FORUMS

[Q/A][DISCUSSION] CM 11 Discussion Thread for S Duos! [Post Your Queries Here]

484 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,426

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
READ THIS!
Last edited by v_superuser; 19th August 2014 at 07:39 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v_superuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th May 2014, 12:34 PM |#2  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_superuser

Please keep the development thread clean and post all your queries here.
Original Thread Here!

Thanks and Regards,
v_superuser

Hey @v_superuser I think

If you modify stock kernel for cyanogenmod 11 I think it can be worked (if you just know how to modified it)
12th May 2014, 01:11 PM |#3  
Flag Kerala
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_superuser

Please keep the development thread clean and post all your queries here.
Original Thread Here!

Thanks and Regards,
v_superuser

@v_superuser here is some 4.4.2 roms for Galaxy star pro ( I don't tested it ! )
Link 1
Link 2

Star pro us similar to our s duos (both have cortex a5 processor. I think we can take the rom parts from the above links ( I am not sure the links for kitkat or not . I founded it from Google . Forgive me if the links are wrong) .
Thank you .
Last edited by AlfasMP; 12th May 2014 at 01:45 PM.
12th May 2014, 05:04 PM |#4  
Flag Gods Own Country
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfasPeralassery

@v_superuser here is some 4.4.2 roms for Galaxy star pro ( I don't tested it ! )
Link 1
Link 2

Star pro us similar to our s duos (both have cortex a5 processor. I think we can take the rom parts from the above links ( I am not sure the links for kitkat or not . I founded it from Google . Forgive me if the links are wrong) .
Thank you .

You know what most of these roms are fake, always flash rom from authorized source.

Quote:

I replaced the lib files with stock & cm9 . But no luck

Where did you get cm9 for s duos!!!! Only Ace 2x (s7560m) and Trend (s7560) roms are compatible with s duos. Afaik there is no cm9 for these phones.

Dont flash incompatible roms, you will brick your phone.
12th May 2014, 05:42 PM |#5  
Flag Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IjazCI

You know what most of these roms are fake, always flash rom from authorized source.

Where did you get cm9 for s duos!!!! Only Ace 2x (s7560m) and Trend (s7560) roms are compatible with s duos. Afaik there is no cm9 for these phones.

Dont flash incompatible roms, you will brick your phone.

Oh dude , I am not talking about the star pro rom for us . It's only a suggestion for v_superuser to fix the lib files . I am talking about the from parts only .

Secondly I reaplaced lib files with my stock , ace 2x (already) and an unknown lib of cm9(I know there is no cm9 for s duos . I just checked the processor & the CPU almost compatible for s duos . My bro. Searched it for me) from the Google .

Anyway thank you for your warning and cooperation.

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 08:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
So, I see that we're trying to implement a working RIL from another device, which should have Dual-Sim and should have the same chipset as our S Duos, and should also have a working build of Cyanogenmod 11. So, even though, Samsung Galaxy Star Pro has a similar chipset, it's not the same. It doesn't have the Adreno 200 GPU, 512 MB RAM, 2 MP of camera. Other than that, it doesn't even have a Cyanogenmod 11 avalible according to Google. So if Google can't find it, nobody can, right? . I think RIL is the only thing @v_superuser wants to fix for now. Other than that, I think he can port almost everything from Galaxy Ace II X. In fact you can even flash a Cyanogenmod 11 build made for Ace II X in an S Duos, and it will work, except RIL. So that's our biggest issue, and Galaxy Star Pro nor Ace II X can help us
The Following User Says Thank You to Gungamathic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 07:39 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
GT-S6500 Galaxy Mini 2
http://devdb.ru/samsung_gt_s6500_galaxy_mini_2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575127
Last edited by DimonPS; 14th May 2014 at 07:49 AM.
14th May 2014, 08:25 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jammu
Thanks Meter: 1,426

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungamathic

So, I see that we're trying to implement a working RIL from another device, which should have Dual-Sim and should have the same chipset as our S Duos, and should also have a working build of Cyanogenmod 11. So, even though, Samsung Galaxy Star Pro has a similar chipset, it's not the same. It doesn't have the Adreno 200 GPU, 512 MB RAM, 2 MP of camera. Other than that, it doesn't even have a Cyanogenmod 11 avalible according to Google. So if Google can't find it, nobody can, right? . I think RIL is the only thing @v_superuser wants to fix for now. Other than that, I think he can port almost everything from Galaxy Ace II X. In fact you can even flash a Cyanogenmod 11 build made for Ace II X in an S Duos, and it will work, except RIL. So that's our biggest issue, and Galaxy Star Pro nor Ace II X can help us

For one last time, this is NOT A PORT.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to v_superuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 09:32 AM |#9  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 68

More
BLA BLA
Last edited by dukenukem32; 14th May 2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: editing
14th May 2014, 03:56 PM |#10  
Flag Kerala

More
Guys , I have a doubt ,

Can I flash a Chinese region rom on my Indian based devices ??? I know frequencies of network varries according to countries.
Please tell me about that and if it has any problem also tell me how to solve it .
Thank you

14th May 2014, 04:40 PM |#11  
Flag Kottayam
Thanks Meter: 241

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfasPeralassery

Guys , I have a doubt ,

Can I flash a Chinese region rom on my Indian based devices ??? I know frequencies of network varries according to countries.
Please tell me about that and if it has any problem also tell me how to solve it .
Thank you

I tried, but it will not flash anything else after recovery, it will stuck after that step. so i flashed my baseband back.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread