Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII SCH-S968C Rooted, Recovery Flashed, and Flashed with Custom Rom

Tip us?

Jbeat69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII SCH-S968C Rooted, Recovery Flashed, and Flashed with Custom Rom

Before I go on to give tutorial, I want to see how many people actually use this phone and if it's common enough for me to give the tutorial. I've noticed many people have tried to flash this phone and always end up bricking it or doing something wrong. I have successfully flashed it, no brick and everything working. I would love to give tutorial, but before I do so I must see how many actually need it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbeat69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

soupysoup
Old
Thanks Meter 1,754

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeat69 View Post
Before I go on to give tutorial, I want to see how many people actually use this phone and if it's common enough for me to give the tutorial. I've noticed many people have tried to flash this phone and always end up bricking it or doing something wrong. I have successfully flashed it, no brick and everything working. I would love to give tutorial, but before I do so I must see how many actually need it.
Let me first say thank you bcuz I'm just trying to get my boys phone updated from jb an he's got the st version but I can't find a recovery anywhere, so I'd u could even just inform me on where to get the recovery I'd be good lol

Jbeat69
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupysoup View Post
Let me first say thank you bcuz I'm just trying to get my boys phone updated from jb an he's got the st version but I can't find a recovery anywhere, so I'd u could even just inform me on where to get the recovery I'd be good lol
Your Welcome, and I want to apologize for not answering right away i'm still trying to get xda setup on my phone. I have school most of the day and will only be available at nights. But you say you only want recovery? Download an app called ez-recovery for VZW Galaxy S3 on the play store. Yes this is the Verzion Galaxy S3 Variant but it works for this device because of where it uses uses Verizon towers. Then once you download the app, open it up and flash the clockworkmod recovery, not the touch or twrp. Let me know your results You might come across some failed to mount SD card errors in the recovery menu. If you do it doesn't take a lot to fix..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbeat69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]