Votes: 320 65.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
Good evening!
If you're reading this, then you for sure know what Spotify is. We all love listening to music and, ugh, that's the synonym of Spotify!

Unfortunately, this work could be used for two fully opposite reasons, one of which is against the XDA rules, so I had no other choice but to close this thread (and remove links). I hope you understand me and sorry for the inconvenience.
Feel free to read the history below. It was a fun ride!

Time ago, the app landed on our lovely Android platform for both tablets and phones and honestly who wasn't excited?
Soon after, forced shuffle mode and limited number of skips were also introduced and I agree that there must be a reason to purchase Premium after all. Luckily, this restriction was not enabled on tablets, but a problem that appears is that far from all tablets are detected as ones - mainly the "smaller" ones. This [bug/miss-code] activates the restriction on your tablet, and as a fix was needed from either side, here was my solution.

This mod was created for all those "small tablets" that are incorrectly recognized so that you can use Spotify the way it was meant to be used.

Regarding Facebook log in issue:
The signature/private hash (or not) of this app was not matching the original one Spotify had registered on Facebook. Absolutely understandable since this was a modified version.
As suggested by Romain12345 (thank you!), can you log in with your Facebook credentials instead of clicking on the "Log in with Facebook" button.

Credits:
APK Multi Tool - everything was processed through this amazing software.
APKTool - the core of the above tool and pretty much everything hacky-related.

Last edited:

MayheMv786

Feb 16, 2013
Thanks

good evening!
If you're reading this, then you for sure know what spotify is. We all love listening to music and, ugh, that's the synonym of spotify!

Time ago, the app landed on our lovely android platform for both tablets and phones and honestly who wasn't excited?
Soon after, forced shuffle mode and limited number of skips were also introduced and i agree that there must be a reason to purchase premium after all. Luckily, this restriction was not enabled on tablets, but a problem that appears is that far from all tablets are detected as ones - mainly the "smaller" ones. This [bug/miss-code] activates the restriction on your tablet, and as a fix was needed from either side, here is my solution.

this mod has been created for all those "small tablets" that are incorrectly recognized so that you can use spotify the way it was meant to be used.

current version: 1.9.0.1273
download: https://mega.co.nz/#!obbxftjy
key: onwk2v-q6329md_ctll5ogtqdneisuc7robrp-wkotq

known issues: Facebook login does not work.
Update requests are kindly accepted as i never follow them myself.

credits:
apk multi tool - everything was processed through this amazing software.
apktool - the core of the above tool and pretty much everything hacky-related.

thank you!!! :d

Tsunani

Jun 11, 2014
Mirror

I'm not being able to download it. Could anyone mirror please? Thank you

Edit : I downloaded from the computer. Thanks anyway

Last edited:

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
What!? I didnt know thats even possible! Spotify app for android got 100000x more useful for me. I can finally skip forever and even fast forward the music. Its sooo much better. You deserve a medal and million likes. :laugh:

kunlegzy

Oct 28, 2014
Op pls can you upload this mode in a diff site cos mega is down. And secondly can you help me with little explanation as to how to install this or all I need is to just install the apk after the download. I haven't installed spotify b4 that's why . Thanks for the response in advance

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
Op pls can you upload this mode in a diff site cos mega is down. And secondly can you help me with little explanation as to how to install this or all I need is to just install the apk after the download. I haven't installed spotify b4 that's why . Thanks for the response in advance

MEGA is never down, it only needs the app for android if you want to download from phone. That's the reason I personally won't mirror.
About installing, you need to have "Unknown sources" enabled in your Security settings. Then just open the APK and install it as normal. If you still can't figure it out check YouTube for thousands of tutorials.

Nov 2, 2011
Hyderabad
Server is down

MEGA is never down, it only needs the app for android if you want to download from phone. That's the reason I personally won't mirror.
About installing, you need to have "Unknown sources" enabled in your Security settings. Then just open the APK and install it as normal. If you still can't figure it out check YouTube for thousands of tutorials.

I've downloaded the apk for mega, and also tried to access the website. But it refuses to open the website or allow me to login to the app. Hence the servers are actually down. Op if possible can u post it on a different cloud?. Thank you for this amazingly brilliant apk!:)

kunlegzy

Oct 28, 2014

Op u can as well check again, it's no longer a news that mega is down for now. You see people testifying. You can check up urself

doratos

Dec 12, 2014
@ViRb3 It doesn't work on gingerbread android again...
I think it's a problem of apk version because on Google play it was written that the version varies with device.
So please If you give me your email, I'll send the last apk version of spotify compatible with gingerbread to you.

Reactions: fudduf

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
Op u can as well check again, it's no longer a news that mega is down for now. You see people testifying. You can check up urself

I'm uploading my photos there right now ;)

@ViRb3 It doesn't work on gingerbread android again...
I think it's a problem of apk version because on Google play it was written that the version varies with device.
So please If you give me your email, I'll send the last apk version of spotify compatible with gingerbread to you.

I'll investigate further when I get home and I'll PM you.

kunlegzy

Oct 28, 2014
Op finally I got it downloaded. Thanks so much but I have a question. Is it possible for me to download for offline for free with this mod?

ViRb3

Aug 25, 2014
Op finally I got it downloaded. Thanks so much but I have a question. Is it possible for me to download for offline for free with this mod?

Absolutely not. I am not "hacking" Spotify and making it Premium-free and that will never be my aim. I am just making it possible to run in tablet mode on smaller tables.

Reactions: jaspreet997
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good evening!
    If you're reading this, then you for sure know what Spotify is. We all love listening to music and, ugh, that's the synonym of Spotify!

Unfortunately, this work could be used for two fully opposite reasons, one of which is against the XDA rules, so I had no other choice but to close this thread (and remove links). I hope you understand me and sorry for the inconvenience.
    Feel free to read the history below. It was a fun ride!

Time ago, the app landed on our lovely Android platform for both tablets and phones and honestly who wasn't excited?
    Soon after, forced shuffle mode and limited number of skips were also introduced and I agree that there must be a reason to purchase Premium after all. Luckily, this restriction was not enabled on tablets, but a problem that appears is that far from all tablets are detected as ones - mainly the "smaller" ones. This [bug/miss-code] activates the restriction on your tablet, and as a fix was needed from either side, here was my solution.

This mod was created for all those "small tablets" that are incorrectly recognized so that you can use Spotify the way it was meant to be used.

Regarding Facebook log in issue:
    The signature/private hash (or not) of this app was not matching the original one Spotify had registered on Facebook. Absolutely understandable since this was a modified version.
    As suggested by Romain12345 (thank you!), can you log in with your Facebook credentials instead of clicking on the "Log in with Facebook" button.

Credits:
    APK Multi Tool - everything was processed through this amazing software.
    APKTool - the core of the above tool and pretty much everything hacky-related.
    Hi at all,

here the last Spotify Music 2.3.0.828 [MOD]

Good listening!!!! :D

Download Link:

ZIPPYSHARE:
    Spotify Music 2.3.0.828 [MOD]

MEGA:
    Spotify Music 2.3.0.828 [MOD]
    Hi at all,

here the last Spotify Music 2.5.0.942 [MOD]

Download Link:

USERCLOUD:
    Spotify Music 2.5.0.942 [MOD]

MEGA:
    Spotify Music 2.5.0.942 [MOD]
    Hi at all,

Here the last Spotify Music 2.6.0.813 [MOD]

Download Link:

USERCLOUD:
    Spotify Music 2.6.0.813 [MOD]

MEGA:
    Spotify Music 2.6.0.813 [MOD]
    Well I will post a quick tut:
    Look up how to decompile and compile apk files with apktool. This is useful for more than just this.

NOTE: before this stuff will work I think that you may have to install java
    Download apktool
    For these instructions I will assume that the spotify apk you are modifying is called "com.spotify.music.apk"
    Decompile the spotify .apk with command "apktool.bat d com.spotify.music.apk"
    You will get a folder with the same name as the apk with a bunch of files in it
    Use some program (i used notepad++) to search all the files inside the "smali" folder in this folder for "const v1, 0x7f090007"
    You should (hopefully) find some code that looks like this:
    Code:
    .method public static c(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
        .locals 2
        .parameter

.prologue
        .line 72
        invoke-virtual {p0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getResources()Landroid/content/res/Resources;

move-result-object v0

const v1, 0x7f090007

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/content/res/Resources;->getBoolean(I)Z

move-result v0

return v0
    .end method
    Change it so that it looks like this:
    Code:
    .method public static c(Landroid/content/Context;)Z
        .locals 1
        .parameter

.prologue
        const/4 v0, 0x1

return v0
    .end method
    Save the file
    Recompile the apk with command "apktool b com.spotify.music"
    Look in the "com.spotify.music" folder inside the "dist" folder and you will see the compiled apk
    Now you will need to sign the apk or you will get an error when installing. (There are probably many ways to do this but I am just going to tell you how I have been doing it because I don't remember how I figured this out.)
    Download this testsign thing: https://mega.co.nz/#!tcJDlLpZ!n9nWfhpok2LT2i-ObB-mAlK3XG5yKEXdN4q9Iz_-2i0
    Extract to some folder
    drag the .apk you made onto testsign.bat
    If everything worked ok you should now have a modified spotify apk that you can install.

I believe that what this is doing is replacing some function that is asking android if your device is a tablet with some code that just always returns true.