Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Pioneer AVH-4000 NEX connecting with App Radio and ARUnchained

Tip us?

Dharmaboy75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Pioneer AVH-4000 NEX connecting with App Radio and ARUnchained

Okay, so instead of hijacking the ARUnchained app I decided to create a troubleshooting thread for fellow Pioneer 4000NEX owners to get their phones to connect with basic App Radio and ARUnchained.

In your replies please try to include the following of your phone

Model Number:
OS Version:
Kernel:

Type of MHL cable used & WHERE you purchased it ( I think this is a big issue as well that I have read on many forums lots of bogus connectors)

My setup is the following and these are my Phone specs:

Galaxy Nexus (Roger Canada)
Android Version 4.3.1
Cyanogen mod 10.2.1-maguro
Kernel - 3.0.101 Franco Kernel Knightly

Here is my Car Start Up Procedure.

• I make sure BlueTooth is on my Nexus.
  • I start ARUnchained
  • Turn my car on and make sure the BT is connected for phone calls.
  • I plug in my MHL Cable (MonoPrice MHL adapter)
  • I hit the Home button to go to the layout to bring up which source you want to choose and I make sure i see the HDMI lit up
  • I can see that my apps button on the touch screen is available
  • I got into the apps with mirroring automatically.
  • I hit back or exit button on my touch screen of the deck to exit out of appradio and it goes to mirroring.

This worked for 2 days but all off a sudden I am getting the Red X and the pointy finger. For No reason. So now when I leave work I will try rebooting my phone and trying that again.

I don't think this phone has KNOX.

weavedirch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmaboy75 View Post
Okay, so instead of hijacking the ARUnchained app I decided to create a troubleshooting thread for fellow Pioneer 4000NEX owners to get their phones to connect with basic App Radio and ARUnchained.

In your replies please try to include the following of your phone

Model Number:
OS Version:
Kernel:

Type of MHL cable used & WHERE you purchased it ( I think this is a big issue as well that I have read on many forums lots of bogus connectors)

My setup is the following and these are my Phone specs:

Galaxy Nexus (Roger Canada)
Android Version 4.3.1
Cyanogen mod 10.2.1-maguro
Kernel - 3.0.101 Franco Kernel Knightly

Here is my Car Start Up Procedure.

• I make sure BlueTooth is on my Nexus.
  • I start ARUnchained
  • Turn my car on and make sure the BT is connected for phone calls.
  • I plug in my MHL Cable (MonoPrice MHL adapter)
  • I hit the Home button to go to the layout to bring up which source you want to choose and I make sure i see the HDMI lit up
  • I can see that my apps button on the touch screen is available
  • I got into the apps with mirroring automatically.
  • I hit back or exit button on my touch screen of the deck to exit out of appradio and it goes to mirroring.

This worked for 2 days but all off a sudden I am getting the Red X and the pointy finger. For No reason. So now when I leave work I will try rebooting my phone and trying that again.

I don't think this phone has KNOX.
Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

I am running...

Model Number: SPH-L900 (galaxy note 2)
OS Version: 4.4.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-1561791

Cable>> CableMatters MHL converter from Amazon (Thinking this could be the main problem)

The only mods done to this stock note 2 from Sprint are: rooted and disabled KNOX. I initially had a bt connectivity problem, where after running aru and attempting to connect it would just show disconnected after about 10 seconds.

I somehow got this solved after multiple reboots and permission fixes through rom manager. I was also having the same problem you are having now with aru giving me the proverbial finger. The fix permission and reboots also solved this problem.

The problem I am having now, is the touch functionality is not working on my HU. The bt stays connected, rotation works, and everything mirrors smooth, but I have to use my actual phone. It let me calibrate the screen during the initial setup, but when I double tap mode the only thing that changes is the toolbar to the left goes away. Touching the display on HDMI mode only activates the HUs normal functionality (down arrow in top left corner to change input, etc.)

Have you or anyone else had this problem? Do you have any ideas on what might be causing this? I've been at this for some time now an getting pretty damn frustrated.

Thanks in advance!

Dharmaboy75
Old
(Last edited by Dharmaboy75; 7th September 2014 at 06:18 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by weavedirch View Post
Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

I am running...

Model Number: SPH-L900 (galaxy note 2)
OS Version: 4.4.2
Kernel: 3.0.31-1561791

Cable>> CableMatters MHL converter from Amazon (Thinking this could be the main problem)

The only mods done to this stock note 2 from Sprint are: rooted and disabled KNOX. I initially had a bt connectivity problem, where after running aru and attempting to connect it would just show disconnected after about 10 seconds.

I somehow got this solved after multiple reboots and permission fixes through rom manager. I was also having the same problem you are having now with aru giving me the proverbial finger. The fix permission and reboots also solved this problem.

The problem I am having now, is the touch functionality is not working on my HU. The bt stays connected, rotation works, and everything mirrors smooth, but I have to use my actual phone. It let me calibrate the screen during the initial setup, but when I double tap mode the only thing that changes is the toolbar to the left goes away. Touching the display on HDMI mode only activates the HUs normal functionality (down arrow in top left corner to change input, etc.)

Have you or anyone else had this problem? Do you have any ideas on what might be causing this? I've been at this for some time now an getting pretty damn frustrated.

Thanks in advance!
Huzzah I figured it out!!

Okay here is the issue. My phone already had AppUnchained running in the background in a sleep function. See that little icon next to my phone missed called? Thats the BT function waiting in AppRadio. This means that as I hooked up my phone. AppRadioUnchaine was already running.

Notice how my functions on the right side are greyed out? That's when you get the Red Finger of X.

Here is my Screen Mirroring but look.....Greyed out menu on the left Meaning again Red Finger of X

Here it is running in the background on my phone as well..in the background

Here is what I did :-

I put it in Hibernate using Greenify.

Then I fire up ARU and hit the Home Button and looky here, My HDMI is lit up and my APPS is hilighted now meaning it can run Apps off the phone

I Hit Apps in the Head Unit and volia No Red Finger and I know that because the Left menus is now available.

I exit the App on the HU touchscreen. And Voila full touch screen controlling my phone. You know you will NOT get the Red Finger of X because the Left Menu is now touchable.

Any question ask away. But I think this is the issue. APU not closing properly. Seems that the HU Likes it only on a fresh new instance of ARUnchained. otherwise Red Finger of X. Remember , You might have to unplug your phone a couple of times for ARUnchained to start up and detect it. It's something to do with the MHL Cables.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dharmaboy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dharmaboy75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I forgot to mention on this unit that you have to set the function of AV Input to OFF, or else you will get a side menu on the left (even with screen mirrored) every time you attempt to touch the screen. Also Clicking on the HDMI just tells the HU "Go Show me whats being displayed" and every time you go to touch it, you will get a AV input overlay which is useless.

You have to get it to be in Apps mode for your touch and screen mirroring to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dharmaboy75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anujpuri85
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've found that all you need to do to get the touch working... is plug in your phone first and THEN connect your bluetooth. Then touch works fine every time. You don't need to keep restarting ARU.

Also, anyone know a way to get rid of the left side menu so the phone mirroring and touch is full screen?
The Following User Says Thank You to anujpuri85 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

weavedirch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touch Problems

Thank you for all the tips; your the man Dharmaboy75!!! I'll mess with it tonight after I get off work and post an update later. I'll also try anujpuri85s method and report back on what worked. Thanks again guys!!

Dharmaboy75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by anujpuri85 View Post
I've found that all you need to do to get the touch working... is plug in your phone first and THEN connect your bluetooth. Then touch works fine every time. You don't need to keep restarting ARU.

Also, anyone know a way to get rid of the left side menu so the phone mirroring and touch is full screen?
I tried this and had no luck. The 4000NEX starts to demand a BT or HDMI Source. When I say HDMI source it goes a mirrored screen in with an AV output overlay which is not available to touch control.

I retried my method this morning, Made sure ARU is in Hibernated states. Hooked up my phone to the deck via BT and then plugged in my phone to the MHL cable.

I hit the home button, then went to the Apps touch button on the HU and voila full mirroring with touch control and no Red Finger of X.

This could be something to do with my Nexus (2011 Model) and this deck but it is confirmed working with these steps.

john94si
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Can anyone recommend a ROM for a note3 ATT?

Dharmaboy75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by john94si View Post
I have a Note 2, Installed the Jedi ROM last night, Mirroring and functions work great with genuine Samsung MHL cable. Flawless.

I would lean towards getting a Jedi ROM working on your phone.

Dharmaboy75
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by john94si View Post
you will need to do this as well

http://www.droidviews.com/disable-kn...alaxy-devices/