39 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
30th December 2014, 10:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elithess

Could you please indicate step by step how I can make my internal storage on this phone more than 1GB, I just bought it today and I am already running out of space for new applications?

Root the phone then Link2SD is the simplest way. Worked great for me!

3rd January 2015, 12:59 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan2dons

Root the phone then Link2SD is the simplest way. Worked great for me!

Root phone. Install recovery with "MTK-TWRP 2.8.1.0" or MtkDroidTools v2.5.3. Search "HKPHONEROMEDITTOR.apk" install and run. Choose "MTK6582 Devices (only HKPhone Racer)" option, with slider choose the the amount of internal memory you want, then apply button and finnaly reboot recovery for change. All done. Mine uses 10GB.
7th January 2015, 07:33 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My S308 has been updated to V6_CQ_4137C_V0.0.9_20141124 .
It is also rooted with Vroot.

Using it for some days now i face the following issues.
3G signal is poor compared with other devices (ex Xperia M) on the same place same time (both phones side by side) same carrier, same SIM type. S308 3G signal strength is 2 lines down. On the contrary 2G signal is very good.
GPS locks very quick but its accuracy is low. Very often it looses my position and Google maps reroutes all the time.
Native email app crashes (Internal error) asking to report failure. It does not refresh every x minutes as set it , but it downloads emails when refresh manually. I have set up a yahoo account (imap) and a gmail account.
Could it be ROM's problem?

Any advice?
9th January 2015, 11:11 PM |#14  

More
upgrade
i have the cubot s308 Android 4.2 MTK6582 so looking to use V6_CQ_4137C_V0.0.9_20141124 from there site, i believe its kitkat 4.4.2 am i able to flash this upgrade from 4.2.2 as there's conflicting theories on can and can't, don't want to be bricking it, also if it is possible when using flash tools is it download i need to be using or firmware upgrade, cheers for any help.
10th January 2015, 07:54 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unfortunately you can't upgrade to 4.4.2 due to a strange incompatibility of these two versions of the same phone. For the same reason i cannot downgrade to 4.2, since i've read that it has a better 3G reception.
The Following User Says Thank You to elpa02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th January 2015, 09:24 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elpa02

Unfortunately you can't upgrade to 4.4.2 due to a strange incompatibility of these two versions of the same phone. For the same reason i cannot downgrade to 4.2, since i've read that it has a better 3G reception.

well made handsets then, not able to alter or improve any problems with them, suppose speaks for itself were they are made. and cheers for your help.
18th February 2015, 02:56 AM |#17  
Flag Moscow

More
Is there any battery replacement that would do better than the original one?
20th April 2015, 03:20 PM |#18  
Flag Istanbul

More
self reboot
Hello everyone,

I've a S308 with 4.2.2. My phone reoots randomly especialt with impacts on it. I do not mean strong impacts for eg. when I put my phone to desk in a very gentle way even this couses to restart. Or When ı knock screen even with one finger results same.
Is there anyone face same problem and have a solution ??.
Regars.
Thanks..
20th April 2015, 06:28 PM |#19  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
fix internal storage
You will need this http://helpadude.com/cubot-s308-4-4-...6-gb-internal/ to upgrade for more internal memory. Phone is great.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chinese phones, cubot s308, mediatek, mt6582, review

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)