Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Thumbs up Micromax Unite 2 A106 8GB ROM Repartition Guide...MT6582M.. (FOR 8 GB version only..)

OP Kiran Anto

19th July 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag irinjalakuda
Thanks Meter: 70

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi Guys,

This is my first thread here in xda-developers.. so please support and encourage...
I present to you the re-partitioning guide for micromax unite 2 a106 8 gb edition.....

Quote:

I'm Not Responsible for any damage caused by it .......i would just tell you that you should have taken all the preperations i described in my guide... if you complain me about your phone getting bricked.... coz i have tested it on my phone and my brothers phone.. atleast 5 different partition and im uploading only 2 stable ones.....

Preperations :-

1. First Take a Nandroid Backup of your existing rom....

2. Then take a Readback of your device......(skip if it is done earlier.)

3. Take IMEI/Baseband backup of your phone..

Things Required :-

1. Common Sense

2. Backup

3. Micromax Unite 2

4. SP flash Tools

5. PC

5. EBR files

6.....goes on...

Actual Steps :-

1. Download the EBR Files and scatter files from here....

2. Download SP Flash Tools..

3. Install MT6582M drivers

4. Open Sp flash tools and load up the scatter files...

5. Select EBR1 and link the ebr1 file and do the same for ebr2

6. Now click download

7. Connect your phone without battery (Switched off)

8. You should see a tick mark and success message...then disconnect your phone and boot again...

9. If it boots up properly you are good to go..or else just restore the Nandroid backup you took... and you would get a re partitioned phone..

* if the internal sd card after formatting gets mounted as read only... then go to ctr recovery and wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache and reboot the phone... everything will be alright... after all your apps get optimized
10. Hit Thanks for me...

DOWNLOADS :-

1. SP Flash Tools

2. Scatter Files

3. EBR FILES ( Phone storage - 6 GB | Internal storage - 0 GB )

4. EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 2.36 GB | Internal Sd - 3.67GB

5. EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 4.70 GB | Internal Sd - 246 MB )

5. EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 5.16 GB | Internal Sd - 821 MB )*** NEW Recommended by me..

6. EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 5.68 GB | Internal Sd - 2.17 GB )Flashable Zip... Just Flash it through CTR or CWM and clear dalvik cache
thanks to rohit for his support sorry for the trouble.... i had many complaints that this is a buggy version.. coz everytime you flash a new rom or clear cache you have the internal sd corrupted...... even i had the same problems when i used it for a few days.....

UPDATE : All these are tested by me and some xda members.... like gauravbirla,johny eros etc.......

IF IT HELPED YOU PLEASE DONATE SOMETHING... NOW THAT'S AN ENCOURAGEMENT

SCREENSHOTS

EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 2.36 GB | Internal Sd - 3.67GB screenshot by gauravbirla

EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 4.70 GB | Internal Sd - 246 MB ) screenshot by Anto Chacko

EBR FILES (Phone Storage - 5.16 GB | Internal Sd - 821 MB ) screenshot by ME (Kiran ANto)

if you want any other combination .. please feel free to ask me..
soon... im gonna upload a guide to do this... ..
HIT Thanks button if it Helped you .......

Last edited by Kiran Anto; 5th October 2014 at 12:23 PM. Reason: adding more...!!!@@@
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Kiran Anto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Flag irinjalakuda

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Dunno what.....
i repartitioned the filesystem.. i can read and write to both phone storage and internal sd,... but somehow when i set internal sd as default.. my camera cant store images into this storage....
someone please tell me some quick fixes....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiran Anto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

44 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiran Anto

Dunno what.....
i repartitioned the filesystem.. i can read and write to both phone storage and internal sd,... but somehow when i set internal sd as default.. my camera cant store images into this storage....
someone please tell me some quick fixes....

I used the first 3-3 EBR files that you posted and there is no problem with that. tried using the camera to save on internalSD. No problems faced. I have selected internalSD as default, and not facing any issues man.
And just because of you I m going to buy 2 more of the same phone for the family as that low storage was the only issue which you solved!!

BIG THANKS along with the thanks buttons pressed!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gauravbirla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag irinjalakuda

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravbirla

I used the first 3-3 EBR files that you posted and there is no problem with that. tried using the camera to save on internalSD. No problems faced. I have selected internalSD as default, and not facing any issues man.
And just because of you I m going to buy 2 more of the same phone for the family as that low storage was the only issue which you solved!!

BIG THANKS along with the thanks buttons pressed!!

Found out the problem... i had installed lenovo aosp rom on the phone and that was causing all these problems....
its not my phone its my brothers.. he has no prob with saving in sd card so no prob....
well i only have a 4 gb version... but im planning to buy a 8 gb version ......

I have updated the 3-3 partition... a new one.. you don't have to format the internal sd again and again.. the bug which you told is solved in it...
you don't have to re flash it .... if you can write files to your internal SD... but some phones couldn't write to internal SD... so i have updated that...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kiran Anto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

31 posts
How can i take backup of my existing rom step 1 ?
is that procedure is included in step 2 read back ?
22nd July 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag irinjalakuda

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mba9

How can i take backup of my existing rom step 1 ?
is that procedure is included in step 2 read back ?

you can take readback through sp flash tools...
and you can take a backup of your rom from CTR..
you can take nvram backup using MTKdroid tools...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiran Anto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #7  
Flag India
Thanks Meter: 81

327 posts
More
A screenshot would help users go with your method.

I would like to do it too, as in 2 days of usage, internal space is only 200 MB left.

and whats the procedure to revert to stock partition size ?
22nd July 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #8  
Flag Kurukshetra
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Plz provide scatter file and ebr files to make internal 5gb rest 1gb
22nd July 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag irinjalakuda

73 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitkhkh

Plz provide scatter file and ebr files to make internal 5gb rest 1gb

will look into that.... can't test it on my phone.. so someone will have to test first.....
anyway ill post it soon...

Quote:

A screenshot would help users go with your method.

I would like to do it too, as in 2 days of usage, internal space is only 200 MB left.

and whats the procedure to revert to stock partition size ?

i don't have a 8gb phone... its my brothers phone ..and my brother is not here always.. so cant take screenshots
if you want to revert back to stock partition then flash the ebr1 and ebr2 from your readback .............
you will get your 1gb 5 gb .. partition back...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiran Anto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

44 posts
More
5gb+1gb is working fine. Confirmed! Though I prefer using 3_3 as space is sufficient and I can store ctr backup also on the internal SD.

Sent from my Micromax A106 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gauravbirla For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
micromax a106 unite 2, micromax unite 2, repartition, unite-2
Previous Thread Next Thread