Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 40,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MiUI 6 Announced & Showcased

Tip us?

wulsic
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80 View Post
Like i already said i don't like the new v6 look so no porting work from me.
What makes you think the kernel is to blame for the rom not booting?It could be system related too,especially if you are trying to boot a rom build for a different device.
When you do a port there are 3 basic things, the miui base,your device proprietary stuff and the kernel.
Don't forget that we have a Nexus device so we have the sources from Aosp so no need for CM11 (miui v5 is aosp based too).
Some people use Patchrom to port Miui,others just do it manually, using the miui base and then injecting the device's proprietary stuff (you need to work on the frameworks a lot).Doing this also requires good knowledge of ADB, some smali editing and more.
My suggestion is to open a new thread for this port so if someone is interested can jump in and help but from my experience i wouldn't hold my breath on fully working builds very soon (just have a look how all the porting projects ended up on N5).
Anyway good luck to anyone who tries to port it.
Oh sorry i quoted the wrong user, i don't only blame the kernel but i only wanted to suggest to compare them so he might also get an better view of the kernel itself. Yes i know we have aosp but i thought miui might wasusing caf and the porter used cyanogenmod as port
Devices History
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
"The greatest ideas are the simplest." William Golding
"Simplicity is the art of maximizing the amount of work not done." - Agile Manifesto
"Simplicity is the way a human/developer should think to easily solve problems." - Wulsic

My Work So far

zane05
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Anyone got this working on the mi3? Installed it but it's asking for a validation.

Sent from my MI 3W using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gabones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
this rom preinstalled "play store" ??? thanks

Tapatalk from Mi3w

Plays2
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretoriano80 View Post
I'm really confused about what you are doing mate.What build did you flashed?The MI3 build with a CM11 N5 kernel?If so you are risking a lot.
There are a lot of guides on how to port MIUI but it will require a lot of work,not just some file replacing and having the rom booting will be just the first step.
If i were you i wouldn't post a build in here until i'm sure is booting and no harm can be done to the device (many people will flash anything you throw at them).
I mounted system, boot, and data.img from the leak and took the latest CM11 nightly and used this script as a guideline to see where everything should go. I thought MIUI was based on CM? The updater script I used is just the same one from the other "MIUI v6" Nexus 7 port so I didn't just pull it from CM11.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check me out on Youtube! http://bit.ly/16NAodO

Tyrany
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays2 View Post
I mounted system, boot, and data.img from the leak and took the latest CM11 nightly and used this script as a guideline to see where everything should go. I thought MIUI was based on CM? The updater script I used is just the same one from the other "MIUI v6" Nexus 7 port so I didn't just pull it from CM11.

Play can you try using the same script on a vanilla 4.4.4 rom? probably it should work better
From the shadows a berserk paranoid nexus arise XD