi stop working.

Man, if I could get the cellular working, I'd go CM full time on this. Using it at home it's been great. It's just as slow as stock but I have far fewer issues installing apps, etc. and no more useless bottom-up settings shade.

Xeper, would you mind linking the rest of us to where you found CM12 for the Blu Studio Energy?

4josh2u

Apr 7, 2016
lancaster
This the cm 12.1 i modified a lot of it fixed many bugs it has some cm 13 features and others like viper audio etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-55.png
    76 KB · Views: 69
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-47.png
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-47.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-43.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-37.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-11-42-25.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 67

red_29A

Jul 22, 2016
help mme please !

So I was able to root a stock studio energy with kingoroot on the pc, flash twrp 2.8.4 and use that to get a marshmallow rom going.
Not sure what the best rom is yet, but so far marshmallow seems way faster and smoother than kit kat.

Last edited:

dilacerated

Sep 7, 2015
Checking out some of the official roms now

I've been out of the loop for a while --> are there "official" Marshmallow roms out there for the Gionee M3/BLU Studio Energy? I'm on the current 5.0.2 build BLU sent out and it is only bearable thanks to Link2SD and OC'ing to 747MHz minimum/using Deadline via ROM Toolbox. Wish I could use F2FS.

jabe78

Nov 21, 2013
Poplar Bluff
OnePlus 8T
Anyone go for this? I'm curious, just got this phone today and it is interesting to say the least..

So for anyone interested in "Upgrading" your 20+ month old Studio Energy to some more current and appealing ROMs. It is true that you can Flash Roms for Gionee M3, if you do it right. I am currently running a Marshmallow 6.0.1 version of AOSP called "Resurrection Remix" using Kernel 3.4.67. I got this, and a handful of other ROMs form here.

Follow these steps precisely to achieve a successful flash to these custom ROMs. For American D810u devices, if you flash these Roms, you will loose 4G (which is not LTE) capabilities because its missing the 1700 baseband. However there is a patch that was created some time back that if flashed correctly, will enable 3G (H+) baseband.

Note: depending on which ROM you are flashing, you may need to be running either a KitKat kernel or a Lollipop kernel prior to flashing. I believe these Roms specify which one you NEED to have before attempting this.

Step 1: Make sure the Zip files for the Rom, Gapps, and the patch file located on this thread Post# 91 are all located on your devices internal memory (remove external SD card before flashing)

Step 2: Using TWRP 2.8.4.0, make sure you are mounted to the devices internal SD card, do a factory reset ( wipe data, cache, dalvik).

Step 3: Flash the new ROM, Gapps, and the patch file, then wipe the cache and dalvik, and reboot system.

Give the device 5 minutes or so to boot the first time. You will find that your device is running a Gionee KitKat, Lollipop, or Marshmallow Rom that also has our american baseband so 3G will work. Have fun with the new ROMs!!

Last edited:

4josh2u

Apr 7, 2016
lancaster
So for anyone interested in "Upgrading" your 20+ month old Studio Energy to some more current and appealing ROMs. It is true that you can Flash Roms for Gionee M3, if you do it right. I am currently running a Marshmallow 6.0.1 version of AOSP called "Resurrection Remix" using Kernel 3.4.67. I got this, and a handful of other ROMs form here.

Follow these steps precisely to achieve a successful flash to these custom ROMs. For American D810u devices, if you flash these Roms, you will loose 4G (which is not LTE) capabilities because its missing the 1700 baseband. However there is a patch that was created some time back that if flashed correctly, will enable 3G (H+) baseband.

Note: depending on which ROM you are flashing, you may need to be running either a KitKat kernel or a Lollipop kernel prior to flashing. I believe these Roms specify which one you NEED to have before attempting this.

Step 1: Make sure the Zip files for the Rom, Gapps, and the patch file located on this thread Post# 91 are all located on your devices internal memory (remove external SD card before flashing)

Step 2: Using TWRP 2.8.4.0, make sure you are mounted to the devices internal SD card, do a factory reset ( wipe data, cache, dalvik).

Step 3: Flash the new ROM, Gapps, and the patch file, then wipe the cache and dalvik, and reboot system.

Give the device 5 minutes or so to boot the first time. You will find that your device is running a Gionee KitKat, Lollipop, or Marshmallow Rom that also has our american baseband so 3G will work. Have fun with the new ROMs!!
Hey I also have resurrection remix but it says my baseband version and imei is unknown and I can't get the sims to work do you have the same issue if not how'd you get the sim to work

jabe78

Nov 21, 2013
Poplar Bluff
OnePlus 8T
Hey I also have resurrection remix but it says my baseband version and imei is unknown and I can't get the sims to work do you have the same issue if not how'd you get the sim to work
You must flash the zip I mentioned after you flash the ROM and Gapps. After you flash all three, then do a cache/Dalvik wipe and then reboot to system. You will have 3G as soon as it loads. And it will recognize your Sim.

Sent from my GIONEE M3 using XDA-Developers mobile app

jabe78

Nov 21, 2013
Poplar Bluff
OnePlus 8T
So a neat update for everyone still using our Studio ENERGY.

I seem to have successfully ported Beanstalk 6.18 (Marshmallow 6.0.1) to our device. After days of filtering thru tutorials, and many mistakes, it has flashed and has loaded up. Will update you on how it's doing. in a few days i will post a link for this new ROM if anyone desires.

THis is exciting for me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    blu-studio-energy-top.jpg

This thread is a work in progress. I'll post here info about our phone. How to root, how to backup, how to flash, etc...

A HUGE Thank you for your patience & your work @lopestom

INFO
    This device is very similar (almost identical) to the Gionee M3 phone, so a lot of tutorials and ROMs for that device will also work for our device. However, as usual, READ first, before you end with a bricked phone.
    It seems that the only difference between the D810L and the D810U is that the D810U also has a 1700 Mhz band, so, if you flash the wrong ROM and you're using that band, you'll loose connectivity. However, the modem drivers can be replaced cross ROMs.

LINKS
    Official BLU Studio Energy Site

Unofficial Support Groups
    BLU Smartphone Community Support Forum
    BLU Products Development Team Group

RESOURCES

ROM

RECOVERY (Flash them with Flashify)
    • TWRP 2.8.4.0 Jawad by @lopestom MD5: 9658c8377071cf936f95eb7ddb530f85 Please check on Mount that the external storage is selected, and also when you do backups, always check that the external storage is selected.
    • Philz by @lopestom MD5: a0b71f399200795ad662a2c2e083bbf8 You need to mount /sdcard1 and do backups there. Also, check on settings and disable sceen timeout, since when the screen goes off, it won't turn on again.

KERNEL
    These are the kernel sources downloaded from the FTP provided in this post, and uploaded to MEGA. I don't know if this works or not yet, please if someone with proper knowledge can check it, let us know.
    ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.10_GIONEE92_CWET_KK_BUILDABLE_PACKAGE.tar.gz
    Let me clarify. I am collaborating with gdlin to successfully build a TWRP recovery specifically for our device, (not Gionee M3). It wouldn't be "Official" yet, until it gets added to the TWRP build list and they begin supporting it. However, I imagine it may be some time before we are there.

Tests with Philz - CWMv3.0 (Carliv Touch Recovery) and TWRPv2.8.2 / v2.8.4 in progress...

Need time for release...

Sent from my LIFE PLAY X KK using XDA Free mobile app
    Updated BLU OFFICIAL kernel sources

Hi there,

this is the OFFICIAL kernel sources access via FTP:

 Host: 162.252.123.103
     Username: Kernel_End_User
     Password: kernelSource2014

Please hit thanks if it help you!
    BACKUP

You can find the necessary links on the first post, under Resources.
    To create backups, you'll need to do the following first:
    1. Root your phone.
    2. Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
    3. Enable apps from unknown sources (under settings->security).
    4. Install and enable adbd insecure on your phone.
    5. Install PdaNet+ on your computer.
    6. Install MTK Droid Root & Tools on your computer.

Once you've done those steps, you'll see your device information when you open MTKDroid Root & Tools, and you can proceed.

To create a backup, please follow this guide: LINK. Don't download anything from that post, it isn't necessary. Just follow the steps.

NOTE: I'm not sure if you need to install busybox, since I'd installed a lot of thinks to make it work. If this guide doesn't work for you, please install busybox from the play store and let me know, so I can update this post.

WARNING: THIS WILL NOT WORK UNDER WINDOWS 8 !! Use WIN7 or XP.
    Flash ROM or Recovery

You can find the necessary links on the first post, under Resources.
    To flash a backup, ROM or Recovery, you'll need to do the following first:
    1. Install MediaTek USB Vcom Drivers.
    2. Download an extract SP Flash Tool 3.1344.0.212.
    3. Download the Android Scatter File (or you can get it from any MTKDroidTools backup)
    4. Power off the phone

Once you've done those steps, open SP FlashTool and select the Android Scatter File in scatter-loading.
    You'll see then the things you can restore. If you open the scatter file from a backup, it'll automatically prepare everything to restore that backup. Don't change ANYTHING, and click "Download".
    When the software is ready, plug the phone and it will do the magic. You need to wait until a green circle pops up and says "Download OK".

Then you're good to go.

To restore a recovery only (or install TWRP for example), do the above steps but untick everything except RECOVERY. then click on the recovery word and it'll ask you for a new route. Search and select the recovery.img for the TWRP, and then proceed with clicking download and then plug the phone, and you'll have the recovery.

WARNING: All the things I've done where using the backup as a source for the scatter file. I've uploaded the file so if you know what you're doing, you don't need the full backup. If you don't know what you're doing, download the backup and select the scatter file from there.