Ask a question

No registration required

Xiaocai X9 - Quad core 4.5-inch android phone

OP toffzter

8th August 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

90 posts
Hello! I saw this cheap android smartphone Xiaocai X9 and I think it is a cool phone. It has a quad core MT6589 1.2GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 4.5 inch QHD IPS-OGS screen. The full specs of the phone are here: http://www.budgetandroidphones.com/xiaocai-x9

What I like most, though, is its appearance, especially the variety of colors for the back cover:

I just hope the quality is good for this one. Please share your thoughts or experiences with this phone...
9th August 2013, 11:39 AM   |  #2  
Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 30

266 posts
Mobile phone looks good, don't know how the quality of mobile phone?
I found a problem, http://www.bicgate.com/xiaocai-x9-sm...era-black.html description of this site have some place is not the same as you wrote parameters, who write wrong?
Last edited by Lindsay02; 6th September 2013 at 11:29 AM.
9th August 2013, 12:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

90 posts
I agree it's really attractive. I think this is one of the better phones in China because it has its own unique UI. Maybe they put some efforts in the development of their phones.
21st August 2013, 11:29 AM   |  #4  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 67

212 posts
More
Got one yesterday.

Pros: great screen, small(ish), very lightweight, snappy, good fast camera, lots of ROMs on the official Chinese forums (LeWa, MIUI, etc.), price

Cons: no notification LED, no button lights, awful skinned OS

Did not have time to test in-call audio and GPS yet.
21st August 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludoo

Got one yesterday.

Pros: great screen, small(ish), very lightweight, snappy, good fast camera, lots of ROMs on the official Chinese forums (LeWa, MIUI, etc.), price

Cons: no notification LED, no button lights, awful skinned OS

Did not have time to test in-call audio and GPS yet.

Thanks for the info ludoo! I'm looking forward for the rest of your impressions. Does it have the MT6589 1.2GHz CPU or the turbo version MT6589T 1.5GHz?
21st August 2013, 10:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Milano

212 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toffzter

Thanks for the info ludoo! I'm looking forward for the rest of your impressions. Does it have the MT6589 1.2GHz CPU or the turbo version MT6589T 1.5GHz?

The 1.2Ghz version, but given the (relatively) low display resolution, it's plenty fast.

On the official Chinese forum there are already lots of ROMs for this device, and on the Chinese MIUI forum there's a semi-official MIUI ROM. I tried MIUI and the latest LeWa, and they are both pretty good. MIUI has some bugs, but they are pretty harmless and it works quite well. The LeWa too is very good.

If you can get around the missing LED and button lights, need a smallish device, and are able to try a few different ROMs, it's a pretty good phone. I paid 120 including DHL shipping from mixeshop, got it in 5 days. I don't think you can do better at that price.
22nd August 2013, 03:03 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Red face
Hey ludoo,

reading your feedback it looks like you managed to make this phone work.

I just received mine and i'm pretty dissapointed as the terrible cai os doesn't even let me enter my pincode so i can't even use my phone atm.

That's why i wanted to ask you where you found romds, flashing tool, drivers etc.... i'm pretty bad at flashing (i have windows 7) but i don't have a choice i guess.

For the rest the phone is fast indeed, good screen, way to thin cheap backcover that is making creaking noise and gives it an afwull cheap feeling compared to the faea f1 of my girlfriend. Camera is good (and better then the faea), psp emulation also fast (faster then faea's with snapdragon). Still need to test gps and calling functions...

If i manage to change the rom i guess i'll be a little happire with it so i'll be very happy if you can help!

thx,

Thierry
22nd August 2013, 05:24 PM   |  #8  
Flag Milano

212 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoornix

I just received mine and i'm pretty dissapointed as the terrible cai os

Yes, "caios" is pretty awful.

Flashing tool for official roms is SP Flash Tool, the same as for all other phones based on the same processor. There are threads here on how to use it if you need to.

Custom ROMs are flashed through recovery, and to install recovery you can either use flash tool with the attached files, or more simply root the phone (motochopper autoroot works ok), then install mtk droid tools (thread here on xda) and flash or create a new one from there.

Once you have done that, ROMs are here. You will need to register a user account, but it's pretty easy with google translate. LeWaOS is the one I prefer of the custom ROMs on that site.

CWM recovery and boot image attached below
Last edited by ludoo; 26th August 2013 at 01:57 PM.
22nd August 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
[QUOTE=ludoo;44877399]

Once you have done that, QUOTE]

Allrighty thanks for this cristal clear tutorial ludoo!

Last time i tried to flash my now meant to be replaced newman n1 and i didnt even get the drivers installed properly lol but this time i might pull it off thx to you
22nd August 2013, 05:50 PM   |  #10  
Flag Milano

212 posts
More
If you get stuck send me a PM

Sent from my W200 using Tapatalk 4

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
china phone, ogs, quad core, xiaocai, xiaocai x9
Previous Thread Next Thread