Huawei Honor 6 International Variant - H60-L04

Search This thread

warea

Dec 1, 2007
If one of you rooted your phone, you can probably mod the build.prop file and get the navigation bar hide option.

Either way don't forget to keep pushing Huawei and requesting for Emui3.0 upgrade for your model. Its just small effort and time required to bring these china roms to international but these guys are pretty lazy to do that. Huawei has got divisions in each country and now they have the Indian division set up since about half of last year. You have to push them and make it priority. For China market, the stable version for the L01/L02/L11/L12 model have been released, and now they are moving to releasing Emui3.0 beta test rom for Honor 3c/3x etc range. So Huawei India division should have no reason to wait longer and should bring Emui3.0 stable version to Honor 6 for Indian market soon. If they are dragging their feet and extending release to about beginning of next year, then up your request and ask them for Android Lollipop+ Emui3.0 by that time. Otherwise push for imminent release of Emui3.0.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsnotmeatall

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay
If one of you rooted your phone, you can probably mod the build.prop file and get the navigation bar hide option.

Either way don't forget to keep pushing Huawei and requesting for Emui3.0 upgrade for your model. Its just small effort and time required to bring these china roms to international but these guys are pretty lazy to do that. Huawei has got divisions in each country and now they have the Indian division set up since about half of last year. You have to push them and make it priority. For China market, the stable version for the L01/L02/L11/L12 model have been released, and now they are moving to releasing Emui3.0 beta test rom for Honor 3c/3x etc range. So Huawei India division should have no reason to wait longer and should bring Emui3.0 stable version to Honor 6 for Indian market soon. If they are dragging their feet and extending release to about beginning of next year, then up your request and ask them for Android Lollipop+ Emui3.0 by that time. Otherwise push for imminent release of Emui3.0.
I have sent emails to all the id's I could find, asking for 3.0 update and a roadmap for lollipop release, not one response. I even said i am willing to be a beta tester for future upgrades like they have in China, but no one seems to be monitoring these mail ids.

Btw, what is the most reliable method for rooting you have found?

hidayatte

Aug 6, 2014
Remote Control Apk

ITES 2.0, make your Honor 6 become universal remote control

Independent infrared remote control chip from the world's leading supplier of pre-infrared code library.
Remote control your TVs, set-top boxes, DVD, and air conditioning with accuracy up to 99%(☆may vary for certain brands)
Combined with powerful self-learning function, covering almost all infrared devices.

Step 1: Download and Install UEAIndroidServicesSDK

Step 2: Download and Install HwRemoteController

*I've got this from Malaysian Huawei Club forum :)

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay
ITES 2.0, make your Honor 6 become universal remote control

Independent infrared remote control chip from the world's leading supplier of pre-infrared code library.
Remote control your TVs, set-top boxes, DVD, and air conditioning with accuracy up to 99%(☆may vary for certain brands)
Combined with powerful self-learning function, covering almost all infrared devices.

Step 1: Download and Install UEAIndroidServicesSDK

Step 2: Download and Install HwRemoteController

*I've got this from Malaysian Huawei Club forum :)

Have you tried to install this? I tried it, but while the SDK installs, the HwRemoteController does not. (I have, of course, allowed install from unknown sources in settings.)

Have tried everything... always gives the message, 'App Not Installed X'

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay
Wait. Try rebooting or something first.

Tried all that - clearing cache, rebooting, removing updates from the preinstalled sdk, changing install location from internal to sd card and back again, etc. Nothing works.

I think it must be that I tried some other remote apps from play store, and those must have caused the problem. I'm backing up all apps, settings, messages, call logs etc on Hisuite and then I'll try and restore everything so I don't lose much by factory resetting. Let's see if it works.

VargheseJohn

Oct 18, 2014
Hide Navigation Bar in H60-L04 (Needs to be Rooted)

The option to hide Navigation bar can be enabled once the phone is rooted.
To root these guides will be helpful.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55747471#post55747471
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2800079
Also HONOR 6 Multi-Tool v1.7 tool was very usefull in installing CWM recovery.

To hide Navigation bar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEGCKcxaTY
The "hide_virtual_key" entry is already available, just update the value to "1"
Hope this helps!

Was anyone able to get Factory Recovery.img for H60-L04??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-18-19-16-49.jpeg
    Screenshot_2014-10-18-19-16-49.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 305

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay

That is what I was waiting for, before rooting. Unless you have a stock image to go back to, it is not possible to relock bootloader, as far as I understand. And unless you relock bootloader, you cannot get Huawei's upgrades.

I have not found a stock image (or any rom of any kind) anywhere, and extracting a image from the phone itself is a little beyond my expertise. I was waiting for Huawei to issue an update, since it is relatively easier to extract an image from the update file.

ibadshah47

Oct 18, 2014
root

The option to hide Navigation bar can be enabled once the phone is rooted.
To root these guides will be helpful.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2800079
Also HONOR 6 Multi-Tool v1.7 tool was very usefull in installing CWM recovery.

To hide Navigation bar - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMEGCKcxaTY
The "hide_virtual_key" entry is already available, just update the value to "1"
Hope this helps!

how did you root the device . can u plz share the method.it will be really helpfull

sunnyrullzz

Sep 25, 2014
fatehpur himachal pradesh
No not yet. There seems to be no mention of the Indian variant anywhere on the Chinese websites, so no roms, no CM, no custom recovery, not even any beta upgrades of EMUI available. Rooting would allow you to install Xposed, but that is about it.Rooting itself should not be a problem, but you would have to use Chinese software like Shuame or Root Genius, and I am a little apprehensive about the stuff these install on the phone.

I suppose we have to wait till an Indian (or Malaysian) developer takes interest in this device.

Amazon has a good selection, including black. I got mine from ebay, quite nice since it gives you a good grip on the phone which is otherwise somewhat slippery.
Flipkart is giving original honor 6 flipcover buy tht

Aug 13, 2011
H60-L04 Cellular Frequency Bands?

Hi All,

I just ordered this phone on flipkart. Can't wait, I'm super excited! :D

But I couldn't find any listing for the exact operating frequencies of the H60-L04 model. (GSMArena only lists for L01, L02 and L12, and the ones mentioned on Flipkart seem to be a bit incomplete)
Could anyone who currently has this variant tell me what the list of all operating frequencies for our variant are?

Thanks!

itsnotmeatall

Dec 2, 2012
Bombay
I don't think this is the case. Im pretty sure the bootloader can be locked the same way it is unlocked using adb. And huawei updates can be done OTA and with HiSuite with an unlocked bootloader AFAIK. I could be wrong.

Well this post from Virusplus is what I was basing my assumption on. On re-reading it appears you have to have stock recovery before you can get OTA updates. So you are probably right, those guys must need to relock bootloader so they can flash beta roms, which are not OTA.

Maybe @VirusPlus or @warea or someone from the other thread can shed some more light on this?

Hi All,

I just ordered this phone on flipkart. Can't wait, I'm super excited! :D

But I couldn't find any listing for the exact operating frequencies of the H60-L04 model. (GSMArena only lists for L01, L02 and L12, and the ones mentioned on Flipkart seem to be a bit incomplete)
Could anyone who currently has this variant tell me what the list of all operating frequencies for our variant are?

Thanks!

Check here

W4mInR4.png

Reactions: pradeepdamodara.91

warea

Dec 1, 2007
The L04 mode is released in Malaysia too, so the specs for yours are the same as this: http://honor6.vmall.my/

Yes the Bootloader can be locked again. The procedure is mentioned on the Huawei website same place where it detailed the way to unlock it. Whether unlocking phone effects OTA update is not consistent. My phone was unlocked by the seller itself. And i did get one OTA update during my time of usage. But again some might receive and some might not.

Its not an issue though, because you can always "local update" it by either downloading the whole rom that is usually made officially available for download, or by one of you guys saving the OTA update and you can also just use that saved file to local update. Unlocking bootloader will not effect that. Some of them who modified their local.prop file after rooting did have a failed update, but they just overwrited that file with another unedited file, and updated with no problems.

Reactions: itsnotmeatall

futong

Aug 2, 2012
Alright. Here goes.
The rooting and unlocking method for all other models of Honor 6 work perfectly fine on L04. My L04 is unlocked and rooted now and I installed CWM and it's all working fine so far. Reply to this post if you need help or PM me.

Hi pudup, would you mind to let me know how to root L04?

VargheseJohn

Oct 18, 2014
how did you root the device . can u plz share the method.it will be really helpfull

The guide I referred says that to root, you need to unlock the bootloader. For this you need the unlock code.
It can be obtained by following this guide -
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2800079&page=15
Once you get the code, check out below link for steps to get the ph into fastboot mode, unlock bootloader and root.

Please Note that factory recovery.img is not yet available for H60-L04, so you will not be able to reflash the stock recovery once to flash cmw recovery.

The other root methods like using vroot or RootGenius didnot work for me.

VJ

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

The L04 mode is released in Malaysia too, so the specs for yours are the same as this:

Yes the Bootloader can be locked again. The procedure is mentioned on the Huawei website same place where it detailed the way to unlock it. Whether unlocking phone effects OTA update is not consistent. My phone was unlocked by the seller itself. And i did get one OTA update during my time of usage. But again some might receive and some might not.

Its not an issue though, because you can always "local update" it by either downloading the whole rom that is usually made officially available for download, or by one of you guys saving the OTA update and you can also just use that saved file to local update. Unlocking bootloader will not effect that. Some of them who modified their local.prop file after rooting did have a failed update, but they just overwrited that file with another unedited file, and updated with no problems.

So will the phone be able to get OTA updates if the bootloader is unlocked and with CMW recovery? Just curious to know. :D

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Since you guys are still on Emui2.3, rooting might work without need of CWM recovery. The other models when previously on emui2.3, they rooted using root apps like vroot etc, and it worked fine, but here too first have to be unlocked anyway. Its with emui3.0 that CWM turned out to be only way to root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for the Huawei Honor 6 H60-L04, the international variant officially available across Europe and some Asian countries outside China since Oct 2014

20141207T021400.jpeg

Android 6.0 MARSHMALLOW is now out for this device.

There is already a pretty comprehensive thread HUAWEI Honor 6 Review, Unlock Bootloader and ROOT
    but that is for the imported Chinese variants (H60-L01, H60-L02, H60-L11 and H60-L12) which have been out since June '14

FEATURES:

1.7 GHz Octa-Core Processor
    Built-in co processor with ultra-low power consumption and the ability to detect external sensors in standby mode.
    (For waking up the phone with 'OK Google' Moto Xs-style voice commands!)

3 GB RAM & 16 GB ROM
    SD Card Slot with upto 64GB additional storage capacity

12.7CM (5”) Full HD In-Cell screen
    Compact design with a 2.86MM ultra thin frame and a 75.7% screen-to-body ratio.

13 MP Sony BSI Rear Camera.
    Double click on volume down button takes photo when screen is off, in 0.6 seconds, for instant shots.
    Back illuminated 5 MP front camera with 1.4um pixel size, 88° angle of view, and the capability to take panoramic selfies
    Full HD video recording.

3100 mAh battery
    ROG (720p) mode for extended battery life.
    Ultra power saving mode in which a 10% battery charge can be used for an additional 24 hours.

Here is how you can get in touch with Huawei:

In Europe:

In India:

--​
    Honor 6 H60-L04 ROOTING METHOD
    Step by Step (Even newbies can easily follow)

Standard Disclaimer: You are rooting your device on your own risk, responsibility and consequences. I am NOT responsible if your device is bricked, or your house burns down on Step 6 - just kidding.:)

Thanks to @VirusPlus for his Multi-Tool, @warea for invaluable advice.

STEP 1:

NOTE: This method to unlock bootloader does not seem to work anymore. Click the button below and use either of these two methods instead:

*SOLVED*
    For anybody struggling to unlock the Bootloader site, I finally managed to get it working.
    Using incognito mode in chrome I went to the emui homepage, & translated with Google.
    Then selected my phone Honor 6plus PE-TL10.
    On the download page there is a link for unlocking. This took me to the homepage & I selected "log in with Facebook" It asked me to create a nickname, then took me back to the unlock page.
    Here I was able to select smartphone in the first drop down box. The second box kept coming up empty & took a while for the page to load the list of phones.
    However I was able to choose the correct model without trying to edit the page info.
    I used IMEI from sim #1 was instantly given the code in red text at the bottom of the page.
    Just be patient when using teanslate as the page may still be loading. Also don't expect a new page or window to open up with the code. Mine just appeard at the bottom & you could easily miss it.

Remember :-
    *email login doesn't work
    *phone number login doesn't work (Chinese numbers only)
    *use incognito mode or clear cache/history/cookies
    *use Facebook to log register a new account
    *go to the site via the homepage not the link
    *be patient using translate (page loads slow)
    *profit ��

you have to send an email [to mobile@huawei.com] like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,
    I am not able to generate my bootloader unlock code for my Honor 6. Please send me the unlock code for my device:
    Model: H60-L/02/12/04
    SN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    IMEI: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Product ID: XXXXXXXX

Thanks for your assistance
    Kind Regards
    Your Name

(use google chrome to translate):
    http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail

Choose your model from the drop down list.

Fill in the rest of the fields:

To get your Product SN: Settings> About phone> Status > here you can find the serial number.

To get your IMEI: On your dialpad enter: *#06#

(These two you can also get on the box your phone came in)

To get your Product ID: On your dialpad enter: *#*#1357946#*#*

Now enter the security code and click submit.

Your unlock code will be at the bottom in red. Copy it, write it down or save it.

STEP 2:
    Download, unzip and open the Honor 6 Multi Tool folder.

Extract the file SuperSU.zip from the 'Tools' folder and put it on your phone's SD Card.

Make sure you have the phone drivers installed on your computer (if you have connected thru USB before, or installed the HiSuite, you should be fine)

STEP 3:

On your phone, enable developer mode. (Go to Setting>About Phone>Click on Build Number 8 times.) Then go to settings>Developer Options and enable USB Debugging.

STEP 4:

Power off your phone and now press Volume Down and connect USB to computer (while pressing volume down) to enter Fastboot mode:

L3x0i8hl.jpg

STEP 5:

On your computer, run the Multi-Tool.

sDcl8OXl.png

Choose 1 - Unlock Bootloader. Enter the code you got in step 1 and hit enter. Your device will now be unlocked.

If it says 'waiting for device' then disconnect and reconnect in fastboot mode - volume down then connect USB - the multi-tool should now complete its process.

Now go to Step two in the Multi Tool. - Install CWM. (option 1). This will take a few minutes.

hTaIG2pl.png

Now restart phone - you can boot into CWM by pressing Volume Up+ Power and choose to save a backup of your phone system and data before it is rooted. Might come in handy later. This will take some time.

Mficj24l.jpg

Reboot into fastboot and this time choose root (option 3) on the multi tool.

If your phone is stuck in fastboot at any time don't panic! Press Volume up + Volume Down + Power all at the same time and your phone will reboot.

STEP 6:

You can now boot into CWM on your phone (Volume Up+Power) and go to 'Install Zip from SD Card' option and choose the SuperSU.zip from your SD card and install it. Select reboot. The phone may ask "Root may be lost! Restore root Now?" Select 'No'.

Restart the phone and if you have the SuperSU app on your homescreen you are now rooted. Go to playstore and update SuperSU (if required)

Aaaaaand you're done!!!

HAVE FUN!!!

NOTE: You can always go back to stock recovery by using the Multi tool again. The Multi Tool now includes a stock recovery for the H60-L04 as well.
    Hi everyone.

Today is the day I got my hands on a Honor 6 H60-L04. Today is also the day I tried to port EMUI 3.0 on it, and the day I succeeded. I had to find a workaround and a small trick using stock updater to do so, but it's 100% working as far as I know.

REQUIREMENTS:
    -Unlocked bootloader. Because we'll use fastboot a lot here.
    -A Honor 6 L04.
    -fastboot command installed on your computer. Not going to explain it here, it's pretty easy to find by yourself.

THE METHOD:
    It's pretty easy to understand. I discovered by trying that EMUI 2.3 factory images from L01 worked perfectly on L04, so I thought, why not use this as a base?

-Download EMUI 2.3 images for L01 here: https://mega.co.nz/#!Mk0VhI6K!V2su7wLGl8shiwxROOQnJ-t67S1DPL2vlTWuW3EeBsw
    -Put your L04 in fastboot mode (turn it off, then hold volume down key and connect to computer)
    -Use the following fastboot commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash boot (path to BOOT.img)
    fastboot flash cache (path to CACHE.img)
    fastboot flash cust (path to CUST.img)
    fastboot flash recovery (path to RECOVERY.img)
    fastboot flash userdata (path to USERDATA.img)
    fastboot flash system (path to SYSTEM.img)
    fastboot reboot

Please also remember to disconnect and reconnect your phone to computer between each command. It refused to flash the next command everytime if I didn't disconnect it before.

-Configure your phone so that it's usable. This may not be required, but I did it for safety purposes.

So, now we're going to enter the interesting part: EMUI 3.0 installation.

-Download EMUI 3.0 official update for L01 from Huawei here: http://www.emui.com/nsp/geturl.php?path=H60-L01_EMUI3.0_Android4.4_V100R001CHNC00B307.zip&rid=786
    -Unzip the downloaded file. You'll get a folder called "dload".
    -Plug your phone to computer (MTP mode is preferred) and transfer the dload folder to the root of your INTERNAL memory (not the external SD card).
    -Go to Settings > Update, and choose "Local update"
    -Agree to update your phone. It'll reboot.
    -After a while, your phone will say that update failed. Sad, isn't it?
    -Hit power key to shut it off, then reboot it.

And then you'll see that you are on EMUI 3.0. But it's not over yet. It should be okay by now, but as phone said, update failed. To get on the safe side, we'll make a proper fastboot installation.

-Download EMUI 3.0 images for L01 here: https://mega.co.nz/#!V003WQSA!JmEoL2bMQwVeDRlJJueWBX3haXYzo5aK8XeCUq7XLww
    -Put your L04 in fastboot mode (turn it off, then hold volume down key and connect to computer)
    -Use the following fastboot commands:

Code:
    fastboot flash cache (path to CACHE.img)
    fastboot flash cust (path to CUST.img)
    fastboot flash recovery (path to RECOVERY.img)
    fastboot flash userdata (path to USERDATA.img)
    fastboot flash system (path to SYSTEM.img)
    fastboot reboot

Please also remember to disconnect and reconnect your phone to computer between each command. It refused to flash the next command everytime if I didn't disconnect it before.

Your phone will now be rebooted on EMUI 3.0 fully functionnal. It'll show "H60-L01" in Settings > About, this is 100% normal. It doesn't prevent your device from being 100% functional.

If you experience problems with the icons being ugly, just go to the Themes app and apply stock theme (in the 4th tab of the app). It'll be fixed. You can now flash a custom recovery and install gapps and SuperSU.

EDIT: if you have an Android logo as bootanimation, it means your bootanimation.zip is missing. To fix this, just download ES Explorer from Play Store. Then, copy /cust/channel/cn/media/bootanimation.zip to /system/media/bootanimation.zip and reboot. It'll fix this issue.

EDIT 2: if your internal memory seems to have shrinked, you will have to reformat it in CWM recovery. Go to "Mounts and storage", then "Format /data and /data/share (/sdcard). It'll be fixed.
    IMPORTANT LINKS

NEW: MARSHMALLOW FILES!

1. Update MARSHMALLOW Android 6.0 from B822 to B831 for the H60-L04 courtesy @panamera2011

2. Stock ROMS Latest for H60-L04 is B822

3. Cyanogen Mod ROM for Huawei Honor 6 by Codeworkx

4. Honor 6 Multi Tool by @VirusPlus (For Unlocking and Relocking Bootloader, Rooting, Unrooting, changing Stock Recovery to TWRP recovery and back to stock recovery)

5. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow Recovery.img

6. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow BOOT.img

7. Honor 6 H60-L04 B822 Marshmallow FASTBOOT.img

HONOR 6 ACCESSORIES

1. Honor 6 Touchplus Smart Film - Get Hardware Navigation Buttons on your Honor 6 just by installing a new screenguard!

2. Original Honor 6 earphones
    Hide notification bar with out root

Courtesy Abinash Jeevan of ‎Huawei Honor 6 Users India
    FB forum:-
    1. Download "Activity Launcher" from Playstore.
    2. Launch the app after installing.
    Tap on the the words "Recent Activities" right on the top of the screen, and select "All activities"
    3. Scroll down the list to "Settings" and open it.
    Again, scroll until you get to the "Navigation bar"
    4. A nice UI will open in which you can set the option to hide the navigation bar.