Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INDEX] Custom ROMs for Spice Mi-515

Tip us?

Forever Alone
Old
(Last edited by Forever Alone; 11th April 2014 at 08:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Angry [INDEX] Custom ROMs for Spice Mi-515

I see many people are not able to find ROMs for Spice Mi 515 which is a clone of Coolpad 7295. People are able to find only ROMs from NeedROM.com, but there are still many many ROMs for this device.
I got this device, only for testing and development purpose from my friend for 15 days and I enjoyed some of the ROMs really much. It has almost all ROMs like HikeOS, Galaxy S4, Note 3, MiUi v5, LeWa OS 5, ColorOS (my favorite), Sony Xperia ROM (port from Sony Xperia C!) and other ROMs.

How To Translate ROMs:
But the problem is that all the ROMs are in Chinese. I heard people saying that the ROMs Chinese, but I still downloaded a ROM to translate. I was ready with my APK Tool and Google Translator :P but then I changed language in Settings>language and keyboard settings option.
Common sense is just that open Settings and see an option which has icon of "A" in any font! Open it and tap on first option. Then tap on "English" (it won't be in Chinese) and the ROM will be in English!
Still there will be bugs in the ROM like in HikeOS, but in ROMs like Color OS which is ported from Oppo, there is no bug.
You just need to remove Chinese applications which are in /system/app folder. Make sure you backup your ROM before trying this! You can use Titanium Backup or Link2SD to remove these applications.
Don't go on screenshots, all ROMs (mostly!) have English language too! Just follow what's written above.
You can flash these ROMs directly with CWM Recovery or Carliv.
Index of Spice Mi-515 ROMs:
1. iOS 7 ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download.
2. Baidu Cloud OS ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Baidu Cloud OS for Spice Mi-515.
3. ColorOS ROM for Spice MI-515: Click HERE to download Color OS for Spice Mi-515.

4. Sony Xperia C ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Sony Xperia C ROM for Spice Mi-515 [Virtual Keys work].

5. GalaxyS4 ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download GalaxyS4 ROM for Spice Mi-515 ROM.
6. Note 3 ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Note 3 ROM for Spice Mi-515.

7. Ali Cloud OS for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Ali Cloud OS [Transparent] for Spice Mi-515.

8. Lenovo UI for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Lenovo UI for Spice Mi-515.
9. Hike OS for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to Download Hike OS for Spice Mi-515.
10. Kit Kat themed ROM for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to download Kit Kat ROM for Spice Mi-515.

11. MiUi v5 ROM for Spice MI-515 (Pre translated): Click HERE to Download the ROM [Thanks sakbhav@xda].

12. LeWa OS 5 ROM for Spice MI-515: Click HERE to Download LEWA OS for Spice Mi-515.

13. Pure Stock Android 4.2.2 OS for Spice Mi-515: Click HERE to Download Android 4.2.2 update for Spice Mi-515.

~ MORE LINKS WILL BE ADDED SOON..

#Thanks to YDSS.CN developers, shuajibao.cc, NeedROM, XDA and everyone who contributed to the development. Also all links have link to the developers too.
My real story: (a Meme)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Manu11
Old
(Last edited by Naddict; 21st April 2014 at 09:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
I need carliv touch recovery for spice mi-515 I tried to port it but can't enable touch support. I have lewa os set lang to english but still calendar app is fully in chinese, music payer has some chinese words and contacts has a chine word.
i would be gratefull if you help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Manu11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu11 View Post
I need carliv touch recovery for spice mi-515 I tried to port it but can't enable touch support. I have lewa os set lang to english but still calendar app is fully in chinese, music payer has some chinese words and contacts has a chine word.
i would be gratefull if you help.
Please remove quote from the post. -_- LeWa OS is basically Chinese ROMs and has some bugs in language. However, I don't own any device now. It was jut for testing and development. I didn't try porting Calriv or any recovery to Spice Mi515.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pavanbarod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink fm radio not working

hi friend,
i've installed sony rom for my mi 515 but fm radio not working.. no sound and no tuning at all..
what to do please help.
waiting for your response..
thank you in advance

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbarod View Post
hi friend,
i've installed sony rom for my mi 515 but fm radio not working.. no sound and no tuning at all..
what to do please help.
waiting for your response..
thank you in advance
Sound worked perfect for me. I didn't try radio. Try any other ROMs. Radio won't work in LeWa OS too I think.

The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Leoneophyte
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hmm

pavanbarod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
Sound worked perfect for me. I didn't try radio. Try any other ROMs. Radio won't work in LeWa OS too I think.
no.. no.. no..
only in fm I didnt hear the sound and its just tuning what channels I have with lack of sound ..
overall awsom rom no doubt about that.
if any solution if u can provide.. please let me know..
although you had done quite nice job with let all us know about all the mi 515 roms..
and i'll be your fan if u can fix these issue.. haa haa.
thnx for your time bro.

Forever Alone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbarod View Post
no.. no.. no..
only in fm I didnt hear the sound and its just tuning what channels I have with lack of sound ..
overall awsom rom no doubt about that.
if any solution if u can provide.. please let me know..
although you had done quite nice job with let all us know about all the mi 515 roms..
and i'll be your fan if u can fix these issue.. haa haa.
thnx for your time bro.
Replace these files from stock to rom (flash the ROM, don't manually replace them):

\system\lib\libfmmt6628.so
\system\lib\libaudio.a2dp.default.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6616.so
\system\lib\libaudioflinger.so
\system\lib\libaudiocompensationfilter.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6626.so
\system\lib\libaudiocustparam.so
\system\lib\libaudioeffect_jni.so
\system\lib\libaudiosetting.so
\system\lib\libfmcust.so
\system\lib\libaudio.primary.default.so
\system\lib\libfmjni.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6620.so
\system\lib\libfmar1000.so

Tell me if it works or not!

The Following User Says Thank You to Forever Alone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pavanbarod
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Alone View Post
Replace these files from stock to rom (flash the ROM, don't manually replace them):

\system\lib\libfmmt6628.so
\system\lib\libaudio.a2dp.default.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6616.so
\system\lib\libaudioflinger.so
\system\lib\libaudiocompensationfilter.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6626.so
\system\lib\libaudiocustparam.so
\system\lib\libaudioeffect_jni.so
\system\lib\libaudiosetting.so
\system\lib\libfmcust.so
\system\lib\libaudio.primary.default.so
\system\lib\libfmjni.so