FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Teclast P98 Air - 9.7" Allwinner A80T Android tablet

22nd March 2015, 07:48 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

The tablet is great, but has one, big, unbelievable flaw, it does not have a gyroscope. How is it possible for a tablet to be promoted as gaming machine and not include such a simple component? I'm on the edge to sell it, I mainly bought it for my kids to play games and now they are frustrated as they cannot play games the way they used to.
Anyway, before selling it, I will try to make it work with a gamepad. I use the custom rom provided by gizchina. Is there someone that uses a controller and can confirm that it works flawlessly? I have tried 3 different controllers (two Saiteks and one Sweex) and none of them works perfectly, all three present some problems. Thanks!
@IainAF. I missed your posts when you posted them, I just read them. I am glad that everything worked out well for you. The tablet is truly great, given its price. After installing the custom ROM, rooting and installing a good launcher (I would suggest Nova launcher), the tablet is a first grade device in every aspect. If only it had a gysoscope!..

Say, how do you know, that there's no gyroscope? Description shows that there is. You can check with Z-DeviceTest
 
 
22nd March 2015, 08:53 PM |#42  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Say, how do you know, that there's no gyroscope? Description shows that there is. You can check with Z-DeviceTest

If you look here in the "sensors" sections, you'll see that the only sensor mentioned is the G sensor. Moreover, P98 air does not have GPS, so that probably means that there's no gyroscope. Finally, I've used a program like the one you mentioned and no gyroscope was found. Are you sure that it has a gyroscope?
Nevertheless, gameplay does not suffer, at least at the games I play. Real Racing 3 and all of the flight simulators I played work fine.
22nd March 2015, 10:40 PM |#43  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

If you look here in the "sensors" sections, you'll see that the only sensor mentioned is the G sensor. Moreover, P98 air does not have GPS, so that probably means that there's no gyroscope. Finally, I've used a program like the one you mentioned and no gyroscope was found. Are you sure that it has a gyroscope?
Nevertheless, gameplay does not suffer, at least at the games I play. Real Racing 3 and all of the flight simulators I played work fine.

Loke at the lowest section here http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/P98Airc8/ g+g and gravity sensor. Dunno what is g+g.
23rd March 2015, 07:52 AM |#44  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Loke at the lowest section here http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/P98Airc8/ g+g and gravity sensor. Dunno what is g+g.

Me neither. But at the lowest part, at the "other functions" there's something called "G+G smooth touchscreen". I am not sure that this refers to a gyroscope. The bottom line for me is that gameplay is not affected to the games my children play and that's enough for me
23rd March 2015, 09:41 PM |#45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

Me neither. But at the lowest part, at the "other functions" there's something called "G+G smooth touchscreen". I am not sure that this refers to a gyroscope. The bottom line for me is that gameplay is not affected to the games my children play and that's enough for me

Would you mind, plz, to download the rom and turbo patch from http://www.gizchina.de/downloads/cat...0-p98-air.html and reupload it to some other mirror? By some reason, it doesn't let me download, though I'm registered
Last edited by rgnr; 24th March 2015 at 06:09 AM.
24th March 2015, 07:41 PM |#46  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Would you mind, plz, to download the rom and turbo patch from http://www.gizchina.de/downloads/cat...0-p98-air.html and reupload it to some other mirror? By some reason, it doesn't let me download, though I'm registered

I couldn't download it either, because I was using firefox. Try with Explorer and if the problem persists, I'll try to upload it for you.
24th March 2015, 09:58 PM |#47  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

I couldn't download it either, because I was using firefox. Try with Explorer and if the problem persists, I'll try to upload it for you.

There was a problem on the server, but it is fixed now, so I got both rom and turbo patch
21st May 2015, 04:33 PM |#48  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
My microSD module is broken, so I am searching for a replacement. Does anyone know its specifications (module manufacturer, model number) and, if possible, help me find it? Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p98-air
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes