With help from @enkhtwshn, I upgraded my wife's F200L to 4.4.2. This is not a stock ROM (1.1 GB), but seems to work fine so far.
Now, it is for my wife to do extensive testing and share feedback.
The major advantages are:
1. No need to reboot to change from "automatic" to "WCDMA" and vice-versa. This was a pain in the earlier 4.1.2 ROM.
2. In 4.1.2, when ISP Internet connectivity has a problem, switching off WiFi and using mobile data would not work. A reboot was required for data connectivity via mobile data. This does not seem to be a problem any more.
3. Plenty of options to customize. There is support for XPOSED, but I have not downloaded it from the provided app.
4. Possible to root with towelroot, but I have not tried so far.
The observations so far indicate that this ROM is quite heavy on the resources. There is a slight lag when switching between tasks.
There are many apps in there which we do not need. The free space is just over 7 GB.
I need to root, then download Titanium Backup and try and get rid of some of those.
Before starting please download the attachment
1)Have to put the exe and kdz rom in same folder and execute the program, it shows a cmd window asking which kdz to convert. Type number and tap enter.
2)Then it does the extraction of kdz, cab and wdb, merge bin files and clean up. At the end it ask for patch bin file with CWM.(Do not flash CWM it is for P970 which is not VU 2 )
3)Before typing "n" copy .dll file somewhere (important)
type "n" (without quotes) and tap enter conversion has end. Have to tap any key to close cmd window.
4)You will have .TOT file in a folder(important)
After that you have a folder named as kdz with bin and fls to flash with smartflashtool.
Since there is no forum page for this "ugly" phone I opened a topic
All links are updated. If not working LET ME KNOW i will be kind to refresh it
How to flash ROM KDZ Method
First off I`d like to THANK @quangnhut123 for making a new way & easy way to flash the KDZ Method!!
For Any Reason It does not work for you here is the OLD Hard KDZ Method
1). Download all The Files Below!
1) Firmware Files
Firmwares are here
2) Download LG Drivers
3) Download LG Flash Tool 2014 tool and extract
4) Enter to Download Mode and plug USB into your PC
To enter download mode
A) Turn off your phone
B) HOLD + and - together
C) Connect to USB (do not press Power button)
5) Run LGFlashTool2014.exe and do as following pictures :
(If you cannot run LGFlashTool2014.exe, please install Visual C++ Runtime Library) - VC_RedistInstaller.exe
Normal Flash: Flash ROM without losing any data. Only use this when you need to fix system error. Beware of boot loop when flashing ROM that differ from current ROM on your phone or MOD ROM.
CSE Flash: Choose this option when you need a fresh format. All data will be gone. It's suitable for upgrading or downgrading ROM or simply use this when you need to back to Stock.
No need to choose desired language, it automatically change to English as a default setting.
Wait until 100% to complete !
I´ve just found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAvl00NUqvw
May anyone give any idea about it? Thanks a lot.
|f200, kdz to .tot, optimus, root vu 2|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|