Ask a question

No registration required

Unhappy [Q] Asus Zenfone 4 not getting ota update

OP matrix_guy

14th January 2015, 08:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
HI. Devs Since the last update (6.5.35) I'm not getting any ota update and I tried the manual way of updating process. It doesn't update . I unrooted my zenfone 4 and I'm on pure stock rom.
Tried updating with full ROM from Asus website but I'm still not able to update .I want to update my phone to 6.6.3 firmware Verison. But I'm not able to. Please some one tell me where an I going wrong? What could cause my phone not update I ever did a factory reset before and after . but I'm in no luck . please help me figure of this problem whats causing my phone not get update. Please help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-01-13-23-37-43.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	3115237  
15th January 2015, 10:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Info 2 if you unlocked bootloader you will not get updates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_guy

HI. Devs Since the last update (6.5.35) I'm not getting any ota update and I tried the manual way of updating process. It doesn't update . I unrooted my zenfone 4 and I'm on pure stock rom.
Tried updating with full ROM from Asus website but I'm still not able to update .I want to update my phone to 6.6.3 firmware Verison. But I'm not able to. Please some one tell me where an I going wrong? What could cause my phone not update I ever did a factory reset before and after . but I'm in no luck . please help me figure of this problem whats causing my phone not get update. Please help me.

if you ever unlocked bootloader you will not get the update and you will not be able to update manually. even if you lock the bootloader you will never get OTA updates ever again.

but if you want to update you can by doing this.

first flash .raw full ROM (I cant post link to download it but if you Google you might get it). keep that file in your external SD then go to droidboot and do a factory reset from there go back to droidboot and select SD download your phone will automatically flash stock ROM and your phones bootloader will get locked.

then you can update manually.
15th January 2015, 06:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandhamija99

if you ever unlocked bootloader you will not get the update and you will not be able to update manually. even if you lock the bootloader you will never get OTA updates ever again.

but if you want to update you can by doing this.

first flash .raw full ROM (I cant post link to download it but if you Google you might get it). keep that file in your external SD then go to droidboot and do a factory reset from there go back to droidboot and select SD download your phone will automatically flash stock ROM and your phones bootloader will get locked.

then you can update manually.

Not able to update still. 're- locked and unrooted . Still no update
16th January 2015, 08:56 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
you will not get the update by OTA
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix_guy

Not able to update still. 're- locked and unrooted . Still no update

unrooting and locking the bootloader will not help. if you ever unlocked bootloader you phone get banned from getting OTA update.

the only safe way to update now is to flash .raw ROM and then update by full ROM from Asus.com
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zenfone-4
Previous Thread Next Thread