Vivo Xplay 3s

OP mixterz

31st March 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 19

148 posts
More
until we get this phone setup with a proper thread on xda, post your tips and general questions here.
i have the phone so if you want anything tested let me know.
31st March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #2  
Flag Stevenage
Thanks Meter: 46

435 posts
More
Great stuff let's hope Rayglobe comes aboard

Sent from my vivo Xplay3S using Tapatalk
31st March 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
yeah lets hope
yeah lets hope for that.
31st March 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

148 posts
More
that vivo root app doesnt work for me. it begins then i get google services crash which leads to a reboot, only for the app to finish with an X id imagine meaning unsuccessful .

edit:
turned it off charge, and it worked.

even with English some menus etc are still in Chinese . liaow are rolling the phone out now with an international rom so wonder if thats what we have which i doubt.
Last edited by mixterz; 31st March 2014 at 09:36 PM.
1st April 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
How are you guys liking the phone? Except for the fact that some of the sub menus still are in Chinese. I noticed a beta version of Fun Touch Rom 1.17.11 is up, can't read the changelog though as it's in Chinese!
I've gotten Photo+ to work, even printed out the picture to see if it worked and it did. Tried to get the navigation to work. In one of their Vivo videos, three students use the AR Navi in Finland, so I was hoping this could be used in Europe, and it probably still can only again all the submenus are in chinese. There are downloadble maps, but as far as I can tell only Chinese cities.
By the way I am Mars from Denmark on the Liaow page
Last edited by jacolbe; 1st April 2014 at 10:33 AM.
1st April 2014, 01:15 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

148 posts
More
I find that text on screen seems to break up words as it hits the edge of the screen instead of moving the entire word to a new line. Same when reading online text or in apps etc. No sub menu to change text size to fix this. Anyone know what the button under the finger print scanner is ?

1st April 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixterz

I find that text on screen seems to break up words as it hits the edge of the screen instead of moving the entire word to a new line. Same when reading online text or in apps etc. No sub menu to change text size to fix this. Anyone know what the button under the finger print scanner is ?

there is no button under the finger print scanner and I have the same problem with the words breaking up at the edge of the screen and its really frustrating and also I am having a problem locating my self using google map app do you guys know how to fix it and thanks.
1st April 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tabasco
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
Settings>Mix-Match>Font.... There you can change font size but still the same, breaking up words.

1st April 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

148 posts
More
Found that in mix match. I'd imagine its to do with the translation from Chinese. We need an international ROM. Even the manuals in the phone are Chinese which is useless The button on the back is to take pictures with on the camera. I'll have a look at my maps see if I can sort it.

1st April 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dublin

148 posts
More
OK installed Google maps and turned on GPS data and WiFi. It did nothing. Searched my network again and picked the one I'm on then it seemed to work. Not sure if it knew were I lived based on my Google now location, but when I searched a route it asked me to start from my location. Seems to be working from that end. The maps won't find my location though when clicking the location button. So maybe there's a problem there with gps

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread