Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,373 Members 47,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Szsion dual core A9 android 4.2 1024x600 car radios

Tip us?

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The entire Car info app doesnt work I think either the software or the canbus is faulty
Since the unit turns on and off when the car power is activated the can bus must be working to some extent.

To the guy whose system isnt working maybe the canbus connection has a problem?

My play store now permanently doesnt work, my music.apk usually freezes 4 times before working well..
I use google maps plus navigation for Navi and it works well.

Has anybody found a way of changing the startup logo?

Any ideas of how to prevent the system from stopping music while in reverse?

jasiug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have also ordered this unit (SA-704) on friday, will share my impressions when it arrives. So in about 2 weeks or so. Little worried about what's already been posted here, but no turning back now I guess

chirilas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've got a scion unit. The wiring is mostly wrong as in the cables don't correspond with the labels. After the latest update and playing around with the !(123)= its now working rather well.
Gps igo is awesome. Brightness issue was sorted and a few sound improvments to.

Carinfo app doesn't work. Canbus seems to work to some extent as the unit turns on and of with the key and cables wired to the canbus wires on the car.

In the settings menu you can select how the lights on the unit will react to turning the car lights on and of. these settings are quite important so the ilumination doesn't stay on all the time. you can also select how long the unit will be in sleep mode before it completely turns itself off. I chose 1h.

Does anyone have a pin out diagram? I need to rewire my aux in and camera rca.

Also, what does the pink cable do? Does it rely on negative ground to activate camera input?
How do I get reverse camera to work?

I ordered mine with dvb-t but that doesn't work. Doesn't pick up any channels haha.

BT microphone is dud to but have asked supplier for an external mic. Was hoping to get a wiring diagram and wire in my own microphone to the rear of the unit.

Screen is much brighter after recent update. The only bad thing is that even after setting up what each button should do, the radio app doesn't change station between the preset ones via the big toggle wheel anymore. Used to do it before the update.
Toggle wheel and changing tracks works with spotify and other apps tho which is good.

OH about to forget. My unit doesn't take CD's!! cd goes in almost all the way then gets stuck and comes back out again. might have to unscrew the top of the unit and see why the cd doesn't go all the way in.

jxh99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirilas View Post
I've got a scion unit. The wiring is mostly wrong as in the cables don't correspond with the labels.
It amazes me that they don't provide an accurate wiring diagram. To reduce support queries, you'd think that would be the first thing you'd get right.

Quote:
I ordered mine with dvb-t but that doesn't work..
Did you order direct from sion, or from someone else? How have you found support so far?

What vehicle?

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I've got a scion unit. The wiring is mostly wrong as in the cables don't correspond with the labels. After the latest update and playing around with the !(123)= its now working rather well.
Gps igo is awesome. Brightness issue was sorted and a few sound improvments to.

Carinfo app doesn't work. Canbus seems to work to some extent as the unit turns on and of with the key and cables wired to the canbus wires on the car.

In the settings menu you can select how the lights on the unit will react to turning the car lights on and of. these settings are quite important so the ilumination doesn't stay on all the time. you can also select how long the unit will be in sleep mode before it completely turns itself off. I chose 1h.

Does anyone have a pin out diagram? I need to rewire my aux in and camera rca.

Also, what does the pink cable do? Does it rely on negative ground to activate camera input?
How do I get reverse camera to work?

I ordered mine with dvb-t but that doesn't work. Doesn't pick up any channels haha.

BT microphone is dud to but have asked supplier for an external mic. Was hoping to get a wiring diagram and wire in my own microphone to the rear of the unit.

Screen is much brighter after recent update. The only bad thing is that even after setting up what each button should do, the radio app doesn't change station between the preset ones via the big toggle wheel anymore. Used to do it before the update.
Toggle wheel and changing tracks works with spotify and other apps tho which is good.

OH about to forget. My unit doesn't take CD's!! cd goes in almost all the way then gets stuck and comes back out again. might have to unscrew the top of the unit and see why the cd doesn't go all the way in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasiug View Post
I have also ordered this unit (SA-704) on friday, will share my impressions when it arrives. So in about 2 weeks or so. Little worried about what's already been posted here, but no turning back now I guess
Pin out diagram should be on top of the unit you have to look at the diagram based on the port at the back of the unit rather than the socket itself, you will find then that the wires correspond mostly

You have to remove the two screws on the top of the unit before you can use the CD, found that out later

Yes I finally figured how to update my unit with the update, GPS Slot for my Audi A4 version was the one on the right, copy the update folder to a SD Card, Slot in the GPS Slot, press and hold down the Power button and Eject button together and it goes into Android recovery and recovers from the SD card, if no card in slot will recover from Root storage

Lots of new features after update, Slightly new look to radio app, the radio can be paused from the pull down menu on the top left, the music app has stopped crashing, I can go to the play store, the music app has new equalizer features of loud and something else in Chinese.

The extra car settings finally gives some control of the rear view camera, back-light etc. now the unit is actually quite wonderful to have.

Before the update i had no access to the 16GB iNand flash memory i was promised, i thought i had been ripped off. Now i can copy things freely!!
Having a few issues trying to access the media files on the iNand from the music player but will try work around it

Bluetooth mic doesn't seem to work with me too and had issues with the phone book before the update, yet to check how it is now but at first it was dialing wrong numbers.

Also ordered DVB-T module which didn't pick a single station don't know whether its the antenna or the module.

Try configuring the toggle wheel in the extra settings !(123) menu to skip tracks forwards and backwards and see if there is a difference

In summary after the update i feel i have a really powerful, great looking Android device at last!

car info app no longer says canbus error but in the menu there should be a menu to choose the car model which isnt there?

My illumination still seems to be misbehaving though will toggle some more though.

Many Thanks to Vladimir for the update file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Canbus.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (93.8 KB, 20 views)

Vladimir2k9
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Great desription.
With my bad english i can not write so big overview.
car info with can bus choose, i found only in extra config menu !(123) and choose can bus there.

Now i wait can bus update for normal work of car systems. I am more satisfied with this firmware, too.

Отправлено с моего HTC Vision через Tapatalk

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir2k9 View Post
Great desription.
With my bad english i can not write so big overview.
car info with can bus choose, i found only in extra config menu !(123) and choose can bus there.

Now i wait can bus update for normal work of car systems. I am more satisfied with this firmware, too.

Отправлено с моего HTC Vision через Tapatalk
Thanks found the selection for Canbus in the hidden menu. Car Info app works now to some extent, shows the speed when driving but no information on the climate control system.

Bluetooth now works better with phone book unlike previously.

I guess the only problems left are despite the backlight options being turned to headlight relation as soon as you power off the car the panel key lights turn on.

Radio issue: Using the toggle knob highlights the presets but doesn't automatically select unlike previously. Need to configure a key for enter function in order to select preset.

jxh99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sounds like the unit is starting to work well for you guys

In the meantime, I have a dead one, which I'd like to return to Sion for repair. But Linkey doesn't seem to be logged in to Alibaba chat these days, and that's the only way I was ever able to communicate with them (ie engage her when she is online). They've never responded to emails (to the plostar01 address).

Any suggestions how best to get a response out of sion?