FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Prevent Google Play Service to be autoinstalled (remove green google settings icon)

149 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By alecuba16, Senior Member on 28th February 2013, 12:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!!

This is a simple workaround to prevent the google service (com.google.android.gms-1.apk) that creates the anonying green Google Settings icon.

MANUAL:
1º Uninstall the Google playstore service from application manager or Remove the (com.google.android.gms.apk or com.google.android.gms-1.apk) from /data/app
2º Simply create a file in /data/app named ( com.google.android.gms-1.odex) As empty file.

END.

CWM flasheable:
antigms.zip]
Flasheable CWM /data/app fake com.google.android.gms-1 files to prevent to be installed.
First uninstall google playstore service and reboot to CWM flash this, and reboot, finish!.

I have been testing for ours and no force close or errors.

Discovered Side-effects:

-loose the remote playstore install functionality (press install from playstore website from pc). , Remote playstore install works!!

Another ideas are welcome.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alecuba16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alecuba16 Ad-Free

3rd March 2013, 05:44 PM |#2  
Flag Brew City
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Play Widgets (Library & Recommendations)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecuba16

Hello!!

This is a simple workaround to prevent the google service (com.google.android.gms-1.apk) that creates the anonying green Google Settings icon.

MANUAL:
1º Uninstall the Google playstore service from application manager or Remove the (com.google.android.gms.apk or com.google.android.gms-1.apk) from /data/app
2º Simply create a file in /data/app named ( com.google.android.gms-1.odex) As empty file.

END.

CWM flasheable:
Attachment 1769004]
Flasheable CWM /data/app fake com.google.android.gms-1 files to prevent to be installed.
First uninstall google playstore service and reboot to CWM flash this, and reboot, finish!.

Discovered Side-effects:

-loose the remote playstore install functionality (press install from playstore website from pc).

Would you confirm please if Google Play Services is where the widgets for Play Recommendations & Play Library came from, and that they will be gone following your steps above? Thanks!
3rd March 2013, 05:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstbrick

Would you confirm please if Google Play Services is where the widgets for Play Recommendations & Play Library came from, and that they will be gone following your steps above? Thanks!

Hello,test yourself, make a nandroid backup and check if it is relationed.

If it is relationed tell me, post there the results.
5th March 2013, 06:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
all this did was prevent me getting into playstore it opened itself and then closed itself????? thanks
5th March 2013, 07:45 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Wouldn't it be easier to just go to the Google Play Services app info page and deactivate it? (Just long press in the app drawer and move it to app info)

Or is there any downside that I am not seeing? (besides it taking up a few kb of space)

I didn't test it since I don't mind the icon.

If you have a custom launcher that can can hide apps use that, that way you also keep the functionality it provides.
5th March 2013, 09:12 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxnubee

all this did was prevent me getting into playstore it opened itself and then closed itself????? thanks

This prevent the google play service run in background. Playstore continues working as before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabur87

Wouldn't it be easier to just go to the Google Play Services app info page and deactivate it? (Just long press in the app drawer and move it to app info)

Or is there any downside that I am not seeing? (besides it taking up a few kb of space)

I didn't test it since I don't mind the icon.

If you have a custom launcher that can can hide apps use that, that way you also keep the functionality it provides.

Not, you can't disable it, this service autostarts automatically. It takes more than few kb, takes about 5MB or more, but this is not the bad.

The bad thing is this could be something relationed with ads and system stadistics and google plus forced by google (remember google don't be evil).
5th March 2013, 09:22 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Not, you can't disable it, this service autostarts automatically. It takes more than few kb, takes about 5MB or more, but this is not the bad.

I am not talking about closing it but deactivating it. Are we talking about the same option?
Because I have that option.
Why would it restart when I deactivate it? Or is Google not consequent enough here?

I don't want to try it since it will delete all user data and delete the updates.

But you are right, the app is bigger than I thought (both on the storage and RAM).
6th March 2013, 02:41 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I am not talking about closing it but deactivating it. I don't want to try it since it will delete all user data and delete the updates.

Sure?? I remember when I tried for first time that no....... it doesn't remove any user data, you are wrong..... the settings are stored in com.android.settings and com.android.settings.provider

About the updates it doesn't remove the updates.... the updates are part of playstore.apk/vending.apk and marketupdater.apk, not this.

I have news about playstore remote installation, it works!!!!! without this.
6th March 2013, 03:33 PM |#9  

More
I have three buttons in my google play services app info:
'Beenden erzwingen' - force close ?
'Updates deinstallieren' - uninstall updates
AND
'Deaktivieren' - deactivate

If I hit the deactivate button it asks me if I want to reset all user data and all updates.
Are you perhaps on an older android version that does not yet have this?
7th March 2013, 12:26 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I have three buttons in my google play services app info:
'Beenden erzwingen' - force close ?
'Updates deinstallieren' - uninstall updates
AND
'Deaktivieren' - deactivate

If I hit the deactivate button it asks me if I want to reset all user data and all updates.
Are you perhaps on an older android version that does not yet have this?

Mine is Gingerbread (Cyanogen Mod 7.2).

Deactivate is like do nothing. For example, I can with systemcleaner put this service apk on the blacklist , but every time that the service starts the application kills like task killer, but this is bad for CPU,RAM and finally batteries, because it scales the cpu mhz up every time that the service tries to reload.

Is the same that if you put a task killer, you can kill the application but it reload again....

I think that the newer versions of playstore/vending calls automatically this apk service.

The solution is to remove and there is no apk = no application installed = no intent receiver = no aplication starts.

The odex file prevent that android application installer (pacman?) install/update the android play service application apk.

This is because if you create a odex of any apk that you have installed and then delete the apk (no the odex), then reset. You could check that the application disapear from app drawler and android application manager but there is the odex file with the same name of the application. But now if you try to reinstall, the android application shows the message of insufficient space only for this application, you can install any other without problem. This is because the android application installer detects the odex file.

My solution is based on this.

Bye.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alecuba16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alecuba16 Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 06:04 PM |#11  
Tristan Island Settlement, Saint Helena
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Download playstore problems
Quote:

Hello!!

MANUAL:

END.

CWM flasheable:
Attachment 1769004]

Discovered Side-effects:

-loose the remote playstore install functionality (press install from playstore website from pc). , Remote playstore install works!!

I cant find playstore to download. How to get it after deleted? Another thing, I cant find com.google.android.gms-1.apk what I have is
com.google.android.gms-2.apk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)