FORUMS

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

[GUIDE][HOW TO]How to increase App storage in Micromax Canvas2 colors[Kitkat 4GB/8GB]

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By Biswajyoti, Member on 7th August 2014, 12:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
19th June 2015, 08:02 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyas90

Step 3 for installing mtk drivers..
If you have successfully installed the drivers ..then proceed with step 4 for flashing..

Sorry, request more guidance. (have been searching all over or solution, without success yet!)
Quote: To install MTK driver "click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>" - followed the steps indicated (remove battery, connect with data cable, manage, device manager) - but my phone is not listed. Assume this will be listed as "Micromax A120" or something to indicate "phone". What should be the listed name? If not see, what needs to be done... please be bit more specific (remember, I am no technical guy!). Thanks.

26th June 2015, 04:09 AM |#62  

More
sir i used mprio repartition app to do that . it told partition adjusted please wipe
it told wipecatche and reset phone
so i rebooted to recovery and first wiped cache and then data/factory reset but from 40 minutes it is displaying a android logo and loading symbol .plz help what should i do .plz help,
1st July 2015, 02:02 PM |#63  

More
If phone is not detected by device manager....
Quote:
Originally Posted by knvn

Sorry, request more guidance. (have been searching all over or solution, without success yet!)
Quote: To install MTK driver "click on manage>click on device manager>right click on your phone>" - followed the steps indicated (remove battery, connect with data cable, manage, device manager) - but my phone is not listed. Assume this will be listed as "Micromax A120" or something to indicate "phone". What should be the listed name? If not see, what needs to be done... please be bit more specific (remember, I am no technical guy!). Thanks.

After much further internet search, I managed to complete the steps and my Phone has the increased memory now! Thanks to the developer... . May I add the additional steps I had to do (so that another layman might find it easier to implement the steps).
1) Go to http : / / gsmbdmobile. blogspot. in /2013/ 10/ mtk-6577-usb-vcom-driver-download. html and follow the steps (for detection of your phone in the PC Device manager). Download the relevant drivers at the bottom of the post. [I found step 10 of this procedure difficult as double clicking on the item which appear only for couple of seconds in the device manager was quite dicey. So, I had to go to another thread the follow the steps: http : / / thebroodle.com/ microsoft/ windows/ how-to-install-mtk65xx-preloader-usb-vcom-drivers-in-windows/
2) Even after the above, I did not exactly get the phone listed in the device manager, instead I had "MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port" listed under "Ports". [I right clicked on this item to update the driver as described under step 3 in the original post of this thread].
I am not sure, but I think, all the downloaded zip files should be extracted into a single folder (instead the different sub-folders I had created because of which the updation required me to manually point to the sub folders but this should be easy for even a 'layman' I think.)
Thanks again to the great direction in the original post in this thread. So happy that there are guys who really want to help others without expecting any rewards!! Great guys and thanks again.
3rd July 2015, 05:58 AM |#64  

More
Question Micromax a120 phone stroage problem
I followed all the steps mentioned by you, but still a am struggling to install mtk driver(my phone is not showing in device manager). mtk driver file downloaded many times for update version. Pls help me if i am not doing proper.
3rd July 2015, 09:53 AM |#65  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by harish.pant31

I followed all the steps mentioned by you, but still a am struggling to install mtk driver(my phone is not showing in device manager). mtk driver file downloaded many times for update version. Pls help me if i am not doing proper.

Remember, I mentioned I am a 'layman', and no expert! With that caution, let me briefly recapitulate the steps once again. Please read my (1st July) post once again - I mentioned in (2) that I did not see my 'phone' listed, but only a 'port'.
(see the post date & post number for clarity):
1) 1st July 2015, 02:02 PM |#63 . First link in (1). Carry out all the steps if you can, else do steps upto & including 9.
2) If you managed to do all steps in 1 above, then now go to step 3 here. If you managed to do only steps upto 9, then go to second link in (1).
3) No go to the original post steps - you should be able to do it now, I hope.
(As I mentioned earlier, it would be better to 'extract' all downloaded files into a single folder so that the system can automatically identify the required files; else you may have to manually point the files, which may be difficult for a layman, I think.)
The steps worked for me and hope it does for you. But as is customary, please do no blame me if something goes wrong, I refuse to take any responsibility in that matter.
You are free not to do anything I suggested above. (Once again, I do not claim to be an expert here at all).
Good luck.
5th July 2015, 06:46 AM |#66  

More
Thumbs up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twvne_rV6c8
open this link for you tube video
11th July 2015, 04:44 PM |#67  

More
Info 2 Will i loose data..
Just 1 Question will i loose any data in this proces..as in the end i have to format damaged sd card so i will losse my data..? Right?

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcp@xda

Thank you very much friend. It worked.

one question: now that i have repartitioned my phone, can i flash custom roms on this kitkat os using cwm recovery? And will this partition remain intact?
waiting for your reply.
thanks once again.

Sent from my Micromax A120 4 Gb using XDA Free mobile app

You lost any data after all the process is done? Pls reply asap.
13th July 2015, 03:55 PM |#68  
Surat
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Will MPRio Partition app work on FOTA Kitkat 4-GB ( Build number: ALPS.KK1.MP1.V2.10 & Custom build version S5501BP_MP_MMX_IN_10)?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
micromax-a120
Previous Thread Next Thread