Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Doogee Dagger DG550 White 5.5" OGS IPS, Kitkat 4.4, Octa Core 1.7Ghz MTK6592

OP s7yler

31st August 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235

564 posts
Donate to Me
Wink Doogee DG550 with Awesome On Off, Xposed Framework Gravitybox KK, Nova Launcher Prime
Doogee DG550 with Awesome On Off, Xposed Framework Gravitybox KK, Nova Launcher Prime, GO Locker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQlMBbeUJNc
10th October 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member

564 posts
Donate to Me
MIUI 4.9.5 Multi-Language (10/10/2014) ported by xGMERZ can be found here
http://www.needrom.com/download/miui...ulti-language/
11th October 2014, 09:08 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 2

83 posts
I saw many people reflect the DG550 mobile phone screen easily broken, so I won't buy DG550.
11th October 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

564 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystyna

I saw many people reflect the DG550 mobile phone screen easily broken, so I won't buy DG550.

I don't know where you have read that. But in the Doogee Dagger DG550 treads I have been following people have had no problems with the screen. And actually the screen is really good, and the sensitivity is much better than on some other Chinese phones - I have never read about anyone having screen problems. So I don't agree with that, actually this phone is really good for the very low price. And Doogee also have supported it really good.
12th October 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #15  
Flag Crawley
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7yler

I don't know where you have read that. But in the Doogee Dagger DG550 treads I have been following people have had no problems with the screen. And actually the screen is really good, and the sensitivity is much better than on some other Chinese phones - I have never read about anyone having screen problems. So I don't agree with that, actually this phone is really good for the very low price. And Doogee also have supported it really good.

The DG550 screen is lovely. I did manage to get a small scrape on the screen just before my case arrived, but it is really great quality.

On the subject of phone signals, I have two SIMS in mine and can get a 3G signal with either of them. The only strange thing is that, with my Virgin SIM (my main account), t works perfectly except when I'm at home. When at home, the phone thinks that I'm roaming! (Roaming is off on my account). Yesterday I was out with a good H+ signal, got home and it switched back to roaming. I can force it to reconnect an all is well, but a bit later it thinks its roaming again! Can still use data, calls and SMS and they do not show up as roaming on my account!

No problem with my Sainsbury's SIM. This is my second Virgin SIM (the first got confused when it received my old number). Both have exhibited the same weirdness.
13th October 2014, 10:56 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

564 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by normanLinux

The DG550 screen is lovely. I did manage to get a small scrape on the screen just before my case arrived, but it is really great quality.

On the subject of phone signals, I have two SIMS in mine and can get a 3G signal with either of them. The only strange thing is that, with my Virgin SIM (my main account), t works perfectly except when I'm at home. When at home, the phone thinks that I'm roaming! (Roaming is off on my account). Yesterday I was out with a good H+ signal, got home and it switched back to roaming. I can force it to reconnect an all is well, but a bit later it thinks its roaming again! Can still use data, calls and SMS and they do not show up as roaming on my account!

No problem with my Sainsbury's SIM. This is my second Virgin SIM (the first got confused when it received my old number). Both have exhibited the same weirdness.

Some carriers use internal roaming to lower the costs, its kind of weird. But how it is. The roaming problem your talking about has probably nothing to do with the phone, but more your SIM / carrier / provider.
19th November 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
bugee kitkat
yesterday i upgraded my dg 550 to official kitkat and i discovered some serious bugs. First my dagger makes reboot when i plug it in for charging!! Second the charging is making too much, i plug it in 4 pm with 18% and 7 pm is 70% which is too long.
In the previous 4.2.9 the dagger was 100% in less than 2 hours!
This is for me a reason to get back to 4.2.9
Now the thing that i like is ,changing the ebr files , having 7 gb space for apps. So if i downgrade could i change also the ebr files in 4.2.9 , or it want be possible?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dagger, dg550, doogee, doogee dg550, review
Previous Thread Next Thread