[Fixed] Problem with dialing USSD codes, sending messages etc in several custom ROMs

Search This thread

p32929

Jul 11, 2013
Chittagong
If you have a Verizon Global Phone for CDMA Network and you want correctly use it on GSM Network than you have to edit the build.prop file to fully enable the GSM\UMTS and you have to set APNs to use 3g data.

# In this way you will unlock the hidden menù Testing locked by Verizon to manage the baseband and you will enable on every Rom these advanced gsm features:

* GSM\UMTS -> [GSM auto (PRL)] in Testing menù
* SMS
* MMS
* 3G Data
* USSD Code
* Call Forwarding
* Testing menù accessible dialing the code *#*#4636#*#*

# with this patch:

you will enable the gsm settings in the roms that do not include GSM settings and APNs settings
you will enable the gsm in AOSP rom that natively only support the CDMA
you will solve the problem "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." in roms that do not natively provide GSM

# Installation:

* Download the file from the attachment list
* Go to recovery mode
* Install the zip file
* Reboot
* Enjoy :D

To uninstall the patch and come back to original setting you have to install a second time the patch...

I've tested it in CM11 :) Hope, It'll work for Your ROM too :)
Just try it and let me know :)

# This is not my work. I'm just sharing this file for the people who Googled but couldn't find a proper solution to this problem...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feel FREE to press THANKS if I helped You anyway... :)

Attachments

• cdma_to_gsm_patch_for_verizon_phones_v3.2.1_by_mentor.zip
    709 KB · Views: 793