Watch This Now!

Is Rooting your device illegal?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By godzillinois, Junior Member on Yesterday, 06:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sorry if this question has been answered already, but I haven't found a recent (ie within a year) thread about this when I searched. I haven't rooted anything in years and I've just got a Galaxy Tab Pro and was looking into Rooting it. My friend who has an HTC One has also reached out to me asking me how to Root it.

When I started researching methods I kept running across articles that were stating that Rooting a device is now illegal? I've never heard of this before, is it true? Anyone have links to information that says otherwise?
Yesterday, 06:17 PM |#2  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 16
No it's not but In most cases it will void your warranty. also most of the time you could always unroot your device. I used KingRoot to root my phone it's an app it was quick and simple.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 7.0 II using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by RussianSolja; Yesterday at 06:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RussianSolja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:05 PM |#3  
Flag Zurich
Thanks Meter: 11
It depends what you do with root. If you root it to "hack" or "snif" then you're doing a illegal thing. If you root it to costumise your Android then, you're not disturbing a privacy from another person or what else.

Hit the Thanks Button if I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to AnDrOiiiD_YT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22
You bought and own it. You can do what you like with it. Of course if it's a stolen phone and you're rooting it to mess with the IMEI, then that's another matter.
The Following User Says Thank You to alpine101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 08:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Does anyone have links to articles or information confirming this? Because all I can find are articles stating that it is illegal with the 2nd article below stating that "Tablets cannot be Rooted AT ALL" (*edit: apparently I can't post links yet)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread