Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,906 Members 42,649 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Szsion dual core A9 android 4.2 1024x600 car radios

Tip us?

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir2k9 View Post
Bought and install this
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6197540484.html
and usb did not work in android. Section B not work too

But better news, replaced ntfs-3g.ko from an-21 head unit and my flash drive with ntfs began work. Before cannot write files, only read.
How does this fit or work with our units?

Vladimir2k9
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetwok View Post
How does this fit or work with our units?
we have only one usb port.

But can use ntfs driver from other head unit.

Find intersting head unit
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...761448176.html
Description the same.

jasiug
Old
(Last edited by jasiug; 17th September 2014 at 10:07 AM.) Reason: missing word
Thanks Meter 0
Alright, I got my unit for some time now. I've updated the xls spreadsheet with my experiences and I'd like to add more, but..
Maybe there's something wrong with me but I cant get the headunit back out from the dashboard at all. On the front I got 2 holes that fit 2 out of 4 removal keys that came with the unit (and with which I was able to easily take out the rnse). The bottom right gets stuck inside as it should, the upper left does not. Nevertheless, when pulling the bottom right the whole thing won't even budge. Anyone got any idea, or can provide a photo of the removal mechanism of their units so I can figure this out somehow? (so I can post my wiring diagram, figure out how to connect this goddamn antenna, etc.)

Thanks in advance
J

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasiug View Post
Alright, I got my unit for some time now. I've updated the xls spreadsheet with my experiences and I'd like to add more, but..
Maybe there's something wrong with me but I cant get the headunit back out from the dashboard at all. On the front I got 2 holes that fit 2 out of 4 removal keys that came with the unit (and with which I was able to easily take out the rnse). The bottom right gets stuck inside as it should, the upper left does not. Nevertheless, when pulling the bottom right the whole thing won't even budge. Anyone got any idea, or can provide a photo of the removal mechanism of their units so I can figure this out somehow? (so I can post my wiring diagram, figure out how to connect this goddamn antenna, etc.)

Thanks in advance
J
My unit the removal keys all fit and the unit comes out well. Some units the keys need to be turned either inward or outwards in order to remove the unit. All 4 keys need to be in the unit though otherwise it may not budge.

The antenna connection may need an adaptor if your original unit uses a diversity antenna. I had to cut my wires and rejoin them to the socket supplied for the unit.

jasiug
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks bluetwok, appreciate your response and advice regarding the antenna.
It seems the unit won't give up so easily, the attached picture shows what I ended up with - stuck 2 out of three keys, brute force does not work either. Sorry for blurred pic - my optics are bit scratched. Also, contrary to common logic (or my logic at least) both right keys had to be inserted in opposite directions.

Anyways, it's not a hardware forum so I'll keep further hardware adventures to myself. Just posted it for the update and experience sharing sake.

Will be back with software summary.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1411042848149.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (59.3 KB, 24 views)

bluetwok
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasiug View Post
Thanks bluetwok, appreciate your response and advice regarding the antenna.
It seems the unit won't give up so easily, the attached picture shows what I ended up with - stuck 2 out of three keys, brute force does not work either. Sorry for blurred pic - my optics are bit scratched. Also, contrary to common logic (or my logic at least) both right keys had to be inserted in opposite directions.

Anyways, it's not a hardware forum so I'll keep further hardware adventures to myself. Just posted it for the update and experience sharing sake.

Will be back with software summary.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
You seem to have the exact same unit I do. Mine only has 3 slots for removal. I actually never pushed mine all the way untill my installation waw finished. Maybe you should try a different set of removal keys

AndreyMikhaylov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir2k9 View Post
we have only one usb port.

But can use ntfs driver from other head unit.

Find intersting head unit
...aliexpress.com/.../1197791_1761448176.html
Description the same.
It is very interesting. In that unit bluetooth is more functional than in ours. It supports OBDII. I think we can try to install bluetooth drivers to our unit from it. Maybe all firmware is compatible with our unit, like in some chinese phones.
Also that unit has a little different body than mine. SD cards are placed a little different, and there are no holes in the upper right corner marked "IR" like in mine unit.

chirilas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default reverse camera

Sooo for all you guys that have an A6 and the canbus doesn't recognise when the car is in reverse and thus doesn't show the image from the reverse camera - there is a solution!

Find the brown cable coming out of the rear of the unit.

Connect the brown cable to a separate switch and connect the switch to +12V. Flick the switch and voila! the unit turns over and receives the image from the reverse camera

Also using the separate switch means you can have it running all the time if you so want.

Hope this is helpful to some of you.

If anyone gets an update for the latest canbus please share it =)