ECOO E04 Aurora, MTK6752 64-Bit 1.7GHz Octa Core, 4G, 2/3 GB RAM, 5.5" FHD Arc Screen

Search This thread

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
Still bricking the 2GB

I tried everything I could think off but I cannot seem to get any of these two ROM's to work:
- SpaceROM 1.0 (http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-aurora-2gb-spacerom-1-0-0-android-5-0-0/)
- Android 5.0 2GB beta (http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2g-5-0/)

They flash all good, not errors but when finished the device is just a brick. Is doesn't respond to a wall charger anymore or anything. I am able to revive the device when I 'format all + download' the stock 4.4.4.
I already tried to install the new firmware as a 'firmware upgrade' in SP Flashtool but that doesn't work. I tried to chance preloader files as some people told me but then the ROM won't even flash. I tried fice different SP Flashtool versions and all with and without battery..

Does anymore have one more idea? :D

Zenuno

Sep 12, 2011
Porto
Xiaomi Mi 11
Realme GT 2 Pro
Hi there.

After all my problem with 4G was my network provider, my APN settings were wrong and my account didn't have 4G enable but now everthing is good.
Thanks

Sent from my ECOO E04 3GB using XDA Free mobile app

stapo101

Feb 24, 2015
This is the link for the official,please appreciate with a thank you
https://mega.co.nz/#!bg11SAoR!yToT5ELplYslgIeOxCRX6TqrCCjk7hUtQY5v3MoETRY

Hi, can you tell us where this ROM is from? You said that it is official but I don't see it on the ecoo website.

I can confirm that it does load when flashed (I flashed as firmware update and unchecked the preloader). In settings>>about phone it states:
Android version: 5.0
Kernel version 3.10.61 Fri May 1
Build number ECOO_E04_20150507

It has also let me install TWRP (with the modded boot.img and userdata from Spacerom).

It could be my imagination but it doesnt feel as if it is heating up as much at this point.

Bullguy

Feb 16, 2006
Dammam
Hi, can you tell us where this ROM is from? You said that it is official but I don't see it on the ecoo website.

I can confirm that it does load when flashed (I flashed as firmware update and unchecked the preloader). In settings>>about phone it states:
Android version: 5.0
Kernel version 3.10.61 Fri May 1
Build number ECOO_E04_20150507

It has also let me install TWRP (with the modded boot.img and userdata from Spacerom).

It could be my imagination but it doesnt feel as if it is heating up as much at this point.
I got this ROM from the supplier of the phone ,they have posted it on their site.

danny30

May 10, 2015
I had the same issue. Do you have the correct drivers on your computer? Download and install the correct driver then fire up spflash tool. Make sure it is set to firmware upgrade. Load the scatter file from the ROM then hit download. Then plug the phone into laptop with the SD card removed and it turned off. I used this guide to download the correct driver.

http://thebroodle.com/windows/how-to-install-mtk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/

I used the version of flash tools found here as well. If you read the comments you can find an easier way to update the drivers needed on your PC.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/

Ecoo E04 rooted and booted Xposed

Thanks, will try again. Do I need to de-select the pre-loader box before downloading. Also do I select the scatter file the press the firmware/upgrade button? or do I select the scatter file and then the Firmware/upgrade button, then Download?

Axelman8

Aug 26, 2009
Rotterdam
Thanks, will try again. Do I need to de-select the pre-loader box before downloading. Also do I select the scatter file the press the firmware/upgrade button? or do I select the scatter file and then the Firmware/upgrade button, then Download?

Hey Danny

Still troubles with flashing?... Good you havnt given up.

1)select the scatter file
2)Firmware/upgrade button
3)Download
4)connect phone

This will do it

Regards
Axelman

Ecoo e04 plus 3GB
Popped, rooted and BlinkFeedtefied

danny30

May 10, 2015
Hey Danny

Still troubles with flashing?... Good you havnt given up.

1)select the scatter file
2)Firmware/upgrade button
3)Download
4)connect phone

This will do it

Regards
Axelman

Ecoo e04 plus 3GB

Hi Axelman, I took a break due to frustration but will try and sort it again. I spent too much time to give up and with the help from this forum I think I can finally get it to work eventually.

danny30

May 10, 2015
I had the same issue. Do you have the correct drivers on your computer? Download and install the correct driver then fire up spflash tool. Make sure it is set to firmware upgrade. Load the scatter file from the ROM then hit download. Then plug the phone into laptop with the SD card removed and it turned off. I used this guide to download the correct driver.

http://thebroodle.com/windows/how-to-install-mtk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/

I used the version of flash tools found here as well. If you read the comments you can find an easier way to update the drivers needed on your PC.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/

Ecoo E04 rooted and booted Xposed

I have just noticed that the drivers on the link you provided does not include the MediaTek MT6752 drivers. It has the MTK6582 /MTK6592 /MTK6589 / MTK6577 or any other MTK65XX drivers. I think I may have used the same link previously. Could that be the problem as they don't look like the correct drivers. Also do I need to de-select and untick the preloader USB option on the SP Flash player before I attempt the download? Another thing I noticed is that when I installed those drivers previously it said ' installed drivers for windows XP' but I don't have XP, I have Windows 7. I apologize for all the questions and thank you for your continued patience.

Last edited:

stapo101

Feb 24, 2015
I got this ROM from the supplier of the phone ,they have posted it on their site.

Ok. I have successfully installed the rom with:
- TWRP recovery (spacerom 1.0)
- ROOT access (supersu.zip)
- Viper4Android
-Xposed running:
  • Amplify - improves battery
  • Gravitybox - several lockscreen, status bar and "recents" tweaks
  • XinternalSD - fixes access to SD card from certain apps
- Blinkfeed

Everything seems to be running fine. I can't see any difference between this ROM and the 30th April ROM from the ecoo.hk web page.
Continuing issues:
- runs hot at times
- wireless update still freezes and doesn't work

Bullguy

Feb 16, 2006
Dammam
Ok. I have successfully installed the rom with:
- TWRP recovery (spacerom 1.0)
- ROOT access (supersu.zip)
- Viper4Android
-Xposed running:
  • Amplify - improves battery
  • Gravitybox - several lockscreen, status bar and "recents" tweaks
  • XinternalSD - fixes access to SD card from certain apps
- Blinkfeed

Everything seems to be running fine. I can't see any difference between this ROM and the 30th April ROM from the ecoo.hk web page.
Continuing issues:
- runs hot at times
- wireless update still freezes and doesn't work
Can you explain in detail so that i can flash this ROM with root

Axelman8

Aug 26, 2009
Rotterdam
I have just noticed that the drivers on the link you provided does not include the MediaTek MT6752 drivers. It has the MTK6582 /MTK6592 /MTK6589 / MTK6577 or any other MTK65XX drivers. I think I may have used the same link previously. Could that be the problem as they don't look like the correct drivers. Also do I need to de-select and untick the preloader USB option on the SP Flash player before I attempt the download? Another thing I noticed is that when I installed those drivers previously it said ' installed drivers for windows XP' but I don't have XP, I have Windows 7. I apologize for all the questions and thank you for your continued patience.

Dude
When you run SPflashtools, do you run it as Administrator? Could be the issue.
Other thing, when you select firmware upgrade, it will select all the boxes automaticly, if you uncheck one, then the option firmware upgrade will change instantly.

About the driver: go here
http://www.gizbeat.com/1273/pdanet-adb-auto-driver-for-windows/

This is what you need dude....

Regards
Axelman

Regards
Axelman

Ecoo e04 plus 3GB

danny30

May 10, 2015
Which is better? I have read on the comments that using the ROM on the first link kindly provided by Lildwel means that the fingerprint scanner may not work.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/comment-page-6/#comments

I also found another version of the ROM on the following link.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3gb-spacerom-1-0-0-android-5-0-0/

Which one is better. I assumed that the update would be the same wherever you download it but obviously I am mistaken.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Dude
When you run SPflashtools, do you run it as Administrator? Could be the issue.
Other thing, when you select firmware upgrade, it will select all the boxes automaticly, if you uncheck one, then the option firmware upgrade will change instantly.

About the driver: go here
http://www.gizbeat.com/1273/pdanet-adb-auto-driver-for-windows/

This is what you need dude....

Regards
Axelman

Regards
Axelman

Ecoo e04 plus 3GB

HI Axelman, Yes I do run the SP Flashtool as administrator. Should I not be running as administrator? I am a bit confused though by there being different versions of Lollipop. In the one that Lidwell provided for example users are saying that you cannot get root permissions and some say that the fingerprint scanner stops working in that particular ROM version.

Last edited:

stapo101

Feb 24, 2015
Which is better? I have read on the comments that using the ROM on the first link kindly provided by Lildwel means that the fingerprint scanner may not work.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/comment-page-6/#comments

I also found another version of the ROM on the following link.

http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3gb-spacerom-1-0-0-android-5-0-0/

Which one is better. I assumed that the update would be the same wherever you download it but obviously I am mistaken.

The first link above is I believe the official ROM that is still available on the ecoo.hk download page. The second link is for a custom ROM (Spacerom) put together by a developer. There may be several differences between the 2 ROMs but the most obvious ones are:
  • Spacerom has a custom splashscreen and logo
  • Spacerom comes already rooted
  • Spacerom comes with the TWRP recovery built in
  • Spacerom has a custom kernel that I understand addresses the heating issue, although I have not used it enough to test this
  • The official ROM doesn't come rooted or with TWRP recovery

You can still install the custom recovery on the official ROM by downloading the Spacerom v1.0 and flashing the boot, recovery and userdata files from Spacerom over the official ROM. You can then flash the latest SuperSU flashable zip from recovery to root the phone. You can find this on xda.

As to which is better? I couldn't comment.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Can you explain in detail so that i can flash this ROM with root

It's exactly the same method as my post #162 in this thread.

danny30

May 10, 2015
The first link above is I believe the official ROM that is still available on the ecoo.hk download page. The second link is for a custom ROM (Spacerom) put together by a developer. There may be several differences between the 2 ROMs but the most obvious ones are:
  • Spacerom has a custom splashscreen and logo
  • Spacerom comes already rooted
  • Spacerom comes with the TWRP recovery built in
  • Spacerom has a custom kernel that I understand addresses the heating issue, although I have not used it enough to test this
  • The official ROM doesn't come rooted or with TWRP recovery

You can still install the custom recovery on the official ROM by downloading the Spacerom v1.0 and flashing the boot, recovery and userdata files from Spacerom over the official ROM. You can then flash the latest SuperSU flashable zip from recovery to root the phone. You can find this on xda.

As to which is better? I couldn't comment.

---------- Post added at 02:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

It's exactly the same method as my post #162 in this thread.

Thank you for the explanation. It seems from what you said that the Spacerom may be better but I would be lying if I said I understood anything from the last paragraph. Can't I just install install the spacerom 1.0 without doing the things you mention in the last paragraph? That is way over my head.

stapo101

Feb 24, 2015
Thank you for the explanation. It seems from what you said that the Spacerom may be better but I would be lying if I said I understood anything from the last paragraph. Can't I just install install the spacerom 1.0 without doing the things you mention in the last paragraph? That is way over my head.

Sure. But you still have to be comfortable with falshing using SP Flash Tool and realise that it will likely wipe your IMEI numbers so you will need to know what to do to key them back in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ECOO E04 Aurora, MTK6752 64-Bit 1.7GHz Octa Core, 4G, 2/3 GB RAM, 5.5" FHD Arc Screen

UNBOXING & HANDS-ON

CAMERA VIDEO SAMPLE/TEST

FULL REVIEW

ECOO E04 Aurora Plus, 3GB RAM [ANDROID 5.0 LOLLIPOP ROM]

Geekbench 3 Battery Test here:
    http://browser.primatelabs.com/battery3/24520
    Original raw camera sample:
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/022015/IMG_20150210_211224.jpg
    More camera samples can be found here on my blog:
    http://s7yler.blogspot.com/2015/02/ecoo-e04-aurora-mtk6752-64-bit-17ghz.html

Highlights:
    - MTK6752 64-Bit 1.7GHz Octa Core
    - 4G / LTE
    - 2GB RAM, 16GB ROM (3GB RAM on ECOO E04 Aurora Plus)
    - 5.5 Inch Full HD 1920*1080, 2.5D Arc Screen
    - Fingerprint ID scanner
    - Android 4.4.4
    - 16 MP Rearcam f/2.2 + 8 MP Frontcam
    - OTG & OTA support
    - 3000 mAh Battery
    - Networks: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B20

S1960022.JPG

S1960006.JPG
    I am looking to install the custom ROM by simoneguarrera and apparently it comes with the TWRP recovery pre -installed. Before I attempt to download that I wanted to back up my KitKat 4.4.4. My issue is that I can't find an image file for the TWRP tool which means that I will probably have to backup KitKat 4.4.4 using the CMW tool. My question is if I use the CMW to back up kitkat 4.4.4, and I then download the custom ROM with the TWRP tool pre installed, would I also have to have the CMW tool installed incase I ever needed to restore KitKat 4.4?

I have been reading and learning about flashing to familiarize myself with the process and apparently it is simpler to install a custom ROM using the TWRP tool. You just download the custom ROM to your SD card, then press install on the boot menu and select the ROM from your SD card. Has anyone else installed a custom ROM using this method.
    --------------
    This is a very difficult learning process. I seem to run into problems with everything I try. I don't want to risk anything so I might try and install CWM and it should overwrite the TWRP file I assume. On page 5 of this thread a member sent a link to download a CWM.rar file to use and flash with flashify, however it seems that flashify doesn't let me select this file to unzip. Can you not extract Rar files with flashify?

Would unzipping the TWRP file again but this time selecting one of the Wipe Data, delvik or cache options make a difference?

All you need to do is follow the steps I laid out in post #262. I have included them again here but with added instructions to back up your 4.4.4 install first:

First off, make sure you run sp flash tool as an administrator if using windows.

I will assume you have a stock install of 4.4.4 already on your phone.
    How to make a back up of your 4.4.4 install
    The first thing you will need is a custom recovery. I would recommend TWRP over CWM myself. You can find TWRP for 4.4.4 here: http://www.needrom.com/download/e04/
    I haven't used this on 4.4.4 myself but I expect the zip file once unzipped would contain a file called recovery.img. It may also contain a scatter file for the phone.
    You need to flash this TWRP recovery to your phone using SP Flashtool with the option of "Download".
    Make sure you are using a scatter file for your version of the phone (3GB?) and for 4.4.4. If you don't have one then download the official 4.4.4 rom from needrom (http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3g-ram/) and use the scatter file found in the BIN folder of that ROM. I would recommend using the scatter file from the official 4.4.4 ROM for your phone just in case any scatter file that comes with the TWRP file is for the 2GB version.
    So, back to SP Flashtool. You are using "Download" (rather than "format all + download" or "firmware upgrade") to flash the recovery. You do this by selecting the correct scatter file (above), make sure all of the listed files are unchecked except for recovery. Now click on the right hand side where it shows the path to the recovery file. This will open up a dialogue that will allow you to select a different recovery file. Select the recovery.img that you got from the TWRP download from needrom.
    Then press the download button without your phone being attached to the PC.. Take the battery out of your phone and then put it back in and connect the phone to the pc via USB cable (don't switch the phone on at this point).
    Hopefully SP flashtool will do it's thing and you will end up with a big tick in a window.
    You can now unplug your phone and boot it up. Everything should be working as it was before.
    Now you are ready to make your back up.
    Power off your phone, then go into the recovery by keeping volume up and the power button pressed until a small menu appears on your screen. Use the volume up button to move the arrow to "recovery" and press volume down to select it.
    You will now be booting into the custom recovery.
    To make a back up select "backup" from the menu. Check everything you want to make a back up of (all of it if you like) and then swipe right to make it happen.
    This will make a backup in a folder called TWRP on your internal SD card. Once completed, go "back" (rather than reboot) to the main menu.
    You will now want to copy the backup to your actual sd card. The best way to do this is using the file manager within TWRP. Navigate your way to the backup and copy the relevant folder, then select your destination folder on your sd card (you may want to create a new folder for this (I have one called "TWRP backups"). Once the folder is selected press the button with the tick in it and it will copy the files across.
    Once completed you have the backup on your sd card and you are ready to make a fresh install of whatever ROM you want.

How to install Lollipop for the first time
    Switch off your phone and take out your sd card.
    Download your chosen ROM, I am going to assume it is a lollipop ROM (whether the official one or Spacerom v1.0) . Please make sure you download the correct ROM for your version of the phone (eg 2gb or 3gb)
    If you are flashing lollipop for the first time you may need to choose the option "Format all + download" or at the very least "Firmware upgrade" after you have selected the scatter file that came with the ROM.
    Then press download button without your phone being attached to the PC.. Take the battery out of your phone and then put it back in and connect the phone to the pc via USB cable (don't switch the phone on at this point). Hopefully SP flashtool will do it's thing and you will end up with a big tick in a window.
    This will wipe everything from your phone.
    Boot up the phone and make sure everything is working ok.
    If you have used Spacerom then it already has the TWRP recovery (for lollipop) included. This will allow you to make backups of lollipop but will not allow you to restore your kitkat back up (see further down this post to find out how to restore your kitkat backup).
    If you used the official lollipop ROM (http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/) then if you want TWRP recovery you will need to flash the recovery.img, boot.img and userdata.img from the Spacerom v1.0 ROM.
    To root either ROMs (if that's what you want to do) then put the SuperSU flashable zip (found elsewhere on XDA) on the root directory of your built in SD card and install it through TWRP recovery.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danny30

For the IMEI numbers can I follow these steps provided by Viyaka a few pages back after installation?

How to Change IMEI:

1) Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
    2) Connectivity
    3) CDS information
    4) Radio Information
    5) For Phone 1: Input IMEI in this format: AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI SIM1” (Space between AT & +)
    7) Tap on the SEND AT COMMAND, if successful you should see a success report of "AT COMMAND sent" at the bottom of the screen
    8) Restart and use *#06# to confirm if it has changed
    9) For Phone 2: Input IMEI in this format: AT +EGMR=1,10,"IMEI SIM2" (Space between AT & +)
    10) Tap on the SEND AT COMMAND, if successful you should see a success report of "AT COMMAND sent" at the bottom of the screen
    11) Restart and use *#06# to confirm if it has changed

I never had any joy using this method. I download the app called "engineer mode mtk" from the playstore the;
    Swipe left to get to the "Connectivity" options
    Select "CDS Information" then "Radio Information"
    Then select "phone 1" or "phone 2" and type your "AT+......" command in the relevant space and click on SEND AT COMMAND. Do this for both phone 1 and phone 2.
    I'm not sure where the space needs to go, it's either before the "+" sign or after it. It will only accept it one way.
    Either reboot or switch airplane mode on and then off to see if your IMEIs have been accepted and you can pick up a network signal.

Whilst you are in engineering mode you might want to adjust the headphone volume. Swipe to the "hardware" options and then "audio" and then "headset mode". Where it says "Max Vol" set it to 160.

Here is another fix you may want to try. For some reason there seems to be an issue with the MAC address that the phone creates, I think it's due to the fact that it starts with "00" . This can cause an entry in your wifi list called something like "NVRAM error....". It can also mean a wifi router forgets your phone when it's been asleep. This can be a pain when you are using hotel wifi for example. This is the fix I found for it, you need to be rooted.

Install BusyBox from the playstore
    Run busybox for a minute so that it gathers your phone's information
    Install an app called "Chamelemac" from the playstore
    When you run the app it will give you the option to "generate random MAC", click this
    Now click on "apply new MAC"
    This will write the new MAC address to the system.
    Reboot the phone and if you look in settings>>about phone>>status you will see the new MAC address
    You will also see that the NVRAM error in the wifi list is gone

How to restore your KitKat backup
    If for some reason you wanted to restore your KitKat backup from earlier, then use what you have learned above to perform a fresh install of the official 4.4.4 ROM and then the 4.4.4 recovery (all without the sd card in place).
    Boot up to make sure everything works then power down.
    Put your sd card back in and boot into recovery.
    In recovery you want to create the TWRP directory on your internal sd card. What I do is create a new back up but uncheck everything apart from "logo", this will create a backup of your logo only (small file) and in doing so will create the necessary TWRP backup folder on your internal sd card.
    Once that is done, use the file manager to find your 4.4.4 backup on your external sd and copy it across to your newly created TWRP>Backups>E04xxx folder.
    Once the copying is complete go back to the main menu and select "restore" this should then show your backup, select it and swipe right to start the restore. Then reboot once complete.

This is as clear as I can make it. There is a fair chance that in the time it took to write this post someone has already addressed your issues in which case I have wasted half an hour of my life! ;)
    Success with Lollipop+TWRP+Root+Viper4Android+Exposed

I can confirm success with this phone and Lollipop. I now have Lollipop running with TWRP recovery that allows me to make backups. The phone is also rooted (using flashable SuperSU zip from recovery) and I also managed to install Xposed yesterday which is running well and improving battery life using the Amplify module. I wrote this over on needrom and will quote it here:

Ok. The ROM that I used was the one available at ecoo.hk/download.html . It's the one for the E04 3GB "Android 5.0 20150430".

I am going to assume you know how to use SP Flashtool already, if not there are plenty of tutorials around. Here are the steps that I would reccomend, although I am strictly an amateur and some of them may be redundant but worked for me.

****Be aware that this will install a completely fresh install on your phone, you will lose all data and your IMEI information which you will have to enter later. Do not do any of this if you don't have a note of your 2 IMEI numbers. They should be written on the packaging or under the battery of the phone*****

1) Download the ROM from the ecoo.hk website
    2) Remove any SD card from the phone
    3) Flash the full rom using SP Flash Tool, use the option "Format All + Download"
    4) Boot up the phone, you now have a "stock" install of the ecoo android 5.0 ROM, at this point you could open up the Fingerprints app if you like and check that it is working.
    5) To install the recovery you will need to download the latest version of Spacerom from the original Italian forum. The link can be found on needrom. If you go into the comments for the Spacerom ROM you will find the link. You will then find the download link to the ROM on page 88 post #874 (sorry, I don't have enough posts to be able to post a direct link here)
    6) Using SP Flashtool you will need to use the scatter file from the stock rom, select download only, uncheck everything other than boot, recovery and userdata. Replace these 3 files with the ones found in the Spacerom (you can do this by clicking on their paths in SP Flashtool, it will ask you to browse for the new file)
    7) Once you have flashed the recovery, boot and userdata you can reboot and again check that the Fingerprints app is working
    8.) You will now need to re-enter your IMEI information, – I use the MTK Engineer mode app found in the playstore.
    9) To Root the phone I used the latest SuperSU flashable zip, this can be found at XDA amongst other places. You can flash this via recovery, this will give you root access, I find it easier than iRoot, Kingroot etc.
    10) Don't forget to put your sd card back in!

Once you have rooted I would thoroughly reccomend installing Viper4Android, this vastly improves the audio and most importantly the headphone volume. Search for "installing viper4android on android 5.0" for instructions and files. If you use your phone for listening to music then this is a must have for the E04 as left to it's own devices the volume level on headphones stinks.

Just FYI I also use HTC Sense 7 and Blinkfeed as my launcher of choice, again this can be found on XDA. I had no issues installing this and can switch between this launcher and the default nova launcher in Settings>Home.
    @SimoneGuarrera (Spacerom) has done some great work and as you have downloaded Spacerom you may want to have a play with that. I have installed it and it works, comes pre-rooted and also has TWRP already, and the fingerprints work. I know that it is running a modified kernel so he may have made some improvements to the overheating issue. I haven't been running it long enough to tell – and google translate is hard work on the forum! One big bonus is that it comes with it's own OTA updates.

I installed the experimental xposed for ARMv8 yesterday (found on XDA) and it worked straight off the bat. I have been able to use Amplify and Gravity. By adjusting the settings for NlpWakeLock and NlpCollectorWakeLock the battery performance today is vastly improved.

Hope this all helps.
    Hot knot is on spacerom.

Sent from my ECOO E04 using XDA Free mobile app

yes but here we are checking why it is not there in the stock lollipop of where is it in it.

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

Please note I will not be held responsible if anything happens to your phone. Do this at your own risk. Search on google if u want to know the risks if the any of these processes here is done wrong. If you are sure you want to do this then proceed here.

Flashing Lollipop

Things needed:
    Rom of course: Either the official stock lollipop rom or custom rom that is Spacerom.
    Stock rom: http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-2/
    Spacerom: http://www.needrom.com/download/ecoo-e04-3gb-spacerom-1-0-0-android-5-0-0/
    SP Flash Tools: It is there in the download link of any rom above here.
    Drivers installed:
    Tutorial on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxTCvRmlio
    Drivers in the link of the video description.
    And finally patience

Flashing the rom:

Note: in this walkthrough i will be mostly pointing out to the stock rom's files but the same procedure applies to the spacerom.

Steps:
    Step 1: Install the drivers following the tutorial shown in the video.
    Step 2: Open SP Flash Tools.
    Step 3: Click on the scatter loading option and locate the scatter file. It will be .txt file. The name will be MT6752_Android_scatter.txt. (in the spacerom it is located as you open the folder and in the stock rom it is located in the BIN folder.)
    Step 4: Make sure that in the list that all the files are there and nothing is missing.
    Step 5: Disconnect any phones if plugged in the system and do not plug any in yet.
    Step 6: Select the "Format All + Download" option in the drop down list.
    Step 7: Now press the download button (still no phones plugged in yet.)
    Step 8: switch off the phone and take out the battery, after 5-10 seconds insert the battery and do not switch it on.
    Step 9: plug in the phone switched OFF and with the usb cable that came WITH the phone.
    Step 10: You should see a bar at the bottom that first turns red, then it starts to count up with a yellow bar filling up and after it is done a green tick in a box.
    Step 11: You have flashed your lollipop/spacerom rom now :D.

Most probably your imei numbers will be removed/missing right now.
    Your imei numbers should be there in the back of your phone under the battery in a sticker.
    To add it back...
    1) Dial *#*#3646633#*#*
    2) Connectivity
    3) CDS information
    4) Radio Information
    5) For Phone 1: Input IMEI in this format: AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI SIM1” (Space between AT & +)
    7) Tap on the SEND AT COMMAND, if successful you should see a success report of "AT COMMAND sent" at the bottom of the screen
    8) Restart and use *#06# to confirm if it has changed
    9) For Phone 2: Input IMEI in this format: AT +EGMR=1,10,"IMEI SIM2" (Space between AT & +)
    10) Tap on the SEND AT COMMAND, if successful you should see a success report of "AT COMMAND sent" at the bottom of the screen
    11) Restart and use *#06# to confirm if it has changed
    (Note: in step 5 and step 9 the "IMEI SIM1" AND "IMEI SIM2" means the imei number should be inserted there.)

Now to root the phone.
    (please note that if u have just flashed the spacerom rom you will not have to do this following steps.)
    The easiest and simple way I have seen is by using the TWRP method.
    First you will need to change the recovery. To do this:
    1) Open SP Flash Tool again and load the scatter file from the rom which is on the phone right now.(most probably it will be the stock rom as that is the other rom there is to install.)
    2) Uncheck all the boxes on the left except for boot, recovery and userdata.
    3) Now locate all these 3 files from the spacerom folder.
    4) This time use the Download Only option.
    5) Follow step 7 - 10 in the above rooting method.

(Now all people with or without spacerom have to do this.)
    Boot into your phone and check whether everything works.
    Now boot into the recovery, that is switch off the phone, then hold the Volume UP + Power Button at the same time and hold till a very small menu shows at the middle left of the screen.
    Use the volume up to navigate to recovery and use volume down to confirm. Now you will booted into the recovery.
    You may want to backup first so that you dont lose anything.
    Then choose the reboot option in the bottom.
    Then an option will appear asking you if u want to root the phone.
    Slide the slider to the right, it should install something and boot back into the phone.
    Open your app drawer and open the Install SuperSU app (it has a flying android logo).
    Select The TWRP option in the bottom right.
    It will do its work and finally reboot back into the system and you are done!
    Enjoy your new lollipop with root.

Please thank this post if it helped, It will make it easier for others to find this post too.
    Latest version of lollipop from the Ecoo website (28th May)

Ok. I have it all up and running with:
    Root
    TWRP Recovery (only need to flash the recovery.img, no need for the boot.img and userdata.img)
    Xposed
    Blinkfeed

Wireless update now works.

All working well so far.