FORUMS

Hauwei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

OnePlus 2 Bares All in New Tear Down Gallery

Last year, the launch of the OnePlus One, dubbed ‘the flagship killer’, visibly … more

Focus – An Attractive But Raw Gallery Replacement

Focus is an attractive new app built by XDA members Liam Spradlin … more

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

Root Lenovo S8 A7600 Golden Warrior

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By XxpikaachuuxX, Member on 22nd June 2015, 09:15 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Note: This Tutorial is for the Lenovo S8 7600 MOBILE Only! Theres a Tablet named the same, dont get confused.

Warning: Your Warranty is void. I am not responsible for any kind of bricks or software failure! Only for MTK6752 not 6752M! And not for the same Numbered Tablet. this guide is for the Phone.

The Lenovo S8 7600 Golden Warrior is a very nice phone with some quite good specs. Only cons I could find was that it has none of community and tons of bloatware which is unremovable. Yet!
Lets root it, Guys.

You Need:
1.The Lenovo Firmware including Chinese TWRP which is provided here by me:
(Thats the only one i could find. If anyone is Brave enough to make an English Version and wants to upload it for this thread fell free to do it.)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz...R00&authuser=0

2.SP Flash Tools. This will be Needed for flashing the Sock Rom Incl. Recovery. Version 5.13xxxx Minimum Requied.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zx...v5.1452.00.zip

3. The Meadiatek Driver(Explains itself i think)
http://d-h.st/1PN

4. The SuperSU.ZIP (Thanks Chainfire, we love you)
https://download.chainfire.eu/696/Su...erSU-v2.46.zip

5.(optional) If you want to use the Google Apps i recommend Downloading the GApps Mini for 5.0 from this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...-mini-t3089612

Now Lets get Started:
1. Unzip the Driver Package and Run the Exe. After Installation, restart you Computer. If using Windows 8, disable Signaure Driver Enforcement.

2. Turn Off you device. Open the SP Flash Tools Folder and run Flash_tool.exe as Administrator.

3. Now Unzip the VibeUI Firmware Package. In SP Flashtools klick on Scatter Load. Navigate to the VibeUI Folder and choose the MT6752_Android_scatter.txt.

4. Check if every Downloadfile exept the System is Checked, else you will get an error.

5.IMPORTANT: Go to settings, Download and CHECK the DA DL All with Checksum.

6. Klick on Download.

7. NOW the Tricky Part. Remove the Battery. Insert it again. Now leave the Phone Turned off and plug the USB Cable in, but holding the Volume UP button.

8. If you get a Red Bar and a Yellow followed by some grey in SP Flash tools you have done it right. If the Flash does successfully, you will get a green tick mark as passed.

9. Now unplug USB and take the battery out and pop it in again. Boot the Phone. Dont get shocked if it doesn't boot up fast, it usually takes about 6-8 Minutes. Be Patient!

10. If the Phone Boots up successfully, configure it and Connect it as a MTP Device on the Computer.

11. Now Copy the GApps.zip and the SuperSu.Zip to the Root of the Phone Memory.

12. Boot into Recovery (Holding VOL UP AND DOWN while turning the Phone on) and flash the two Zips. Its in Chinese but you will
only need to flash it once. Flash Zip is the Upper Left Button. Choose your GappsZip and use the Back Button to get to the main Screen. Now flash the SuperSA.zip.

13.Reboot. If you dont know how to just take off the battery ( Its quite risky so better try using the Buttons. The Layout is the same as in the English Version)

Finished!Now your Device is Rooted and got the Gapps on it. Download Titanium Backup and remove the Chinese Crap Bloatware. You are now the Master of you Device.

I would appreciate some feedback since its my first tut.
The Following User Says Thank You to XxpikaachuuxX For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd July 2015, 10:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for tuto.

About ROM - it is have Multi Langue?
8th July 2015, 06:30 PM |#3  

More
Great tutorial , but what about people with MTK6752M?
8th July 2015, 08:33 PM |#4  

More
rom corrupt
Hi, when i extract this rom i recive one message "system.img is damaged"
what can i do?

thank's a lot.
9th July 2015, 09:26 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxpikaachuuxX

Note: This Tutorial is for the Lenovo S8 7600 MOBILE Only! Theres a Tablet named the same, dont get confused.

Hey

Could someone tell me what to do? I flashed a rom and recovery via Sp Tool (not from this guide) on my S8 A7600. It was a custom rom with removed bloatware I found on a Russian site (google translate).
Now I find that my baseband is unknown and no IMEI's either. I didn't notice this in the beginning though, I did root the phone first and cleaned up even further with Titanium Backup, including the default phone and
contact apps.
Don't know if this could have had an impact or not, but my impression is that it has to do with modem driver, which might be a different one (it seems the custom rom was built from chinese rom). Both scatter files (rom and recovery) does not seem to touch the nvram area, although this mtk flashing stuff is completely new to me.

Have any tips? This chipset is new for IMEI repair, so is unsupported from what I gather.
9th July 2015, 07:30 PM |#6  

More
I flashed another rom I found and the IMEI came back, hurray
Good to know its not some permanent lame fault the mtk engineers would have missed (unlikely). Well now back to customizing romz, the default lenovo rom is far from what I consider usable.
25th July 2015, 02:39 AM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKO_BG

Great tutorial , but what about people with MTK6752M?

I will upload the MTK6752M Rom too. But you will have to wait 3-4 weeks since im at vacation at the moment. I will also Provide CWM for both models then. Greets
25th July 2015, 02:41 AM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by askermk2000

I flashed another rom I found and the IMEI came back, hurray
Good to know its not some permanent lame fault the mtk engineers would have missed (unlikely). Well now back to customizing romz, the default lenovo rom is far from what I consider usable.

I actually like the Design tho. If i can ask, did you use my Stock rom from this thread?
25th July 2015, 03:19 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

I actually like the Design tho. If i can ask, did you use my Stock rom from this thread?

Actually I think I said that wrong. I am now using this rom: VIBEUI_V2.5_ _USR_ST1524_5.1460.1_1506111858_MP6V3_CU_CN_otaful l
This is the latest official stock rom directly from Lenovo. I was referring to one of the rom's that's flashed by those shabby vendors, full of adware, malware and viruses.
I was not aware of this situation as this is my first china phone.

To Op: No I did not use your Rom. I've tried a few others and the *Real* stock ota rom from lenovo was the best for me, also the latest stable build. I found it here btw: lenovo-forums.ru(can't post full link)

Also I'm looking for this: A7600_TWRP2.8.7.0_2015-07-18.7z <--- This is the only recovery I've found that has english language. It was posted on 4pda.ru but link is down. Also seen it on those chinese sites, but requires account to download.
26th July 2015, 02:38 AM |#10  
Quote:
Originally Posted by askermk2000

Actually I think I said that wrong. I am now using this rom: VIBEUI_V2.5_ _USR_ST1524_5.1460.1_1506111858_MP6V3_CU_CN_otaful l
This is the latest official stock rom directly from Lenovo. I was referring to one of the rom's that's flashed by those shabby vendors, full of adware, malware and viruses.
I was not aware of this situation as this is my first china phone.

To Op: No I did not use your Rom. I've tried a few others and the *Real* stock ota rom from lenovo was the best for me, also the latest stable build. I found it here btw: lenovo-forums.ru(can't post full link)

Also I'm looking for this: A7600_TWRP2.8.7.0_2015-07-18.7z <--- This is the only recovery I've found that has english language. It was posted on 4pda.ru but link is down. Also seen it on those chinese sites, but requires account to download.

My Suggestion would be: Download and try my Rom and Recovery. Then download SuperSu/.Zip and try to flash it via Chinese TWRP which i am providing. you can locate the buttons from any other TWRP, even from other phones. If done, you could et root uininstaller and remove the crappy bloatware like i did. then install gapps
26th July 2015, 08:38 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

My Suggestion would be: Download and try my Rom and Recovery. Then download SuperSu/.Zip and try to flash it via Chinese TWRP which i am providing. you can locate the buttons from any other TWRP, even from other phones. If done, you could et root uininstaller and remove the crappy bloatware like i did. then install gapps

I already have chinese TWRP, and I'm rooted. The rom I'm using also does not have any insidious bloatware, except a few chinese apps that don't even require root to remove. Besides I seem to remember the system.img file in your rom was corrupt, tried to download several times.

Just saw this at 4pda.ru:
Port of K3 Note VIBE 2.8 1530 A7600 5.1】 【07/15/25
Download: yadi.sk/d/ULLundAAi5dk6
Last edited by askermk2000; 26th July 2015 at 08:38 AM. Reason: link is https

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a7600, golden warrior, lenovo, root
Previous Thread Next Thread