FORUMS

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

Xiaomi Releases Kernel Source Code For Mi4i

If you’ve been following the XDA News Portal lately, you might have noticed an … more

Teclast P98 Air - 9.7" Allwinner A80T Android tablet

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By urban15, Junior Member on 4th September 2014, 12:17 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd March 2015, 07:48 PM |#41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

The tablet is great, but has one, big, unbelievable flaw, it does not have a gyroscope. How is it possible for a tablet to be promoted as gaming machine and not include such a simple component? I'm on the edge to sell it, I mainly bought it for my kids to play games and now they are frustrated as they cannot play games the way they used to.
Anyway, before selling it, I will try to make it work with a gamepad. I use the custom rom provided by gizchina. Is there someone that uses a controller and can confirm that it works flawlessly? I have tried 3 different controllers (two Saiteks and one Sweex) and none of them works perfectly, all three present some problems. Thanks!
@IainAF. I missed your posts when you posted them, I just read them. I am glad that everything worked out well for you. The tablet is truly great, given its price. After installing the custom ROM, rooting and installing a good launcher (I would suggest Nova launcher), the tablet is a first grade device in every aspect. If only it had a gysoscope!..

Say, how do you know, that there's no gyroscope? Description shows that there is. You can check with Z-DeviceTest
 
 
22nd March 2015, 08:53 PM |#42  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Say, how do you know, that there's no gyroscope? Description shows that there is. You can check with Z-DeviceTest

If you look here in the "sensors" sections, you'll see that the only sensor mentioned is the G sensor. Moreover, P98 air does not have GPS, so that probably means that there's no gyroscope. Finally, I've used a program like the one you mentioned and no gyroscope was found. Are you sure that it has a gyroscope?
Nevertheless, gameplay does not suffer, at least at the games I play. Real Racing 3 and all of the flight simulators I played work fine.
22nd March 2015, 10:40 PM |#43  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

If you look here in the "sensors" sections, you'll see that the only sensor mentioned is the G sensor. Moreover, P98 air does not have GPS, so that probably means that there's no gyroscope. Finally, I've used a program like the one you mentioned and no gyroscope was found. Are you sure that it has a gyroscope?
Nevertheless, gameplay does not suffer, at least at the games I play. Real Racing 3 and all of the flight simulators I played work fine.

Loke at the lowest section here http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/P98Airc8/ g+g and gravity sensor. Dunno what is g+g.
23rd March 2015, 07:52 AM |#44  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Loke at the lowest section here http://www.teclast.com/en/zt/P98Airc8/ g+g and gravity sensor. Dunno what is g+g.

Me neither. But at the lowest part, at the "other functions" there's something called "G+G smooth touchscreen". I am not sure that this refers to a gyroscope. The bottom line for me is that gameplay is not affected to the games my children play and that's enough for me
23rd March 2015, 09:41 PM |#45  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

Me neither. But at the lowest part, at the "other functions" there's something called "G+G smooth touchscreen". I am not sure that this refers to a gyroscope. The bottom line for me is that gameplay is not affected to the games my children play and that's enough for me

Would you mind, plz, to download the rom and turbo patch from http://www.gizchina.de/downloads/cat...0-p98-air.html and reupload it to some other mirror? By some reason, it doesn't let me download, though I'm registered
Last edited by rgnr; 24th March 2015 at 06:09 AM.
24th March 2015, 07:41 PM |#46  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnr

Would you mind, plz, to download the rom and turbo patch from http://www.gizchina.de/downloads/cat...0-p98-air.html and reupload it to some other mirror? By some reason, it doesn't let me download, though I'm registered

I couldn't download it either, because I was using firefox. Try with Explorer and if the problem persists, I'll try to upload it for you.
24th March 2015, 09:58 PM |#47  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissakis

I couldn't download it either, because I was using firefox. Try with Explorer and if the problem persists, I'll try to upload it for you.

There was a problem on the server, but it is fixed now, so I got both rom and turbo patch
21st May 2015, 04:33 PM |#48  
Melissakis's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
My microSD module is broken, so I am searching for a replacement. Does anyone know its specifications (module manufacturer, model number) and, if possible, help me find it? Thanks!
18th June 2015, 06:58 PM |#49  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Storage Full problem
I recently bought Teclast P98 4G (2015 Edition with 2 GB RAM). When I go to Settings -> Storage, on the top it shows 2 entries under "ROM Information": Internal Storage: 2 GB and Internal ROM: 16 GB.

As I start to install applications, it keeps to be consuming space from "Internal Storage", and it already shows it is full>70%. Very soon, I'll be getting "Space not available" error. This has already happened once before, and I had to factory reset the tablet since I thought I did something wrong.

Anyone having the tablet, have you faced similar problem?

Take a look at the enclosed pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-06-20-20.png
Views:	20
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	3368813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-06-20-32.png
Views:	20
Size:	201.5 KB
ID:	3368814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-06-20-53.png
Views:	20
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	3368815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-06-17-06-21-01.png
Views:	18
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	3368816  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
p98-air
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes