Nokia N1 vs Xiaomi MiPad

Search This thread

guinnes.s

May 11, 2009
www.cabscentralbracknell.co.uk
Silly question....
I'm undecided between the xiaomi mipad and the Nokia n1
.... I notice that there isn't any support on XDA for both tablets making my purchase decision difficult.
What's your take on this, im on the look for a 4:3 aspect ratio and 7.4 inch ish tablet size,should I look somewhere else other then those? Thanx

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
ive no personal experience with the N1, but i can say that ive really enjoyed my mipad. im impressed with the build quality.

i run the latest "global" miui rom rooted.

also xiaomi is expected to release the source code before to much longer.. which means 3rd party roms would be quick to follow.

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
What do u mean with GLOBAL ?

i bought mine from china (i live in the US) it came with a version of miui that had several Chinese apps that looked to do similar stuff to google.. and it didnt have any google apps. once i swapped to the global version of miui i really liked the tablet.

from miui.com you can download 3 roms
mipad china:
-developer
-stable
mipad global:
-stable

if you install cwm you can easily root any of them, if you stick with original recovery you can only root the developer.

also there are several developers in russia and india that are just waiting for source code to drop. and its expected to happen fairly soon (assuming mipad follows the general path of other xiaomi products)

jun23

Jun 21, 2015
Lets hope for Kernel sources to be released[Mi Pad]

Xiaomi seem taking their sweet time lol,is already one year old if I'm correct.
What is the path that usually they use for their phones regarding the code?

Xiaomi is usually hesitant to release the code, sometimes due to too much pressure created they may release all at once as happened in the beginning of this year with mi 3, mi 4, redmi note all code being released, except Mi Pad.

Lets hope Xiaomi releases it soon so that Lag Free Roms can be developed for this beastly device!:cool: