FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

Doogee DG280 LEO

Thanks Meter: 30

By _JoaoCampos, Senior Member on 31st December 2014, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Just pre-ordered this one as a gift for my cousin (gave her a cutout of it since her birthday was yesterday ).

Roughly the same specs as DG310 (which I'm very happy with), but it's 4.5" inch (which kinda makes more sense for the FWVGA screen resolution).
It's apparently built with durability in mind.
  • CPU: Mediatek 6582 Quad-core 1.3 Ghz
  • Android: KitKat 4.4
  • Size (mm): 133.5*68.3*8.8(LWH)
  • Camera: 5.0 MP (back) / 1.3 MP (front)
  • RAM: 1GB
  • ROM: 8GB
  • Dual-sim, 3G, WIFI, BT4.0, GPS, 1800mAh battery by BAK.

Rest of the specs here: http://www.doogee.cc/products_detail...uctId=106.html

It's currently 80$ on Dealextreme + 2 phone cases, from tomorrow to 10/1 82.99$ + an 8GB SD-card.

13th January 2015, 09:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Red face
How much?
27th January 2015, 04:32 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenwen

How much?

only $84.99 at coolicool.com
10th February 2015, 10:36 AM |#4  

More
Is there a way how to root DG280 ?
14th February 2015, 07:30 AM |#5  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepi666

Is there a way how to root DG280 ?

There is a way of rooting dg280. I've done it twice, yet i am not sure how it worked the first time. The second time root genius made it possible.
See attached file.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Also i have made a third attempt at rooting the phone and you should know that in order for any of the above root exploits to work you must not install the r10 update released on february 10th. If this update is already installed you manually flash the full r7 rom image from doogee website. Also after getting root you cannot install the r10 update as this one bricks the phone and to recover you must also flash the full r7 rom image.
The r7 image flashing procedure is also pretty complicated because there is no real guide anywhere. There are some files that need editing, because you will need to disable the checksum verification in the flasher because you will get errors from one of the files, errors which are wrong. Also don't try to put the phone in download mode. To flash it just start the flasher select options (i used format+download) and hit the start button. It is just going to wait for a phone. After this just pull the battery from the phone, put it back (don't touch any buttons on the phone, keep it off) and just connect the usb cable to it. After a few second the flasher will show phone info and progress of format and rom upload.
There is also an issue with the usb phone drivers. You need good ones before any of the above procedures. I really cannot help with this because i already had a good number of compatible drivers installed and i just couldn't tell which is the best for this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootGenius_en.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.57 MB, 468 views)
Last edited by viperasp; 14th February 2015 at 07:37 AM. Reason: info update
The Following User Says Thank You to viperasp For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2015, 09:19 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Very poor 2g/3g signal reception ??? any one else has experienced the same?
The phone has very very poor 2g/3g signal reception from the mobile networks. The call voice quality is too bad. Call dropping is frequent all the time and voice is transmitted distorted to the other party in call. I tried the phone with all networks that operate in my country, and the result was the same. The phone shows only 1-2 bars at signal cluster, while the other phones show full bars at the same location. So is anyone experiencing the same? Any fix available? Thank you.
2nd March 2015, 10:44 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leenwen

How much?

only $19.90 at http://www.pompmall.com/doogee-dg280.html
30th April 2015, 04:19 PM |#8  

More
@lorenc75
I bought the Doogee Leo fr my daughter, and she's totally satisfied.
Signal reception is as good as with my Samsung S3, GPS and WiFi is also working good.
I rooted the phone to get a CWM recovery and to deinstall some of the China-Apps.

After 3 Weeks of usage her little brother broke the Micro-USB-Socket while playing Games on the Phone (Charger was plugged in) but that was also no problem, just opened the phone (9 screws) and resoldered the USB-Socket, so it's working again.
All in one I must say, for 80Euros including Shipment from Germany (No Taxes) a good Phone.
Ok, the Flashlight is not the brightest one, but hey.. it was a cheap phone
Yesterday, 01:12 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimoHL

@lorenc75
I bought the Doogee Leo fr my daughter, and she's totally satisfied.
Signal reception is as good as with my Samsung S3, GPS and WiFi is also working good.
I rooted the phone to get a CWM recovery and to deinstall some of the China-Apps.

After 3 Weeks of usage her little brother broke the Micro-USB-Socket while playing Games on the Phone (Charger was plugged in) but that was also no problem, just opened the phone (9 screws) and resoldered the USB-Socket, so it's working again.
All in one I must say, for 80Euros including Shipment from Germany (No Taxes) a good Phone.
Ok, the Flashlight is not the brightest one, but hey.. it was a cheap phone

i need help, the same thing happend to me, i opened the phone, but i do not know what to look for, can you please help? (i am not often on this site so please contact me on my facebook (Itamar Baum - (username is itwouldgoboom)) thank you.
Today, 01:28 PM |#10  

More
How to Fix the USB-Connector
Hi everyone. Since I had a few requests on how to do the repair of the USB-Connector, I describe it here although it has nothing to do with Android development. Hope it's OK for you.

I just opened the phone, then I carefully turned over the USB-Board (1 more screw I think and secured with some kind of adhesive tape) after pulling out the microphone and vibration motor. Then there are the 5 micro-USB-Pins from the Connector to the PCB. In Order to have the right alignment of the Socket, I insterted a MicroUSB Plug in the socket. Then i soldered everything new with ENOUGH tin to get it a little more stable. All you need is a calm hand and a fine soldering-tip. Reassembly in opposite order. But double-Check for shortcuts. And if you are not experienced in soldering small parts, I'd suggest you let it do by someone who knows about this to prevent more damage.

Timo
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dg280, doogee, leo, mtk 6582, quad-core
Previous Thread Next Thread