Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE][HOW TO]How to increase App storage in Micromax Canvas2 colors[Kitkat 4GB/8GB]

Tip us?

Biswajyoti
Old
(Last edited by Biswajyoti; 31st August 2014 at 01:02 PM.) Reason: NOOB GUIDE
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [GUIDE][HOW TO]How to increase App storage in Micromax Canvas2 colors[Kitkat 4GB/8GB]

To increase Internal App storage of canvas 2 colors A120(4gb/8gb version with stock kitkat)just follow this steps :
Step 1: Download These Files:
A)INTERNAL APP STORAGE INCREASING FILE
B)SP FLASH TOOLS
C)MTK DRIVER
Step 2: Extract all the files
Step 3:install MTK driver
[PROCEDURE TO INSTALL MTK DRIVER:Remove the battery from your phone>connect it to pc via data cable>right click on my computer >click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>update driver>browse my computer for driver software >select the driver's folder which you have extracted >ok>if u get any warning msg just allow the option>remove the data cable]
Step 4: Open SP Flash tools
Step 5: Add scatter file
Step 6:Select EBR1 and EBR2
Step 7: Click on Download
Step 8:Re connect your Canvas 2 colors via data cable (no need to insert battery)
Step 9:wait for the completion of Flashing Process
Step 10:Remove the data cable ,insert the battery and turn on your Phone
Step 11:Pull down Notification panel and tap on the msg "Damaged Internal SD card"
Step 12: Tap on Format ...

Now Enjoy 2.1 GB app storage with 410MB Mass storage in 4GB version and 2.1GB app storage with 4.08 GB Mass Storage in 8gb version. ....
IF YOU WANT TO REVERT BACK YOUR PHONE TO ORIGINAL STATE, JUST FLASH THE STOCK EBR..CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD ORIGINAL EBR FILES ...
Warning :
Plz Do The Above Steps At Your Own Risk.......

It works only with Stock Kitkat.....Plz don't apply the above steps with "FOTA KITKAT UPDATE"(Custom Build V10)" or any other versions of Android
(I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device !!!! or void your warranty)

My works:
CLOCK WORK MODE RECOVERY FOR MMX C2C

Plz Hit thanks button if I helped you!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Biswajyoti For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kiran2001
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default does this work for clean kat rom?

does this work for clean kat rom?

qwerfaseeh
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Clean kat is based on stock a120 kitkat so just give it a try at ur own risk but there are more chances that I will work

Biswajyoti
Old
(Last edited by Biswajyoti; 17th August 2014 at 10:41 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Yes.....It will work with 8gb also but try it at your own risk .....

ajitabhpandey
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Confirmed it works with Micromax A120 (1 GB RAM, 8GB ROM) running kitkat. Thanks.

drprateekluthra
Old
Thanks Meter 5
[REQ]
can u please make another version with app storage of 2.5gb and internal sd of 5-10mb ....... ????

ravirich
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default no option for phone in device manager

I don't see any option for phone in device manager to copy MTK driver.

I made sure that phone was switched off with battery pulled and connected to PC through data cable. Please let me know on what do I need to do?