Aqua Dark Material Theme for CM12

XDA Senior MemberSimix93prepared a nice looking theme changing the original colors into shades of green. … more

Fonts Collection for CyanogenMod 12

Check out this collection of amazing fonts ready to make your CyanogenMod 12 ROM even more beautiful. … more

Send Links to Any Nearby Device with CaastMe

There already are many solutions on the Google Play store if you want to send a link to one of … more

Samsung Galaxy S4 Is Getting Lollipop Update in Russia

Samsung Galaxy S4 users in Russia are getting the Lollipop update via OTA. The update … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Lava Magnum X604 Rooting Guide & General Discussion]

OP The-Immortal

16th September 2014, 07:16 PM   |  #1  
The-Immortal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
[ Lava Magnum X604 Rooting Guide & General Discussion ]



Key Features:

Lava Magnum X604 is a Smart Phone Powered by 6.00-inch HD 720x1280 pixels with 245 Pixels per inch (PPI) display,Android 4.4 KitKat,8 MP Auto Focus with with BSI Sensor for low light imaging and Broadcom 1.2GHz Quad Core processor coupled with Videocore IV GPU alongside 1GB RAM.


Rooting & Unlocking:

Code:
Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs Preferably Windows-7
3. There should be at least 65% charge in your
4. Make a Backup of Your Contacts,SMS,And Whats  App data in SD Card
Code:
Downloading Required Files:

Download Lava Magnum X-604 Root Toolkit  Click Here To Download

Code:
Preparing Your Windows PC And Magnum X604 for  Rooting:

Extract Downloaded Lava Magnum X604 Root Tool Kit to your Windows PC Desktop

Go to Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Factory data Reset in your Lava Magnum X-604 and Do a factory data Reset and Complete setups after     it re-boots  

Enable USB Debugging On your Device You can find this option in Settings >>Developer Option >>USB Debugging.

Enable Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources under  Settings >> Security  >> Unknown Sources  also Disable verify apps bellow Unknown Sources 

Now Connect your device via USB cable to windows PC and Start installing programs which is provided in tool kit in same order
1.) Adb Driver Installer 2) BRCM_Driver_Package 3.)For Windows x64 Bit/For Windows x32 Bit 4.)VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup
Code:
Rooting :

Open installed V-Root Program and Grant USB Debugging Authorization when a pop-up pops in your device Remember to tick always allow option.

When connection is established between V-Root  program and your device it will display your device model and Root Button in Opened V-Root Program 

If You See Green Colored Root button in V-Root Program Just click it and Wait silently with out touching your device .After some Times Your 
Device will reboot (Remember Don't Disconnect USB cable until and Unless V-Root Program show success in your PC ) 

When you see Success message in PC remove USB Cable and Reboot Your Phone

Now Your Lava Magnum X604 is Rooted
For more Development visit this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2875274

If you guys have any doubt regarding This particular device please drop a comment here in this thread I will try to clear it to my best of knowledge...


Please Don't say thanks in words Simply press Thanks Button Which is more Meaning full😉

The-Immortal.
Last edited by The-Immortal; 2nd October 2014 at 03:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to The-Immortal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
105 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Thumbs up Thanks a ton man
Thanks man, this is great. I was desperately in need of this. Will try this over the weekend and let you know if i have any issues.

Looks like you have completed the rooting on your phone, any tips on steps to optimize the phone after the rooting. Its pretty laggy for a 1.2Ghz quad core processor, not sure why? I am planning to remove all the bloatware, and see if i can increase system space for apps. Besides that any further suggestions to improve the speed and responsiveness, that can be achieved by rooting or otherwise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Immortal

[ Lava Magnum X604 Rooting Guide & General Discussion ]



Key Features:

Lava Magnum X604 is a Smart Phone Powered by 6.00-inch HD 720x1280 pixels with 245 Pixels per inch (PPI) display,Android 4.4 KitKat,8 MP Auto Focus with with BSI Sensor for low light imaging and Broadcom 1.2GHz Quad Core processor coupled with Videocore IV GPU alongside 1GB RAM.


Rooting & Unlocking:

Code:
Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs Preferably Windows-7
3. There should be at least 65% charge in your
4. Make a Backup of Your Contacts,SMS,And Whats  App data in SD Card
Code:
Downloading Required Files:

Download Lava Magnum X-604 Root Toolkit  Click Here To Download

Code:
Preparing Your Windows PC And Magnum X604 for  Rooting:

Extract Downloaded Lava Magnum X604 Root Tool Kit to your Windows PC Desktop

Go to Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Factory data Reset in your Lava Magnum X-604 and Do a factory data Reset and Complete setups after     it re-boots  

Enable USB Debugging On your Device You can find this option in Settings >>Developer Option >>USB Debugging.

Enable Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources under  Settings >> Security  >> Unknown Sources  also Disable verify apps bellow Unknown Sources 

Now Connect your device via USB cable to windows PC and Start installing programs which is provided in tool kit in same order
1.) Adb Driver Installer 2) BRCM_Driver_Package 3.)For Windows x64 Bit/For Windows x32 Bit 4.)VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup
Code:
Rooting :

Open installed V-Root Program and Grant USB Debugging Authorization when a pop-up pops in your device Remember to tick always allow option.

When connection is established between V-Root  program and your device it will display your device model and Root Button in Opened V-Root Program 

If You See Green Colored Root button in V-Root Program Just click it and Wait silently with out touching your device .After some Times Your 
Device will reboot (Remember Don't Disconnect USB cable until and Unless V-Root Program show success in your PC ) 

When you see Success message in PC remove USB Cable and Reboot Your Phone

Now Your Lava Magnum X604 is Rooted
For more Development visit this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2875274

If you guys have any doubt regarding This particular device please drop a comment here in this thread I will try to clear it to my best of knowledge...

The-Immortal.

19th September 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #3  
The-Immortal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by boysha8

Thanks man, this is great. I was desperately in need of this. Will try this over the weekend and let you know if i have any issues.

Looks like you have completed the rooting on your phone, any tips on steps to optimize the phone after the rooting. Its pretty laggy for a 1.2Ghz quad core processor, not sure why? I am planning to remove all the bloatware, and see if i can increase system space for apps. Besides that any further suggestions to improve the speed and responsiveness, that can be achieved by rooting or otherwise?

Ya you are 100% correct device is laggy out of box because of unwanted bloats and scraps provided by lava as system application ...
Major problem I have seen in device is the default volume level in headset is not at all up to the mark and also the software is not good enough ...

Its clear the mentality of lava is only to push devices to market and achieve their business target. They r not bothered about customer support,updates,and GPL also...


You can refer this thread which I have provided some steps to make default ROM faster .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2875274

Removing unwanted apps listed by me will definitely help you to increase system memory along with lag reduction ..
I will post a SElinux enabled busybox so that we can enable SElinux. Like this.



Also you can try the Fly-On mod to optimise more once you have installed busybox and init.d support ...

I have contacted some of developers to compile CWM Recovery but it seems take a bit time to port it for breadcom chip set
Once this job is done I will be able to produce some custom ROMs as per our requirement .[emoji6]


Sent from my x604 using Tapatalk
23rd September 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Exclamation
unable to download the file keep on getting Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator. error.
23rd September 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #5  
The-Immortal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogii111

unable to download the file keep on getting Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator. error.

Simple its google limitations.....
In India try to download between 11am to 2.30pm ....


Who ever downloaded contact me to make a mirror [emoji12]

It will help other users too....


Sent from my x604 using Tapatalk
29th November 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
Not able to root x604
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Immortal

[ Lava Magnum X604 Rooting Guide & General Discussion ]



Key Features:

Lava Magnum X604 is a Smart Phone Powered by 6.00-inch HD 720x1280 pixels with 245 Pixels per inch (PPI) display,Android 4.4 KitKat,8 MP Auto Focus with with BSI Sensor for low light imaging and Broadcom 1.2GHz Quad Core processor coupled with Videocore IV GPU alongside 1GB RAM.


Rooting & Unlocking:

Code:
Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device. Do it at your own risk.
2. This should only work on Windows based PCs Preferably Windows-7
3. There should be at least 65% charge in your
4. Make a Backup of Your Contacts,SMS,And Whats  App data in SD Card
Code:
Downloading Required Files:

Download Lava Magnum X-604 Root Toolkit  Click Here To Download

Code:
Preparing Your Windows PC And Magnum X604 for  Rooting:

Extract Downloaded Lava Magnum X604 Root Tool Kit to your Windows PC Desktop

Go to Settings >> Backup & Reset >> Factory data Reset in your Lava Magnum X-604 and Do a factory data Reset and Complete setups after     it re-boots  

Enable USB Debugging On your Device You can find this option in Settings >>Developer Option >>USB Debugging.

Enable Allow Installation of Apps from Unknown Sources under  Settings >> Security  >> Unknown Sources  also Disable verify apps bellow Unknown Sources 

Now Connect your device via USB cable to windows PC and Start installing programs which is provided in tool kit in same order
1.) Adb Driver Installer 2) BRCM_Driver_Package 3.)For Windows x64 Bit/For Windows x32 Bit 4.)VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup
Code:
Rooting :

Open installed V-Root Program and Grant USB Debugging Authorization when a pop-up pops in your device Remember to tick always allow option.

When connection is established between V-Root  program and your device it will display your device model and Root Button in Opened V-Root Program 

If You See Green Colored Root button in V-Root Program Just click it and Wait silently with out touching your device .After some Times Your 
Device will reboot (Remember Don't Disconnect USB cable until and Unless V-Root Program show success in your PC ) 

When you see Success message in PC remove USB Cable and Reboot Your Phone

Now Your Lava Magnum X604 is Rooted
For more Development visit this thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2875274

If you guys have any doubt regarding This particular device please drop a comment here in this thread I will try to clear it to my best of knowledge...


Please Don't say thanks in words Simply press Thanks Button Which is more Meaning full😉

The-Immortal.

Hi, Immortal

I tried to root my x604 with the steps you described here, but not able to root it at all !
To hell with vRoot - can't understand those chinese junks ! Even if I have downloaded vRoot 1.7.3 english version, only few lines in english.
Irritation, irritation and irritation - nothing else !
Please suggest some other methods or ways, this one was completely disastrous for me !
4th December 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #7  
The-Immortal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasantec

Hi, Immortal

I tried to root my x604 with the steps you described here, but not able to root it at all !
To hell with vRoot - can't understand those chinese junks ! Even if I have downloaded vRoot 1.7.3 english version, only few lines in english.
Irritation, irritation and irritation - nothing else !
Please suggest some other methods or ways, this one was completely disastrous for me !

Dude we have twrp + philz recovery so just flash it via adb and flash super user ....that's it all done .....

Sent from my A1 using Tapatalk
4th January 2015, 11:11 AM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Memory problem
Hi i have to say thank to you. Recently i reviewed your article and i rooted my phone with help of your tutorial. But after rooted my internal memory comes to 1.63GB (Previously the internal memory was 5.2GB). Snapshot attached. Please help me on this.

Also can you please let me know how to upgrade my OS to lollipop. Awaiting reply for your reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-04-15-35-06.png
Views:	26
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	3097363  
25th January 2015, 12:03 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish.vadivel

Hi i have to say thank to you. Recently i reviewed your article and i rooted my phone with help of your tutorial. But after rooted my internal memory comes to 1.63GB (Previously the internal memory was 5.2GB). Snapshot attached. Please help me on this.

Also can you please let me know how to upgrade my OS to lollipop. Awaiting reply for your reply.

@sathish.vadivel hey buddy did you manage to sort this out?

I don't understand how Lava can produce such a nice phone with such a lousy implementation of the OS.
Yesterday, 04:15 AM   |  #10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdababby

@sathish.vadivel hey buddy did you manage to sort this out?

I don't understand how Lava can produce such a nice phone with such a lousy implementation of the OS.

Please reply for me quotes. I'm waiting for your response.

---------- Post added at 03:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Hi i have to say thank to you. Recently i reviewed your article and i rooted my phone with help of your tutorial. But after rooted my internal memory comes to 1.63GB (Previously the internal memory was 5.2GB). Snapshot attached. Please help me on this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes