Lava Iris X5 Rooting Guide & General Discussion

OP The-Immortal

27th September 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

136 posts
[ Lava Iris X5 Rooting Guide & General Discussion ]

Key Features:

Lava Iris X5 is a Smart Phone Powered by 5.00-inch HD 720x1280 pixels with 245 Pixels per inch (PPI) display,Android 4.4 KitKat,8 MP Auto Focus with with BSI Sensor for low light imaging and Broadcom 1.2GHz Quad Core processor coupled with Videocore IV GPU alongside 1GB RAM.

Rooting & Unlocking:

Code:
Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs Preferably Windows-7
3. There should be at least 65% charge in your
4. Make a Backup of Your Contacts,SMS,And Whats  App data in SD Card
Code:
Downloading Required Files:

Download Lava Iris X5 Root Toolkit  Click Here To Download

Code:
Preparing Your Windows PC And Magnum X5 for  Rooting:

Extract Downloaded  Root Tool Kit to your Windows PC Desktop

Go to Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Factory data Reset in your Lava Iris X5 and Do a factory data Reset and Complete setups after  it re-boots  

Enable USB Debugging On your Device You can find this option in Settings >>Developer Option >>USB Debugging.

Enable Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources under  Settings >> Security  >> Unknown Sources  also Disable verify apps bellow Unknown Sources 

Now Connect your device via USB cable to windows PC and Start installing programs which is provided in tool kit in same order
1.) Adb Driver Installer 2) BRCM_Driver_Package 3.)For Windows x64 Bit/For Windows x32 Bit 4.)VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup
Code:
Rooting :

Open installed V-Root Program and Grant USB Debugging Authorization when a pop-up pops in your device Remember to tick always allow option.

When connection is established between V-Root  program and your device it will display your device model and Root Button in Opened V-Root Program 

If You See Green Colored Root button in V-Root Program Just click it and Wait silently with out touching your device .After some Times Your 
Device will reboot (Remember Don't Disconnect USB cable until and Unless V-Root Program show success in your PC ) 

When you see Success message in PC remove USB Cable and Reboot Your Phone

Now Your Lava Iris X5 is Rooted

If you guys have any doubt regarding This particular device please drop a comment here in this thread I will try to clear it to my best of knowledge...

Please Don't say thanks in words Simply press Thanks Button Which is more Meaning full😉

The-Immortal.
Last edited by The-Immortal; 2nd October 2014 at 02:49 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th September 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
More
Thumbs up Awesome !!!
Thanks for your heads up

This device looks gr8 in my opinion !
How is the battery life overall for mid usage ?
Also can we expect custom ROMs like cm11 for this device ?

Thanks in advance
28th September 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android0x7

Thanks for your heads up

This device looks gr8 in my opinion !
How is the battery life overall for mid usage ?
Also can we expect custom ROMs like cm11 for this device ?

Thanks in advance

Today late night I will post a guide to unbricking + stock firmware with detailed instructions

Expect custom recovery (TWRP and Philz )
Sooner

More response to threads means more development[emoji6]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #4  

7 posts
LAVA IRIS X5 Unrooting
Hlo,

Thanks , i have successfully rooted my lava x5, also please explain the unroot procedure for the same..
29th September 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohit Grover

Hlo,

Thanks , i have successfully rooted my lava x5, also please explain the unroot procedure for the same..

Instead of saying thanks simply press it there is a button 😉

Give me some time I will put custom recovery also ...
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th September 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #6  
Flag Hyderabad

12 posts
More
Question Mohit - Pls help decide
Quote:

Hlo,

Hi Mohit,

Please help me decide in buying this phone.
Just let me know how is the screen quality according to u ,
Also hw is the battery backup for mid range use.

Thanks in advance.
30th September 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #7  

7 posts
Lava iris x5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android0x7

Hi Mohit,

Please help me decide in buying this phone.
Just let me know how is the screen quality according to u ,
Also hw is the battery backup for mid range use.

Thanks in advance.

Hlo Dear,

The phone is looks good and the screen quality is also impressive ( resolution 1280X720 ), the phone is very slim and light weight and but the battery backup is quite low during 3G uses , 8 mp rear camera with dual flash is also impressive and front camera (5 mp) with flash is great for selfies , supports HD recording.

You can play HD videos without using any third party app.

Overall the phone is best in this price range compared to others.

Thanks
30th September 2014, 05:23 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
Quote:

Hlo Dear,

The phone is looks good and the screen quality is also impressive ( resolution 1280X720 ), the phone is very slim and light weight and but the battery backup is quite low during 3G uses , 8 mp rear camera with dual flash is also impressive and front camera (5 mp) with flash is great for selfies , supports HD recording.

You can play HD videos without using any third party app.

Overall the phone is best in this price range compared to others.

Thanks

Also please don't forget to mention poor audio quality in headphones .......(till now there is no way to increase headset volume coz of unknown audio configuration and drivers )

This is major point for many uses like me ...

Press Thanks Button If You like My Work & Posts😉
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #9  

4 posts
Runtime Query
So I got this phone and was browsing for some root options already, in a recent post online I read that the phone has an option to switch to 'ART Runtime' instead of Dalvik. The ART Runtime is fast indeed.
My question is whether, if I use ART Runtime, will it be of any hindrance to the rooting?
30th September 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

136 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joysontpeter

So I got this phone and was browsing for some root options already, in a recent post online I read that the phone has an option to switch to 'ART Runtime' instead of Dalvik. The ART Runtime is fast indeed.
My question is whether, if I use ART Runtime, will it be of any hindrance to the rooting?

You can always use art with out any hesitation

But in our stock ROM lava has not even provided a single customisation ....so ultimately for time being we have to depend on x-posed framework and modules which is incomparable with art

And also dome 3rd party applications are not fully art compatible so if we need customisation we need to stay in dalvik

If we don't need customisation we can safely stay in Art ...

I hope I cleared your doubt 😉

Press Thanks Button If You like My Work & Posts😉

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread