Soft Bricked My Phone, and Volume Keys are broken

OP Parthp202

31st August 2014, 12:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I tried installing cyanogenmod 11 earlier today for my Samsung Exhilarate, and unfortunately I did something wrong and I believe I soft bricked the phone. The Samsung logo comes up, but other than that nothing else. I use to use an app to get to download mode, but since its bricked and my volume keys are broken I don't think there is anything I can do. If anyone has a suggestion, please tell me. If my parents found out I broke a phone I got a week and half ago they won't be very happy. THANKS!
31st August 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Wink bricked phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthp202

I tried installing cyanogenmod 11 earlier today for my Samsung Exhilarate, and unfortunately I did something wrong and I believe I soft bricked the phone. The Samsung logo comes up, but other than that nothing else. I use to use an app to get to download mode, but since its bricked and my volume keys are broken I don't think there is anything I can do. If anyone has a suggestion, please tell me. If my parents found out I broke a phone I got a week and half ago they won't be very happy. THANKS!

My son did the same trying to upgrade his Samsung galaxy S2 to KitKat with a low battery. If your carrier has a warranty site local or you have a Best Buy local either one can reflash the phone for you,free. If not call Samsung and you can mail it to them and they can do this free also. I am lucky I have an AT&T warranty location in town.
Check with your carrier they are usually not listed in yellow pages or Google.
Last edited by jmj8591; 31st August 2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: misspelling
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread