Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,325 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Szsion dual core A9 android 4.2 1024x600 car radios

Tip us?

maitrot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Audio Szsion dual core A9 android 4.2 1024x600 car radios

Szsion (i am not allowed to post links, google it, the first match is the one) produces quite nice android only (no ce) car navis that fit the design of different cars (audi, VW, mercedes, BMW, Kia, opel and many more).
I bought the Audi A3 version which looks quite like my now obsolete audi rns-e navigation plus.
I assume that the radios are technically all the same with different CAM bus boxes on the back and different designs. Sporting MStar SoCs (subsidary of Mediatek) they have a CPU powerful enough for car radio tasks and have a quite nice display.

I am also happy with the radio reception, which is as good as my original audi device. also i bought a realtek based dVB-T stick which enables me to use SDR along with digital radio, tv and FM in even better quality.
Navigation is VERY accurate, I even play ingress on it

The only issues I have at the moment is CAN bus support, which is because I got a pre-sale sample with some firmware problems regarding can bus support and I can't turn display brightness to full at the momenr, but that could be fixed with a new software.

So , do you guys know something about those devices ? Anybody else owns one? I just saw that DX.COM is also selling them, so chances are that I am not the only one with this nice device..

Greetings

getehem
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by maitrot View Post
Szsion (i am not allowed to post links, google it, the first match is the one) produces quite nice android only (no ce) car navis that fit the design of different cars (audi, VW, mercedes, BMW, Kia, opel and many more).
I bought the Audi A3 version which looks quite like my now obsolete audi rns-e navigation plus.
I assume that the radios are technically all the same with different CAM bus boxes on the back and different designs. Sporting MStar SoCs (subsidary of Mediatek) they have a CPU powerful enough for car radio tasks and have a quite nice display.

I am also happy with the radio reception, which is as good as my original audi device. also i bought a realtek based dVB-T stick which enables me to use SDR along with digital radio, tv and FM in even better quality.
Navigation is VERY accurate, I even play ingress on it

The only issues I have at the moment is CAN bus support, which is because I got a pre-sale sample with some firmware problems regarding can bus support and I can't turn display brightness to full at the momenr, but that could be fixed with a new software.

So , do you guys know something about those devices ? Anybody else owns one? I just saw that DX.COM is also selling them, so chances are that I am not the only one with this nice device..

Greetings
As a trading company selling car multimedia since 2007, we purchased some samples on may 15 ( all with either 8 Gb or 16 Gb storage memory). We are still expecting to see the first units....nothing has been shipped till now....
Also : SION shares it's office address with ZHINAVI, selling same units with another interface....please check what you'll find in XDA forums about this company...I don't want to comment publicly, only in private messages if you want.... For me they are sisters companies, even if SION denies it....I am rather anxious about this....

maitrot
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by getehem View Post
As a trading company selling car multimedia since 2007, we purchased some samples on may 15 ( all with either 8 Gb or 16 Gb storage memory). We are still expecting to see the first units....nothing has been shipped till now....
Also : SION shares it's office address with ZHINAVI, selling same units with another interface....please check what you'll find in XDA forums about this company...I don't want to comment publicly, only in private messages if you want.... For me they are sisters companies, even if SION denies it....I am rather anxious about this....
Don't worry about not getting the devices. They exist
It seems that they are having some trouble with CAN conectivity which they claim is a software issue. I insisted on getting my device anyway and putting on software updates later on. Linkey is very nice if you ask her ...
They could also send me just 4gig model since 8 and 16 are not available yet.

They could, however communicate the problems a little more and not letting us wait 2 months without delivery, a mail saying that it will take some time would be nice...

The launcher they use is very nice, like on the pictures. The cpu is powerful enough for car tasks, gps is awesome. I have the best snr i ever had on any of my android devices.
Dvd playback works, radio is good. As I already said.

Anbody knows a rooting technique that MAY work with the mstar cpu?