Root Digiflip Pro XT712.
Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights on your Android device. Once we root our Android device, we can then make changes to it to customize it well beyond what it normally can do.
Once you have root access on your Flipkart Digiflip pro XT 712 you’ll be able to:
Remove apps that were preinstalled by flipkart from your device.
Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Tons of other customizations when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Interested? Here’s how to root your Digiflip pro XT 712 :
Before You Begin
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This only works on Windows based PCs.
Downloading Required Files
ADB Drivers here
winXP-win7 utils for get root on androids from 2.2.1 MTK Droid Root & Tools v2.5.3
Ensure your device is connected to your PC.
Ensure USB debugging in Developer options of System setting is allowed.
Installing CWMR (ClockWorkMod Recovery) in Digiflip pro:
NOTE 1: Make a backup through MTKDroidTool before, if something goes wrong!
NOTE 2: Your phone must be rooted before installing ClockWorkMod Recovery!
1. Extract and open MTKDroidTools and press ROOT button
2. Select root, backup, recovery tab and select To use boot from phone option,
then press Recovery and Boot button
3. Press Yes button when asked for Automatic CWM Recovery
4. Press No button when asked for Flash Patched BOOT.IMG
5. Press Yes button when asked for Install created recovery to phone
6. [THIS IS OPTIONAL] To check if recovery works press Yes button when asked for Reload phone in recovery