Lenovo Z90-7 (VIBE SHOT) - International (ROW) ROM, multilanguage, GAPPS

Search This thread

bandario

Feb 1, 2011
Victoria
Ok dude thx for explaining
Now would you guide me on how to convert to 1625 from s363
As the thread have now dozen roms and a lot of instructions and ofcourse i donot want to brick my phone

Sent from my VIBEShot

I 2nd this; I've flashed custom roms and recoveries on a dozen handsets before...I'm sure I will find my way through successfully but this thread has become quite messy.

Normally I wouldn't stress but it seems there is a higher than normal risk of bricking this handset if you don't do things in the correct order - from a specific rom to another etc. We have multiple builds with different modems/ languages/ versions for each one and only one thread to keep track of them all.

If and when I am successful in flashing latest, rooted China rom I will create a new thread with links to drivers used, and a step-by-step to flash and get set up with G-Apps etc but my partner is travelling with the device at this time so this could take a couple of weeks for me.

VitehH2

Aug 25, 2016
I 2nd this; I've flashed custom roms and recoveries on a dozen handsets before...I'm sure I will find my way through successfully but this thread has become quite messy.

Normally I wouldn't stress but it seems there is a higher than normal risk of bricking this handset if you don't do things in the correct order - from a specific rom to another etc. We have multiple builds with different modems/ languages/ versions for each one and only one thread to keep track of them all.

If and when I am successful in flashing latest, rooted China rom I will create a new thread with links to drivers used, and a step-by-step to flash and get set up with G-Apps etc but my partner is travelling with the device at this time so this could take a couple of weeks for me.

I certainly agree that this thread has gone a long way, but I've flashed back and forth between different versions without bricking a single time. The only thing I've done is follow some rules I read here according to other users' experience:

Update S208 to S240 = brick
Update S240 to S363 = brick
Flash any chinese MM (1621 or 1625) to any non-chinese lollipop = brick

All this below is from my own experience:

Flash chinese rom (factory default lollipop 5.0.2) to S118 = safe
Update S118 to S208 = safe
Flash S208 to S240 = safe
Flash S240 to S118 = safe
Flash S240 to S363 = safe
Flash S363 to S118 = safe
Flash S363 to chinese 1621 = safe
Update chinese 1621 to 1625 = safe
Flash S363 to 1625 = safe
Flash S208 to 1625 = safe
Flash 1625 to S074 (chinese lollipop 5.0.2) = safe
Flash S074 (chinese lollipop 5.0.2) to any = safe

Just in case, before any flash, I always run the bcdedit commands in cmd.exe, and flash in QFIL, I only use miflash when I need to flash from chinese 1625 to chinese S074 (when I return from chinese MM to international lollipop you have to go first to S074 and then you can flash to international)

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
I certainly agree that this thread has gone a long way, but I've flashed back and forth between different versions without bricking a single time. The only thing I've done is follow some rules I read here according to other users' experience:

Update S208 to S240 = brick
Update S240 to S363 = brick
Flash any chinese MM (1621 or 1625) to any non-chinese lollipop = brick

All this below is from my own experience:

Flash chinese rom (factory default lollipop 5.0.2) to S118 = safe
Update S118 to S208 = safe
Flash S208 to S240 = safe
Flash S240 to S118 = safe
Flash S240 to S363 = safe
Flash S363 to S118 = safe
Flash S363 to chinese 1621 = safe
Update chinese 1621 to 1625 = safe
Flash S363 to 1625 = safe
Flash S208 to 1625 = safe
Flash 1625 to S074 (chinese lollipop 5.0.2) = safe
Flash S074 (chinese lollipop 5.0.2) to any = safe

Just in case, before any flash, I always run the bcdedit commands in cmd.exe, and flash in QFIL, I only use miflash when I need to flash from chinese 1625 to chinese S074 (when I return from chinese MM to international lollipop you have to go first to S074 and then you can flash to international)
- USR 074 is a firmware version, first rom for Vibe Shot, you always can flash to this rom if ypu brick phone or S118!!
- S118 is first INT ROW for Vibe Shot.
All rom's are Lollipop Android system.
Other rom's are 'updates' (S208,209,226,240 and S363 to MM)

S363 is first INT ROW MM rom and only.
(Rom is not created by officiall Lenovo developers - this is reason why peoples brick phone wich OTA update)

- 1621 and 1625 also MM but china versions.

Why did you flash your phone so many times ? This is the reason why you weaken battery life.

Послато са Lenovo Z90-7 уз помоћ Тапатока

stuccamelo

Mar 14, 2015
I don' t have any problems flashing (with QFIL) from s363row to 1625 cina and viceversa, also i don't have any problems updating via OTA from s240 to s363. Are you sure that s363 was not developed officially from Lenovo ? Sources? I'm just curios.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Someone can try to build a cyanogenmod rom for vibe shot? For Lenovo z2 pro there is a Cyanogemod rom and probably have same version of camera.

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
I don' t have any problems flashing (with QFIL) from s363row to 1625 cina and viceversa, also i don't have any problems updating via OTA from s240 to s363. Are you sure that s363 was not developed officially from Lenovo ? Sources? I'm just curios.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Someone can try to build a cyanogenmod rom for vibe shot? For Lenovo z2 pro there is a Cyanogemod rom and probably have same version of camera.
I bricked phone 3x when i try to update via OTA to S363. I'm not alone...

- Yes i'm surre is not officiall Lenovo!

One of my 'fried' (guy wherea i'm bought the phone) knows one guy who work in Lenovo developing team and told him that the Chinese were angry with developers for hacking into the software or something related to this phone . Well did you not to see that something is wrong with the ROM and that many people end up damaging/brick yours phones?

This rom created by developers from Russia because Lenovo did not want to throw ROW MM rom because of these things but the Russians are getting some " unofficial " right to "create" the " official " MM row rom for Vibe Shot.

stuccamelo

Mar 14, 2015
I bricked phone 3x when i try to update via OTA to S363. I'm not alone...

- Yes i'm surre is not officiall Lenovo!

One of my 'fried' (guy wherea i'm bought the phone) knows one guy who work in Lenovo developing team and told him that the Chinese were angry with developers for hacking into the software or something related to this phone . Well did you not to see that something is wrong with the ROM and that many people end up damaging/brick yours phones?

This rom created by developers from Russia because Lenovo did not want to throw ROW MM rom because of these things but the Russians are getting some " unofficial " right to "create" the " official " MM row rom for Vibe Shot.

That was interesting because we can contact unofficial developers asking if they can build a cyanogenmod rom for vibe shot. You know or you can contact someone who know that developers?

osoer4

Aug 22, 2012
I have a rom on my PC. Tomorow i will see to upload or post link for download.
This rom is 1621 non-root only play store and chrome you have in rom.
After flashing you will receive OTA to newest and last rom 1625. This is rom i'm using now.

I don't remember if i flash wich MiFlash or QFIL. I see tomorow when i turn on pc.

QFIL is better for flashing, MiFlash is much, much faster but for me MiFlash also works great.

Hi, can you send a link to this rom?
I would like a official 1625 on my phone with QFIL, but I don´t find a link.
It´s good for me, if I flash first the 1621 ROM and then came the 1625... Does 1625 come with automatic update?

VitehH2

Aug 25, 2016
- USR 074 is a firmware version, first rom for Vibe Shot, you always can flash to this rom if ypu brick phone or S118!!
- S118 is first INT ROW for Vibe Shot.
All rom's are Lollipop Android system.
Other rom's are 'updates' (S208,209,226,240 and S363 to MM)

S363 is first INT ROW MM rom and only.
(Rom is not created by officiall Lenovo developers - this is reason why peoples brick phone wich OTA update)

- 1621 and 1625 also MM but china versions.

Why did you flash your phone so many times ? This is the reason why you weaken battery life.

I was trying to find a ROM that worked as I wanted to. As I told you, I want a version that behaves as I tell it to (not connecting to wifi or data when I don't want to, doesn't have any issues, is responsive, and over all, good battery life.

S118-S208 worked flawlessly
S240 posed the risk of updating to S363 and bricking the phone
S363 had the backlit button issue

I tested several S363 in hopes to find one that had no backlit button issue, with no luck. Then you told me about 1621-1625 and decided to test battery performance vs S208. Initially 1625 proved worse, but another test under same conditions revealed it has better life. Thats's why I flashed so many times. This doesn't have to affect battery, since it is just the OS that's changing, not any different from formatting a laptop.

iblda

Account currently disabled
Jan 4, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
@urbanboy or @VitehH2 and it had gapps but it contained a lot of buggs that made me sick of chinese ROM

Sent from my VIBEShot

me too,
* Chinese Rom made me sick:
no sychronisation of my contacts.
The weather did not know any city in France, so I had only china Weather ... give a ****!
the choice of themes only in Chinese!
and too many incomplete translation
Chinese pupops ... GRRR!
I'm currently 5.1 works really well (S240), I will stay there until an international MM version that works and does not brick my Z90

VitehH2

Aug 25, 2016
me too,
* Chinese Rom made me sick:
no sychronisation of my contacts.
The weather did not know any city in France, so I had only china Weather ... give a ****!
the choice of themes only in Chinese!
and too many incomplete translation
Chinese pupops ... GRRR!
I'm currently 5.1 works really well (S240), I will stay there until an international MM version that works and does not brick my Z90

I read you, but at the moment, I haven't had any issues with anything, except the weather widget, which you can install any 3rd party app. I personally don't like it since widgets drain a lot of battery. Speaking of which, how does your battery behave in S240?, and doesn't it try to OTA to S363?

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

@urbanboy or @VitehH2 and it had gapps but it contained a lot of buggs that made me sick of chinese ROM

Sent from my VIBEShot

What kind of bugs?

iblda

Account currently disabled
Jan 4, 2008
GB
meettomy.site
I read you, but at the moment, I haven't had any issues with anything, except the weather widget, which you can install any 3rd party app. I personally don't like it since widgets drain a lot of battery. Speaking of which, how does your battery behave in S240?, and doesn't it try to OTA to S363?

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

What kind of bugs?

Battery holds the day without problem, with messages, games, internet, facebook ..
Battery has already held two days without calls or connections facebook or games
MM ota update: brick
I have not managed to flash to MM with miflash and QFIL. but when I read the comments I prefer to stay on 5.1.

tassos_chry

May 26, 2013
@urbanboymne

How can i update from this
14172089_10210149734360650_1837377038_n.jpg

to this
http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160825%2Fb8dd9ffd83f2d886adf15cf2b8cc6f7b.jpg

to avoid bricking the phone?'

Is this truly the best ROM for Vibe Shot?

Last edited:

VitehH2

Aug 25, 2016
Battery holds the day without problem, with messages, games, internet, facebook ..
Battery has already held two days without calls or connections facebook or games
MM ota update: brick
I have not managed to flash to MM with miflash and QFIL. but when I read the comments I prefer to stay on 5.1.

But S240 tries to update OTA, and I found no option to disable, it just sits there, and I'm afraid it will upgrade on itself.

urbanboymne

Apr 20, 2015
Podgorica
Hi, can you send a link to this rom?
I would like a official 1625 on my phone with QFIL, but I don´t find a link.
It´s good for me, if I flash first the 1621 ROM and then came the 1625... Does 1625 come with automatic update?
Yes. I recommend first 1621 and then OTA update FULL PACKAGE (not only update of 46mb, dosent work, stop at 24% always, only FULL ROM you can download) in Update settings.

Afther that just install all google app via google installer app, and then download all google apps from apk mirror site who donsent work propertly on phone and install again like normal app...

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

can you please put here the link of lastest android ROM (MarchMallow) ,( ia m using MiFlash )
Needrom guy wich name "okencjusz" put all roms. Find in search

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I updated mine to 1625, but I can't save contacts to Google account anymore. Only options are Phone, SIM1 and SIM2. How can I fix this?
Download google apps again and install like normal apk.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I was trying to find a ROM that worked as I wanted to. As I told you, I want a version that behaves as I tell it to (not connecting to wifi or data when I don't want to, doesn't have any issues, is responsive, and over all, good battery life.

S118-S208 worked flawlessly
S240 posed the risk of updating to S363 and bricking the phone
S363 had the backlit button issue

I tested several S363 in hopes to find one that had no backlit button issue, with no luck. Then you told me about 1621-1625 and decided to test battery performance vs S208. Initially 1625 proved worse, but another test under same conditions revealed it has better life. Thats's why I flashed so many times. This doesn't have to affect battery, since it is just the OS that's changing, not any different from formatting a laptop.
1625 is always in sync mode, S208 is not. This is the reason why battery drain fast, but 1625 is faster, better, is newest and have a options for turning off sync.

For me is all turned off. I manually sync if i wont. Is row rom you have a settings widget for this.

For battery is betger than on 226 amd 240, 20,30%

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

@urbanboymne

How can i update from this
14172089_10210149734360650_1837377038_n.jpg

to this
http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20160825%2Fb8dd9ffd83f2d886adf15cf2b8cc6f7b.jpg

to avoid bricking the phone?'

Is this truly the best ROM for Vibe Shot?
For me yes if you using rooted rom...

You need first flash to 5.1.1 china rom, and than to MM 6.0.1

I dont reccomended to flash from 5.0.2 to 6.0.1 or on your own risks.

Find some 5.1.1 china rom, i will see tomorrow what rom is LP 5.1.1

VitehH2

Aug 25, 2016
Yes. I recommend first 1621 and then OTA update FULL PACKAGE (not only update of 46mb, dosent work, stop at 24% always, only FULL ROM you can download) in Update settings.

Afther that just install all google app via google installer app, and then download all google apps from apk mirror site who donsent work propertly on phone and install again like normal app...

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Needrom guy wich name "okencjusz" put all roms. Find in search

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Download google apps again and install like normal apk.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

1625 is always in sync mode, S208 is not. This is the reason why battery drain fast, but 1625 is faster, better, is newest and have a options for turning off sync.

For me is all turned off. I manually sync if i wont. Is row rom you have a settings widget for this.

For battery is betger than on 226 amd 240, 20,30%

I think that the 20-30% is when the phone is in idle, where doze (an actual feature of android MM) kicks in.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Date: 2015.07.01
    Bootloader: unlock method unknown
    Custom recovery: none

International (ROW) firmware: Z90a40_USR_S118_1505272046_Q2020131.4_ROW_qpst
    Update: Z90a40_USR_S208_1507141216_Q2020131.4_ROW_OTAFull
    Credits to:
    http://club.lenovo.com.cn/lefen/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=223254&extra=page%3D1
    http://club.lenovo.com.cn/thread-888477-1-1.html

I've tested it - it works. Multilanguage (look at screenshot - not all languages), GAPPS, no chinese bloatware. NO ROOT.

SD card must be removed during flashing!

Flashing procedure:

1. Download:
    - Miflash: Miflash_140509.zip
    - firmware version S118: Z90a40_USR_S118_1505272046_Q2020131.4_ROW_qpst.7z
    - update to version S208: Z90a40_USR_S208_1507141216_Q2020131.4_ROW_OTAFull.zip

Link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8CarqWdS9gZfmthcGxKQ2R3YUZCMWhjMWRVTFJZTFJ5dEFsVE51R1M1M3R4em5jTHVDeFU&usp=sharing

2. Disable driver signature enforcement:
    Windows 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
    Windows 7: http://www.sabrent.com/support/knowledgebase.php?article=14

3. Install Miflash program.

4. Flash new ROM:
    - unzip downloaded file with the firmware
    - turn off the phone
    - hit VOL + and plug USB cable (phone will vibrate once)
    - in Device Manager (Control Panel) new COM port should appear: Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
    - run Miflash, you should see appropriate COM port
    - browse folder with downloaded firmware
    - click 'flash' and wait (about 180s)
    - disconnect USB cable, hit POWER key for about 10s (phone will vibrate)
    - phone will restart and load new system. It takes some time - and if it hangs, please hit POWER again for 10s, it will reboot again and it should proceed

5. Update to version S208:
    - download file Z90a40_USR_S208_1507141216_Q2020131.4_ROW_OTAFull.zip, rename it to 'update.zip'
    - copy to phone memory or SD card
    - reboot to recovery (turn off the phone, hit vol +- and hit power)
    - install update package (it will take some time), reboot (first start will take few minutes)

6. (Optional) Reflash or return to chinese version:
    - in ROW version it is impossible to enter download mode with VOL+ and plug USB cable - you can do this only with ADB command
    - turn on the phone, let the system start
    - plug USB cable, make sure ADB Debugging is ON
    - execute ADB command: 'adb reboot edl'
    - phone will restart in download mode
    - now you can run Miflash

:)
    @bjorni @ivass

Here is the guide. REMOVE MICRO SD CARD AND SIM CARDS! Before flashing i advise you to backup EFS! I wrote few post back how to do that.

1. Disable driver enforcement by running the following commands in cmd.exe
    bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON
    then reboot the machine
    if you are on windows 7 than u can do this and when machine si rebooting pres F8 and choose disable driver signature something like that.

2. Enable developer options by pressing build number fast 5 times in settings - about
    Than enable USB DEBUGGING

3. Install Lenovo driver 1.1.13, qualcomm driver and newest QPST: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCXnezrYPPdZGM2RGlEcHJZOGc

4. Install adb from here https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

5. Now plug in phone to computer, it will ask to authorize computer, than in cmd type adb devices to identify your phone, or you can go direct adb reboot edl. Now your phone is in 9008 port for flashing.

6. Open QPST - QFIL

7. Unpack rom to root of C drive and name it something short for example 363 or 1625

8. In QFIL choose PORT 9008 if it is not chosen already, than FLAT BUILD, than for programmer path choose prog_emmc_firehose_8936.mbn from rom folder, than load xml and choose rawprogram and patch xml it will go automaticaly you will see. Here is the youtube video for instructions with qfil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wj39e1Ss0o

9. click DOWNLOAD and wait. When it is finished unplug phone and hold long power button for restart and enjoy.

Download link for 363: https://mega.nz/#!jIZjBToK!oZ96t3ju4EoI0W16AX2kft2bd22_M3WOqUvpkg5UYJM

Download link for 1625: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5n...JnSm1kTjg/view

Download link for unlocked and cleaned 1625: https://yadi.sk/d/d3fGrACW337yhr

Unlocked 1625 is missing theme center which i can upload and google calendar sync i will upload also. For TWRP installing i will write another post, its quite easy i wrote before.
    Ok this is my impression about this roms.

I testet CM 13, CM 14.1, Miui, RessurectionRemix
    FlymeOS i was unable to flash (problem is chinese non-hlos)

ALL ROM FLASHABLE ONLY FROM CHINESE TWRP (chinese twrp is much stable than Russian)

CM 13 (Android 6.0.1) - ROM is ok, work good without any major bugs but rom only have two laguages ENG nad CH. Gapps not included. Xposed 85,86 work normal, afther flashing rom you need go back in TWRP and flash SuperSu. You can donwload SuperSU or flash integratet SuperSU in TWRP. Also Gapps you can download and flash or just install Google apps you need for corect work and install like normal app.
    I recommended to download Link2SD app open app and give 'SuperSU premmission' and go back on 'home button' - this is how app to stay in recent app, WHY? Because afther flashing GAPPS on some roms 'google setup wizard' dosent work corectly and you will be stack in SETUP (for me wirelles dosent wont to start and i can go forward to set Google accoun) Now you can press left button and open last recent apps and in Link2SD disable 'setup wizard' - I recommend this for all chinese rom!

CM 14.1 (Android 7.1.1) - Before flashing you need to wipe 'dalvik/chache-chache-data-system. Now you will be able to flash new Android system.
    - Rom have two bugs 1. browser is buggy 2. MISSED IMEI (some peoples says they dosent lost IMEI) I try 3x times to flash, reflash always i lost IMEI.
    I try to recover IMEI vich some tools but unsucesfull and than give up and back to MM.
    - Rom is fast, everithing work great and is multilanguage. Xposed work, SuperSU and battery in better than on Lenovo stock roms.
    If you can recover IMEI and you like CM rom (close to Nexus) i recommend this rom.
    Bloatware - NO .
    Boot time is aboud 1-2 minutes :)

MIUI8 (Androdi 6.0.1) - This rom works fantastic but you must be carefully. On this wersion 6.12.13 Xposed dosent work. I try flash v65,86 and 87 and MIUI edition (downloaded wich this rom)
    - SuperSU is integrated in system in Security app and you can flash another SuperSU if you want - come wich rom.
    - For changing system apps you can delete only chinese apps (Use Link2SD app - RootExplorer dosent work only tou can go in TWRP mount system and than go in File Manager in TWRP and delete apps) wich named in chinese, not apps like ''miui wallet, miui video, miui pay and similar''
    Boot time for rom is about 15-20 min.
    Good news is you can flash this rom afther 1621,1625 nd S363 like OTA-in TWRP not in System update. Dont need to wipe anything! You dont lost anything of data and apps only Play Store but you just need to dowlnoad PlayStore app from web and instal. Also download last GooglePlay Services and update. If some apps dosent wont to opet just reinstal app.
    Battery on this rom is fantastic. Mabey i notice is 'ram management' - mabey on VibeUI is better but i'm not sure...
    Bloaware - some chinese apps like Baidu, and similar...
    Now i'm using this rom.

ResurrectionRemix (Android 6.0.1) - For flash this rom you need to wipe all (dalvick cache,cache, data, system)
    - This rom is AWESOME! Is close to Nexus or CM but is better, much better!
    - Rom works fantastic. Battery is great, but i only 1,2h have for test.
    - Rom is multilanguage (all languages) and rom is STABLE!
    - Is full of customization and you can change almost everithng! Almost you dont need Xposed. You have integratet in system some Xposed modules like ''boot start apps'' and stuff like that... Themes is like for CM, same theme engine.
    Gapps is not included but you can go back in recovery and flash or just install like normal app, apps you need.
    Bloatware NO - is clean and rom is FAST, almost to fast :) Unforunatelly i forgot to test Benchmark test.
    - SuperSU also work and when you flash in TWRP you will se SuperSU options in 'Settings'' (I DONT SEE THIS FEATURE ON ANY ROM)
    This is most stable rom i ever tested/flash on this phone.
    - All apps works great vithout any bugs.

If you like stock android but you want customization features this rom is for you. Personally, I am seriously considering to take it to the this ROM.

Unfortunately I do not have 4G SIM card, so I could not test network. :(

I hope i help some of you for choose stable or rom you like for your VibeShot.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Links:
    cm 14.1 two version
    https://yadi.sk/d/JrU19eCG33mKv6
    https://yadi.sk/d/tOiFOkNuyokhw
    CM 13
    https://yadi.sk/d/FlY8LPCnyB22p
    Mokee 7.1.1
    https://download.mokeedev.com/?device=zoom
    Miui8 6.12.13
    https://yadi.sk/d/_6M02nC533jxPn
    ResurrectionRemix
    https://yadi.sk/d/ZeIPzL3P33mDhw
    FlymeOS
    https://yadi.sk/d/VDLriZWv33mKQv
    Ok. This is the ultimate guide to unbrick any lenovo vibe shot (because I have bricked and unbricked it numerous times)

Option 1:
    If you have bricked with chinese rom than its easy> go to recovery> navigate to power off> plug usb cable and press volume +> your phone should be in qualcomm 9008 mode. Use qfil or miflash.

Option 2:
    you have bricked your phone from row rom , than you will have qualcomm 9006 mode.

To enter in 9008 you will have to do it like this:
    Step 1: Open miflash (download s074 rom and unpack it) as if you are about to flash it

Step 2: go to recovery and navigate to power off

Step 3: start hitting power button like crazy (like 3-5 times a second) and if lucky you will hear sound before the lenovo sign appear. You will have 10 seconds before phone restarts
    (If the device manager is open you will see 9008 mode)

Step 4: Switch immeditely to miflash press f5 (refresh) and you will se com_1-10.
    Then press flash and voila you are about to flash new rom

Option 3:
    use LENOVO SMART ASSIST from official site, navigate to repair (model z90a40, hw code 10) you will be offered to download s363 rom, download it and before flash, you will have to repeat steps in option 1 or 2 to enter 9008 mode, and the flashing will begin immeditely.

Option 4: via fastboot you can enter in 9008 mode on some models if you type
    fastboot reboot-edl
    Option 5:
    If yiur phone is fully bricked (won't turn on, no lenovo logo, no vibration, device manager sees it as usb_bulk or something) than you need to open it and use TEST POINTS (see post 944)

Ps. I RECOMMEND S074 ROM AS INITIAL rom for unbricking, because after you flash it you could always enter 9008 mode with ease, just by pressing volume + and power.

Good luck to you all[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji27] [emoji27] [emoji27]
    Problem SOLVED.
    After a short research I have:
    1. unplugged battery, and connected mainboard to PC with USB cable,
    2. Short for few secs. GREEN jumper called HS_9008 (CPU powered without FLASH IC),
    3. Using MiFlash started flashing S118 STOCK ROM (brake point after loading image into RAM),
    4. Enabled 9006 mode using YELLOW jumper (init of PSU driver start and power up rest of HW)
    5. Again started flashing the same ROM with MiFlash (previous attemp timed out - it's ok)
    6. Unplugged USB cable, connected battery, and watching UART's output (115200,8,N,1).

z90_repair_emmc.jpg

Format: Log Type - Time(microsec) - Message - Optional Info
    Log Type: B - Since Boot(Power On Reset), D - Delta, S - Statistic
    S - QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=BOOT.BF.3.0.C8-00006
    S - IMAGE_VARIANT_STRING=SAAAANAAA
    S - OEM_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=nj-bs6
    S - Boot Config, 0x000000e1
    S - Core 0 Frequency, 0 MHz
    B - 1587 - PBL, Start
    B - 3619 - bootable_media_detect_entry, Start
    B - 126484 - bootable_media_detect_success, Start
    B - 126490 - elf_loader_entry, Start
    B - 127507 - auth_hash_seg_entry, Start
    B - 127746 - auth_hash_seg_exit, Start
    B - 146537 - elf_segs_hash_verify_entry, Start
    B - 227142 - PBL, End
    B - 233111 - SBL1, Start
    B - 296551 - pm_device_init, Start
    B - 296673 - row samsung 3+32 detected
    B - 300730 - row_pm_ddr_ncp_buck_set_voltage
    D - 14731 - pm_device_init, Delta
    B - 319548 - boot_flash_init, Start
    D - 30 - boot_flash_init, Delta
    B - 323574 - boot_config_data_table_init, Start
    D - 12261 - boot_config_data_table_init, Delta - (0 Bytes)
    B - 340380 - CDT version:3,Platform ID:8,Major ID:0,Minor ID:0,Subtype:1
    B - 346175 - sbl1_ddr_set_params, Start
    B - 350841 - cpr_init, Start
    D - 4392 - cpr_init, Delta
    B - 357307 - Pre_DDR_clock_init, Start
    D - 244 - Pre_DDR_clock_init, Delta
    D - 0 - sbl1_ddr_set_params, Delta
    B - 368958 - pm_driver_init, Start
    D - 6801 - pm_driver_init, Delta
    B - 385489 - clock_init, Start
    D - 122 - clock_init, Delta
    B - 395707 - Image Load, Start
    D - 21136 - QSEE Image Loaded, Delta - (483616 Bytes)
    B - 416874 - Image Load, Start
    D - 427 - SEC Image Loaded, Delta - (2048 Bytes)
    B - 424011 - sbl1_efs_handle_cookies, Start
    D - 396 - sbl1_efs_handle_cookies, Delta
    B - 431849 - Image Load, Start
    D - 11804 - QHEE Image Loaded, Delta - (68336 Bytes)
    B - 443683 - Image Load, Start
    D - 12780 - RPM Image Loaded, Delta - (154860 Bytes)
    B - 456493 - Image Load, Start
    D - 20008 - APPSBL Image Loaded, Delta - (483532 Bytes)
    B - 476593 - QSEE Execution, Start
    D - 61 - QSEE Execution, Delta
    B - 482296 - SBL1, End
    D - 251473 - SBL1, Delta
    S - Flash Throughput, 104000 KB/s (1195708 Bytes, 11407 us)
    S - DDR Frequency, 796 MHz
    Android Bootloader - UART_DM Initialized!!!
    check_lcd_id status_up = 0,status_down = 0
    MSENSOR_i2c_read addr 0x1 data0x5
    [1460] QUP: I2C status flags :0xc1343c8
    [1460] QUP: I2C status flags :0xc1343c8
    [1470] QUP: I2C status flags :0xc1343c8
    [1470] QUP: I2C status flags :0xc1343c8
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x18 max77819_i2c_read data 0x8c
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0xe max77819_i2c_read data 0xc2
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x2 max77819_i2c_read data 0xc3
    [1700] battery voltage is 3900 ocv is 3880,therhold is 1000
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x34 max77819_i2c_read data 0x62
    [1710] charging status = 0x62
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x37 max77819_i2c_read data 0x5c
    [1720] current 0x37 register = 0x5c
    [1730] charging status = 0x62
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x2 max77819_i2c_read data 0xc3
    [1730] battery voltage is 3900 mv
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x40 max77819_i2c_read data 0x80
    [1740] charger 0x40 = 0x80
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x99 max77819_i2c_read data 0xef
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x98 max77819_i2c_read data 0xf2
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x9b max77819_i2c_read data 0x80
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x99 max77819_i2c_read data 0x0
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x98 max77819_i2c_read data 0xf2
    [1780] Not able to search the panel:

panel_id = OTM1902C_1080P_CMD_PANEL
    max77819_i2c_read addr 0x9b max77819_i2c_read data 0x80
    [2370] KEY_VOLUMEDOWN pressed
    [2740] image_decrypt_signature2
    [5610] fdt end:0x21e308be rkm shadow buf base:0x21e31000 lk ptr:0x21e32000 log_buf ptr:0x21e34000
    [5620] rkm_init_lk_log_buf: current_lk_log_addr=0x8f6687c4, len=0x4096
    [5750] rkm find kernel log buf header at 0x21189000
    [5760] rkm backup kernel log buf from 0x2120e6c0 to 0x21e34000,len=524288
    [6050] rkm_log:lk buf size=4096, kernel buf size=524288
    --Uart Ready--
    NO SN, Please write