SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII SCH-S968C Rooted, Recovery Flashed, and Flashed with Custom Rom

OP Jbeat69

21st August 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
Before I go on to give tutorial, I want to see how many people actually use this phone and if it's common enough for me to give the tutorial. I've noticed many people have tried to flash this phone and always end up bricking it or doing something wrong. I have successfully flashed it, no brick and everything working. I would love to give tutorial, but before I do so I must see how many actually need it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jbeat69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag norwich
Thanks Meter: 1,754

882 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbeat69

Before I go on to give tutorial, I want to see how many people actually use this phone and if it's common enough for me to give the tutorial. I've noticed many people have tried to flash this phone and always end up bricking it or doing something wrong. I have successfully flashed it, no brick and everything working. I would love to give tutorial, but before I do so I must see how many actually need it.

Let me first say thank you bcuz I'm just trying to get my boys phone updated from jb an he's got the st version but I can't find a recovery anywhere, so I'd u could even just inform me on where to get the recovery I'd be good lol
22nd August 2014, 02:43 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupysoup

Let me first say thank you bcuz I'm just trying to get my boys phone updated from jb an he's got the st version but I can't find a recovery anywhere, so I'd u could even just inform me on where to get the recovery I'd be good lol

Your Welcome, and I want to apologize for not answering right away i'm still trying to get xda setup on my phone. I have school most of the day and will only be available at nights. But you say you only want recovery? Download an app called ez-recovery for VZW Galaxy S3 on the play store. Yes this is the Verzion Galaxy S3 Variant but it works for this device because of where it uses uses Verizon towers. Then once you download the app, open it up and flash the clockworkmod recovery, not the touch or twrp. Let me know your results You might come across some failed to mount SD card errors in the recovery menu. If you do it doesn't take a lot to fix..
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbeat69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up I've been looking for this for some time now
Quote:

Your Welcome, and I want to apologize for not answering right away i'm still trying to get xda setup on my phone. I have school most of the day and will only be available at nights. But you say you only want recovery? Download an app called ez-recovery for VZW Galaxy S3 on the play store. Yes this is the Verzion Galaxy S3 Variant but it works for this device because of where it uses uses Verizon towers. Then once you download the app, open it up and flash the clockworkmod recovery, not the touch or twrp. Let me know your results You might come across some failed to mount SD card errors in the recovery menu. If you do it doesn't take a lot to fix..

I've managed to gain root and flash recovery for verizon sch-i535. would just like to know if that's correct and also need flash image and I also still looking for a compatible ROM. I've been to scared to download and install one.
5th October 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Angry Very interested!!
Quote:

I have been driving myself crazy trying to find this information. I would be very grateful to you for the information on flashing the firmware and upgrading to KitKat 4.4 on the SCH S968C. It's impossible to get the info from ST or Samsuck.

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread