FORUMS

Is the LG G4’s Camera Really DSLR-worthy?

After months of anticipation, the LG G4 was finally unveiled today, showing off an … more

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Szsion dual core A9 android 4.2 1024x600 car radios

26th February 2015, 09:40 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimraynn

Music player
I'll admit I kinda like the music player app's layout, but it doesn't seem to work properly. It'll play my music, but I've got two issues, one is a minor one, the other is a massive one.
The minor issue is that every time I start the app from fresh, it's turned shuffle off. Not a big deal to just press the shuffle button, but why does it do that?!
The major issue is that it has no real ability to read ID3 tags. I use iTunes (latest version) on either my MacBook Pro (10.10.1) or my desktop PC (Win8.1) to copy files to a microSD card which I've placed in the left hand SD slot on the unit. They're all MP3 320KBPS files, sorted into a folder structure generally of: SDCardRoot\Music\Artist\Album\01 Track Name.mp3. The music player app is able to find all these files, but the tags are all wrong. It's getting the tags from random other files, ones that I have on there, but they rarely match the file... The track name will always be the filename, the rest is random. For example, I'll be playing for example, "I Feel You Now" by "Moog" from the album "I Feel You Now [Single]". The music player will tell me I'm playing "01 I Feel You Now" by "David Gray" from the album "Hybrid Theory". More often than not (but not always), the artist and album match each other, so it might say "Linkin Park" and "Hybrid Theory" which match each other, but they'll still be miles off the actual track. Any other device I've used has no problems reading the tags, although admittedly I've not yet tried another media player.
In the event I try another media player and it works fine (which I expect to be highly likely), is it possible to change the "Music" button on the home screen so point to the new app?

A weird one with this part of it. This morning, I came out to the car and it'd shut down so started from cold boot. Once it booted up, opened the Music player and had no music!

Saw a menu button, so pressed that and had a list of:

ALL
SD
USB
iNAND

If I select "All" it tells me that's what I'm already viewing. If I select SD, it says "sdhcDoes not exist". If I select USB, it says "usbDoes not exist". I didn't try iNAND as I don't know what that is.

I ejected the SD card from the left slot (the one labelled "SD CARD") and a message pops up at the top of the screen to say SD card removed. When I reinsert it, it says "Preparing SD card" at the top. Once that message clears, give it a few minutes, still no music!

Opened up the file explorer and I can see a "C:" and "D:" tab (pretending to be Windows??). The "D:" tab shows me my SD card contents and I can see all my music on the car. So why can't the unit find it?

If I tap on an MP3 player, the Music player pops up and starts playing the track. AND it gets the tags right! The tracks I tried with I know it fluffed the tags before, but this time they're correct! But after it's finished playing the track, it just starts it again. The "Repeat" option is set to "All" not "Single", so it's not like I've told it to repeat that track. There are about 40 tracks in this particular folder, so I'd have expected it to pick another track in that folder... but no, it just plays that one track on loop, you have to go back out and use the file explorer to find your next track, every time.

As a test, I thought seeing as Android is going to be reading both SD card slots, wondered if it would read it if I put it in the right hand slot (the one labelled "GPS CARD"). Ejected the card and swapped it over, as soon as it's done "Preparing SD card", the Music player pops up with everything in the library! I remember when I first installed the unit, it took a few minutes to run through and work everything out, but this time it didn't, it just found it all instantly, so it knows its the same card with the same music, but it's reading it from the different slot. And now all the tags have messed up again as well

Swapped the card back to the left SD card slot, Music still can't read it but File Explorer can. Swap it back into the right SD card slot, Music can read it.

So TL;DR version:
It stopped reading my SD card in the left slot, but found it again as soon as I put it in the right slot.
Music player can read tags perfectly if you open the file directly, but not if you let it auto-discover the tracks in the library.

Weird

9th March 2015, 09:35 AM |#142  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi all,

I've bought an Android untit with the 1024x600 display.
I've a major problem, I've just installed Chrome, Waze, Sygic (maps not installed) and Poweramp (music on microSD) and I can't update my apps "insufficient space" ... but I've 2 x 32Go microSD card and more than 4/5Go on the internal memory.

For infomartion it's a BMW E39 version.

Here is some pictures.

Thanks !
9th March 2015, 01:30 PM |#143  
Flag Ufa
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharnm

Hi all,

I've bought an Android untit with the 1024x600 display.
I've a major problem, I've just installed Chrome, Waze, Sygic (maps not installed) and Poweramp (music on microSD) and I can't update my apps "insufficient space" ... but I've 2 x 32Go microSD card and more than 4/5Go on the internal memory.

For infomartion it's a BMW E39 version.

Thanks !

Because only 600Mb for /data
Try something like APP2SD applications from play store.
9th March 2015, 01:55 PM |#144  
Flag Paris

More
Ok thanks, is there any method to root ?
31st March 2015, 01:26 PM |#145  
Flag Ufa
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharnm

Ok thanks, is there any method to root ?

You can root with baiduroot program.

Second method to increase /data partition is
change file set_partition in
.....\update2014-..-..-class\update\bin\

Code:
# userdata partition(682MB)
emmc create data 0x2AA00000
for example
0x80000000 = 2048 MB

or
0x0C800000 = 200 MB ;
0x10000000 = 256 MB ;
0x18000000 = 384 MB ;
0x20000000 = 512 MB ;
0x28000000 = 640 MB ;
0x30000000 = 768 MB ;
0x38000000 = 896 MB ;
0x40000000 = 1024 MB
The Following User Says Thank You to Vladimir2k9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2015, 09:03 PM |#146  

More
Hi

I have the same unit as Mike and would like to update the firmware etc. I'm also interested in installing a better microphone as the hands free phone audio is extremely bad.

Any pointers appreciated.

Cheers
Eric
20th April 2015, 11:42 AM |#147  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimraynn

I've had a read through this thread, so apologies if any of this has been covered.

I have an "Andrive AN46-3", a pure Android headunit designed for the BMW E46 3-series. The unit I had before was an "Andrive AN46 Gen2" which was one of the older WinCE/Android combo head units. The gen2 worked fine, it was just silly slow. I purchased the gen3 as an update so that I'd have a newer version of Android, faster processor, more memory, etc etc.

When I've gone through the settings, this Andrive unit appears to be a re-branded Szsion unit. I've always been under the impression the guys at Andrive made some tweaks and changes to their units, but how true this is, I have no idea. Unfortuantely Andrive have gone into insolvency around the same time I purchased the unit, apparently their supplier (Assumed Szsion) took a huge sum of money and ran away. This sounds vaguely in-line with some of the comments about lack of support and sudden disappearance of their representatives.

The unit reports the following information in the "About Car" tab under Settings:

Model Number Full AOSP on MStar Cedric3
Android Version 4.2
Baseband version Unknown
Kernel version 3.4.5 gerrit@canplay-server) ) #3 SMP Wed Jul 30 11:06:10 CST 2014
Build number Lemon-userdebug 4.2.1 JRO03C eng..20140730.004153 test-keys
MCU version Cp_Lemon_1.13 May 21 2014
Support support@szsion.com

The rest of my setup consists of:

JBL GTO-5355 amplifier
JBL GTO-609c component front speakers
JBL GTO-629 coaxial rear speakers
JBL GT5-12 subwoofer
3x FLI FireFLI RCA cables
4AWG wiring kit for amplifier

I've only had the headunit installed a few days, so some things may be simple to resolve, but I've noticed some people mention similar issues, so maybe not so easy to resolve. These are the issues I've found so far...

Sub-out
I've got a 4-pin cable that has two cables. MIC and SUB-OUT. The only place I can see for it to fit is block C, but this is labelled CAN_TX and CAN_RX, which sounds like it's for something completely different. I've connected it anyway and noticed a few things.
Firstly, the sub seems really quiet (if it's even on at all, although I think it was receiving some signal. I've unplugged it today and do notice a difference).
Secondly, in the audio settings there is a sub level setting, but no matter what I do, this setting absolutely nothing to the volume of the sub.
Thirdly, I get terrible interference over my speakers (which are run by the same amplifier, albeit on different channels) when the sub is connected. I'll admit I think I have some issue with the amplifier as I always had some minor interference on the speakers anyway, which I still get when the sub is disconnected, however the intereferece is significantly greater when the sub RCAs are connected.

Reverse camera
I don't have a reversing camera, but every time I put the car in reverse, it changes the output to the reversing camera, thus cutting the audio. Is there a way to stop doing this? On the Gen2, it was dealt with by the WinCE side and there was a simple ON/OFF setting. I can't find such a setting on the Gen3. I can find in the General Settings a "Reverse" setting, but it only gives me options of "Normal" or "Mirrored", which suggests it's just flipping the camera image rather than giving me the option to turn it off. Am I missing something here? If there is no setting, is there a cable I could disconnect or something so that the unit isn't aware of reverse gear?

Music player
I'll admit I kinda like the music player app's layout, but it doesn't seem to work properly. It'll play my music, but I've got two issues, one is a minor one, the other is a massive one.
The minor issue is that every time I start the app from fresh, it's turned shuffle off. Not a big deal to just press the shuffle button, but why does it do that?!
The major issue is that it has no real ability to read ID3 tags. I use iTunes (latest version) on either my MacBook Pro (10.10.1) or my desktop PC (Win8.1) to copy files to a microSD card which I've placed in the left hand SD slot on the unit. They're all MP3 320KBPS files, sorted into a folder structure generally of: SDCardRoot\Music\Artist\Album\01 Track Name.mp3. The music player app is able to find all these files, but the tags are all wrong. It's getting the tags from random other files, ones that I have on there, but they rarely match the file... The track name will always be the filename, the rest is random. For example, I'll be playing for example, "I Feel You Now" by "Moog" from the album "I Feel You Now [Single]". The music player will tell me I'm playing "01 I Feel You Now" by "David Gray" from the album "Hybrid Theory". More often than not (but not always), the artist and album match each other, so it might say "Linkin Park" and "Hybrid Theory" which match each other, but they'll still be miles off the actual track. Any other device I've used has no problems reading the tags, although admittedly I've not yet tried another media player.
In the event I try another media player and it works fine (which I expect to be highly likely), is it possible to change the "Music" button on the home screen so point to the new app?

Bluetooth
I have an HTC One M8 phone which I want to pair to the unit for hands-free. I don't care about anything else like media streaming or file sharing, purely hands-free phone calls. This worked fine on the Gen2 (where again, the Bluetooth side was handled by the WinCE interface), however it keeps connecting/disconnecting constantly on the Gen3. I open up the Bluetooth app and it pops up saying "No device connected" with a name and passcode to connect to. I open up the bluetooth settings on my phone and can see the unit. Tap it, enter the passcode and it connects. The phone says its connected, but the unit still says no device connected. After a few seconds, the bluetooth icon appears on the toolbar and the app says its connected and lets me use it, but within 5-10 seconds, it disconnects again. It'll automatically reconnect another 5-10 seconds, then disconnect and run round in that loop until I get annoyed and turn off bluetooth on my phone. Each time it disconnects, it very briefly cuts the audio. Only for something like half a second, but enough to get irritating.

Torque & OBD2
I've installed TorquePro from the App Store and hooked up a USB ELM327 cable to one of the rear USB ports on the unit. When I open Torque, it can't find the USB adapter at all. By default it was looking over Bluetooth for the adapter so I changed the settings to point to USB but it can't find the OBD adapter. Admittedly I've not looked through many settings yet nor tried another app yet.
TorqueLite works fine on my phone when paired to a bluetooth adapter, so Torque can definitely talk to the E46 without any issues. I don't want to leave a bluetooth adapter permanently connected to the car as for whatever reason, mine is still active without the ignition on so thinking from a security point of view, I don't want to allow any wireless access when I'm not in the car.

I think so far those are the only issues I've come across. My car doesn't have steering wheel controls (yet) so I can't comment on whether they work. I've got a new steering wheel with controls on order to be fitted though so I will give this a go when I have the time.

Are any of these known issues or things that are easy to resolve? I notice some people have newer firmware versions. Is this something available to update and install, and if so, what are the risks involved in doing this?

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mate,

i've managed to get Torque Pro / lite working with a £10 Wireless ELM 327 OBD adapter.

It doesent stay connected it goes off with ignition unlike the bluetooth adaptors. Works perfectly however, to reconnect each time you have to open wireless manager first then press the on button on adapter, if it doesn't pick it up in 10 secs turn it off and on again. but all my sensors work the same way and clearing codes etc.

This is the exact one i have,

can't add URL lol ebay item number: 230978167304

however i found a UK seller to get it quicker.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I have a question regarding the music player also , it's hard to navigate as soon as you load a lot of songs into storage, if the album tab worked well it wouldn't be that bad, has anyone else got the same issue where the album tab doesn't refresh correctly so clicking on the album art gives a blank list?

I have started using double twist music player which seems much better, my question is does anyone know how to make the "music" button on the main menu open a different app?

My system info:

FULL AOSP on MStar Cedric3
Android version4.2 ( it's definitely 4.1 Jelly bean when you keep tapping build number it displays the jelly bean)
Baseband: Unkown
Kernal Version: 3.4.5
Build number: Lemon-userdebug 4.2.1 JRO03C eng..20140716.003813 test-
MCU version: Cp_Lemon_1.13 May 21 2014

Audi A4 RNS-e looking device fitted to S3 8L with BOSE system (which was a right pain to get sorted as my amp remote cable stopped working on the day i fitted it)
20th April 2015, 04:06 PM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Prompt
By my experience, the Bluetooth is piece of crap. I Really got feed up by trying to set up this thing. I Found out that this is buuggy and when I really want to use, I need to reboot the device.

BUT the only way to make the bluetooth to work is doing the cold reboot, the hot reboot (the one when you press and hold the volume button) doesn“t "reset" the bluetooth system.

I Had to use the baiduroot net in order to get root and than install "quick boot" . Quickboot will give you several options, one of then is POWEROFF. dont you EVER touch this option. !!!! Cause the only way to turn it on again is by remove the powercable from the unit and install it again (unassembly your entire dash just to do that is a pain in the ass)

I have a 600 Gigabytes HardDrive using FAT32 file system connected in one of the two usb ports (the other one doens“t recognize the harddrive)
In order to play songs I use TINYPLAYER. Very very nice little player that plays every single type of song files including FLAC .
FOR VIDEOS I Use MX PLAYER PRO.

I could not figure out the SUBWOOF exit so I had to use the auxiliar exit in order to connect my subwoof .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkP85

Hi Mate,

i've managed to get Torque Pro / lite working with a £10 Wireless ELM 327 OBD adapter.

It doesent stay connected it goes off with ignition unlike the bluetooth adaptors. Works perfectly however, to reconnect each time you have to open wireless manager first then press the on button on adapter, if it doesn't pick it up in 10 secs turn it off and on again. but all my sensors work the same way and clearing codes etc.

This is the exact one i have,

can't add URL lol ebay item number: 230978167304

however i found a UK seller to get it quicker.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I have a question regarding the music player also , it's hard to navigate as soon as you load a lot of songs into storage, if the album tab worked well it wouldn't be that bad, has anyone else got the same issue where the album tab doesn't refresh correctly so clicking on the album art gives a blank list?

I have started using double twist music player which seems much better, my question is does anyone know how to make the "music" button on the main menu open a different app?

My system info:

FULL AOSP on MStar Cedric3
Android version4.2 ( it's definitely 4.1 Jelly bean when you keep tapping build number it displays the jelly bean)
Baseband: Unkown
Kernal Version: 3.4.5
Build number: Lemon-userdebug 4.2.1 JRO03C eng..20140716.003813 test-
MCU version: Cp_Lemon_1.13 May 21 2014

Audi A4 RNS-e looking device fitted to S3 8L with BOSE system (which was a right pain to get sorted as my amp remote cable stopped working on the day i fitted it)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread