Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Optimus VU 2 ( F200S / F200K / F200 L) - discussion, root, recovery, ROMs,

Tip us?

farhan.ahmed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default .dll files

someone please post .dll file for F200S.....
I have .tot file but I could not find find .dll anywhere

Shan_77
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unofficial CM 11 for LG-F200L

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkhtwshn View Post
There is no CM AOSP development going on, but we can add Xposed modules
I found an unofficial CM 11 rom based on android 4.4.4 for LG-F200L. Using it for a couple of days, untill now running flawlessly. Visit this site lgviet.com/forum/threads/rom-cm-4-4-4-cho-lg-vu-2-f200-s-l-k.24467/

farhan.ahmed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default .dll files

waiting........

.dll file for F200S....

Jerryfan
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thumbs up hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkhtwshn View Post
Well there is not much.
You have root and install recovery for 4.1.2 (downgrade if you are on 4.4.2) then install the zip that has root and recovery
Here is the link
If you are not interested in recovery thanks to geohot there is an tethered root called towelroot and just click the lyambda ICON.
To activate the root just
open the app
make it ra1n
download superuser from any market
use rooted application (grant root premission)
after reboot root will be gone so you will make it rain again
Xposed and other root applications are working flawelessy
first thanks for your reply ! i already try the towelroot but it still not work , and i dont know how to downgrade please help me ! and i try alot of tool but it still not work for me please help ! Thanks !

ulicis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Towel root works for me. I download after donate him. I am at r.4.2 now thanks for the guide here

enkhtwshn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gue94 View Post
I have a LG Optimus Vu II (F200L), which came with a weird firmware that has a lot of stuff in korean. Now I'm not sure if this is the official ROM or not. But it doesn't seem very "OFFICIAL" to me and I think it's already rooted (that's weird cause I've never seen a brand new phone which comes pre-rooted). I played around with the settings a lot, to change the language to english completely, but some of the things still come in korean. This is a pretty good phone but the weird korean stuff ruins it.

So, my question is, does the official stock firmware (for which you gave the links in the first post) have everything in english? I don't want any root or custom ROMS or anything. I just want a full english language interface.

And which method should I use for flashing? The first one seems quite simple, but will it work if I'm flashing a stock ROM over a custom rooted one?

EDIT: I tried using the first method to flash the .kdz file onto my Vu II, after connecting it to my PC in download mode, but half-way through the flashing process, it gives an error "Connection to server failed. Try again in a moment." This happened 4 times. Any suggestions?

EDIT AGAIN: Managed to flash the ROM successfully, just had to disconnect from the internet haha. But ah! Even this is partly Korean! So, I guess there is no international version of the official ROM for this phone? Oh well, time to get rid of it.
Yes this is the STOCK firmware. This phone is only korean branding so you will get a lot of korean stuff. You can delete some of that stuff by using Titanium backup which need root

attamills2003
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Phone Help root the LG VU2 android 4.4.2

Well i want to use the LG VU2 running android 4.4.2....I do not want to downgrade. Has anybody rooted the LG VU2 running 4.4.2?

The Following User Says Thank You to attamills2003 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
f200, kdz to .tot, optimus, root vu 2