Default Onda V975i mod to enable flashing of Win8.1 Bios

Hey fellow members on xda, I've decided to mirror my thread here to help out you guys if you require. If you require further assistance, head on over to http://www.slatedroi...bios/?p=1218898 or you could reply here. I can't guarantee a timely reply here as I can on slatedroid but I'll try my best!

This is a slatedroid exclusive by lambstone. Some resources taken from http://www.ondaos.com/. Feel free to share a link to this thread or the contents so long as my donation link remains.

It is now necessary to solder on two resistors to be able to flash win8.1 bios properly without the HDMI/Screen bug. This is why Onda has delayed the Win8.1 update as they were probably trying to find a way to do so without a hardware modification. Unfortunately, it is pretty much confirmed that you need to solder two minuscule resistors onto an equally tiny spot to be able to flash win8.1. Most of us have really horrible soldering skills. Luckily, if you read on, I've come up with an alternate solution that will enable the majority of us to perform this hardware mod with minimal skill.

This is a pre-requisite for flashing of win8.1. Win8.1 instructions to follow once I have performed this mod.

Quote:
Original Idea as found on http://www.ondaos.com/. Translated and paraphrased by lambstone

Tools Required = 2x 0402 2.2k Ohm Resistors, Soldering Iron, Solder, Flux, Over 9000 lvl soldering skills

Steps = Solder resistor onto the red boxes into the above box.

Quote:
Alternate Idea as found on http://www.ondaos.com/. Translated and paraphrased by lambstone

Tools: 6B Pencil

Steps: Use pencil to draw a line across the contact points to close the circuit

Non-confirmed side effects: Possible loss of HDMI output. Unsure how long the graphite lasts

This works because graphite while conducting electricity have a fairly high resistance. DO NOT SHORT CIRCUIT by simply soldering the two points together or something like that.

My novel idea and workaround.

In case another user thinks I did not come up with this idea. Please open the spoiler just below

Quote:
guerreromanuel, on 05 Jul 2014 - 01:04 AM, said:

I would donate you but a chinese had the idea in ondaos forum so I dont know if you were the one clever or the one copying and saying he is the inventor. I dont like the last thing, is better to link -> Link
Quote:
lambstone, on 05 Jul 2014 - 4:32 PM, said:

I don't copy and claim credit. That user is me a hint would be that he and I have the same username? I posted it there and then I decided to do a in depth post about it here. Sorry I wasn't too clear about it on the main post, I have updated the main post accordingly.

Here's the proof. (This is the same link you provided)

I understand your concerns given that it had originally seemed I stole the idea. As for donations, if you're still willing to donate since I have proven to you that it is my own idea. You know where the link is.

Things you will need
  • 0402 2.2K Ohm Resistor (They come in bulk, normally like a strip of 100, cheap though. $1.99 for 100)
  • 0.2ML New Silver Conductive Wire Glue Paste

Steps
  1. Remove battery first
  2. Apply wire glue to the four contact points as indicated by the motherboard image above
  3. Press resistor to board on top of fresh glue careful to check there is no short circuit
  4. Do not touch device over 8++ hours
  5. You're done.
  6. Donate to me for making this possible. Link's in my signature. Or just click this sentence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	142610ll5m65dh6d6saeab.jpg
Views:	3391
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	2833678   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-1178-0-43126900-1404460143.jpg
Views:	2844
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	2833679   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-1178-0-51749100-1404460159.jpg
Views:	2634
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	2833680  
Most people aren't idiots, but it only takes one to ruin it for the rest of us.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Y U NO BE SMARTER

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phones: Xplore M68 > O2 Atom Life > HTC Touch HD > iPhone 3G > HTC Touch Dual > HTC Hero > Omnia 7 > Milestone 2 > Nexus S > SGS2 > SGS4
Tablets: Galaxy Tab > Galaxy Tab 7.7