FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Ramos i9s tablet

65 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By pki101, Member on 30th November 2014, 02:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My old faithful Archos 101 has serious problems and just bought Ramos i9s -> http://www.ramos-tablet.com/ramos-i9...2gb-white.html

My version has 16GB memory and no 3G modem/sim-card socket.

Tried to find any info about this from xda, but not a single message found.. did i just order crap?

3rd December 2014, 05:16 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
wow.. this must be rare tablet
16th December 2014, 12:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Not rare at all
Great tablet -heavy, but very classy design. It's a bit like a 9" iPhone 4s. Speedy intel chip. I have both the i9, i7, and i10 Pro. The last one is dual boot Android / Win 8.1.
18th December 2014, 09:10 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Yep, this is heavy.. but I like heavy, better than feather-like

AnTuTu Benchmark scored 31472 and games looks awesome.
My first delivered tablet crashes after couple hours of use, maybe display cable disconnected or something.. because screen just went black and resetting/rebooting didn't never show anything else than backlight in screen. Got replacement unit next day and this one works fine.

There is one update from manufacturer downloaded, but previous unit crashed and that update might caused that also.. so waiting if others have problems with that update, before trying to install it again.
19th April 2015, 08:34 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
I have tried to find updates and root for this tablet, but seems there is nothing for this.

Manufacturer provides only chinese download page at http://ramos.com.cn/Download_list/List
I have tried to download from there, but after over 20 re-downloads.. all files seems to be broken and unusable.
Most likely my last china-cheap tablet ever. :/
11th June 2015, 12:29 PM |#6  
Flag Pekin
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Kingo ROOT works for root and is very straight forward. As far as updates go, I have not had any luck on that either.
17th June 2015, 03:18 PM |#7  
Flag Pekin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pki101

Yep, this is heavy.. but I like heavy, better than feather-like

AnTuTu Benchmark scored 31472 and games looks awesome.
My first delivered tablet crashes after couple hours of use, maybe display cable disconnected or something.. because screen just went black and resetting/rebooting didn't never show anything else than backlight in screen. Got replacement unit next day and this one works fine.

There is one update from manufacturer downloaded, but previous unit crashed and that update might caused that also.. so waiting if others have problems with that update, before trying to install it again.

Was able to find firmware download at Ramos site but was not able to download. When I click on download button it takes me to another page which tells me all about the firmware and how to install but does not give me a download option. The file is [i9s] Blue Devils i9s Le Frog OS stable version of firmware. Have any clues as to how to download this file? Part of the instructions is to install, ManufacturingFlashTool_Setup_6.0.43.exe. Do you know where I might get this file?
17th June 2015, 03:52 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJo

Kingo ROOT works for root and is very straight forward. As far as updates go, I have not had any luck on that either.

Just downloaded app, didn't read any intructions.. just installed app and hit Root-button, after some waiting got error message and rooting failed.
That Kingo Root needs windows application first.. right? and connecting to Ramos via usb-cable.. right?

I don't actually see any need for rooting this and after that, none of manufacturer upgrades probaply don't work here.. but.. it's hard to test, because they dont distribute upgrades. lol
18th June 2015, 10:54 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Great device, How about battery life?
18th June 2015, 10:59 AM |#10  
Flag Pekin

More
Thus far, the battery life has been very good.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread