FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

 View Poll Results: After read this instructions where you able to restore your phone?

Yes. Thank you!!!
 
7 Vote(s)
50.00%
No, not really
 
7 Vote(s)
50.00%

[TUTORIAL QPST-Tool] [K910] How-To Unbrick Lenovo K910

3,666 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
This took me a lot of time to write. A lot of time to search. A lot of my patience during the process described bellow.
If this was useful in anyway just click "thanks" button and "Rate" this thread.
That's how you thank me.
I won't held any responsibility if you broke your phone for good! This is based on research and on my own experience. This is just a guide who exists to help you.


Ok, after i bricked (?!) my Lenovo K910 and recover it from dead only after 1 month(!!!) and after receive a few messages i left you with my Step-by-Step Guide of how to use QPST Tools to recover your dead phone.

Important Information
Please do not fill this thread just to write "thanks" that's why xda-developers administrators created a few years ago this button:

If this thread was good for you use the "Rate" button. Use it.

I won't held any responsibility if you broke your phone for good! This is based on research and on my own experience. This is just a guide who exists to help you.


History
To make it short i bought this in August 26th and on 27th i completely broke my K910. I was only able to recover it by September 26th!!!
It was so broken that i ended up with no vibration, no LED, no nothing. It's seams that i send my money to trash or at least a hugely expensive paperweight

After searching for a solution in web sites as diverse as Chinese, Romanians, Indians, Russians, Spanish, etc. etc. i've found one in particular in HTC Mania Spain written by corion witch i thought...that could be it!!!

Wrong...I've follow all the provided steps one-by-one but nothing.
I had tried virtualize Windows since XP version. Nothing seams to work until...on a rare and brilliant occasion ...


So...Let's cut the crack and let's go with it.

The following steps where the ones i've followed. This was based mostly on corion's tread in HTC Mania as described above plus my own experience witch i think make some difference and lead me to recover my phone.

Finally there's one thing that's hugely important and that is lots and lots of patience
  1. Post #2 - Pré-Requisites
  2. Post #3 - Tools Needed to Properly Recover Your Lenovo K910
  3. Post #4 - Guide [How to Proper Install and Configure QPST]
  4. Post #5 - [Guide]How To Recover With QPST
  5. Post #6 - No Vibration, No LED, No Nothing? Don't Worry, Here's a Solution

Credits

All the bellow persons and/or entities helped me somehow and by that i was able to write this thread were it should be accessible for all in just one place.
Thank you all!

corion- from HTCMania - If it wasn't his guide i would probably never recover my phone
sergio - from HTCMania - He also wrote another guide to recover with MiFlasher but espetially he had lot's and lot's of patience with me and my questions
VibeUI China
Lenovo Forum Russia
Lenovo Community India
To me Crowds - After 1 month trying over and over again i had to be here

...and if i saved your phone feel free to buy me a beer. It's much, much cheaper than Lenovo

Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 3rd October 2014 at 12:02 AM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
2nd October 2014, 05:48 PM |#2  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
Pré-Requisites
Based in my experience and after i try this on my Win8.1 without success i try all the following steps. All of them unsuccessful.
  1. Virtualize Win XP 32-bits & 64-bits
  2. Virtualize Win7 32-bits & 64-bits

You can imagine my patience and hours i've spend installing all those Windows OS and all Microsoft patches most of all because my laptop is my professional one so i couldn't just install a new copy

After all those frustrations, in a act of despair, i decided to clean completely my laptop and pray that i could recover my work lately. This was the most wisely decision i've made after 1 month!!! So...

  1. Pre-Requisites*
  • Format your PC;
  • Install your OS from scratch;
  • Apply all the patches from Microsoft;
  • Buy or get a old USB cable extention** from someone.

Notes:
* Again, this is based on my experience, you may try all the steps without format your PC. You had nothing to loos atm.
** In our days USB cables transfer data in a very high rate so the idea of using an USB extension is to slow down a little bit transfer data between Phone/PC. Older the better. We going to need this as you see ahead in post #5

Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 3rd October 2014 at 12:02 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:48 PM |#3  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
Tools Needed to Properly Recover Your Lenovo K910
  1. Tools Needed
  • QPST - Qualcomm application to recover your phone;
  • Drivers - Drivers needed to windows sees your phne as COM Port and not as USB;
  • Lenovo Drivers - Drivers used to connect Phone-PC;
  • Lenovo QST File - This is the Lenovo OS to further install on your phone.
    MD5 - cdab8d0b1a363a4662acec7f13861460
    This software is for K910 version only!!! Do not use this on any other version like K910L or something!!!
  • Notepdad++
    Do not use Notepdad from Windows
  • 7-Zip - Use this to unpack any compressed file
Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 10th November 2014 at 10:59 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:48 PM |#4  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
Guide [How to Proper Install and Configure QPST]
Here is where some work begins.

1. In order to recover your Lenovo K910 you must follow this steps one by one so read carefully and please don fill this thread with questions already answered here.

2. Like me, if you take 1 month...take it. If you take 20 minutes...great but please don't ask over and over the same questions.

3. If you had any questions regarding tech common sense use my dearest friend here

4. If by any chance you really broke your phone, it's your fault! You're the one who lead to this, not me!


Installation Procedure
  1. Install QPST you've just downloaded
  2. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text
  3. Open Device Manager
  4. Connect your phone to PC through a USB cable pressing VOL-
    This is where you going to use the USB extension cable written above. Try another key combination if this one doesn't work
  5. By this time your PC began searching for the correct drivers. If everything went ok, device manager will see android phone as QHSUSB_DLOAD or QHSUSB_BULK with an exclamation mark. If not try again,
    --- If VOL- doesn't work try several combinations, like VOL+/USB cable or VOL-/VOL+/USB ---
  6. Install the drivers (not Lenovo ones) manually from the drivers folder you've just downloaded (Install accordly to your OS version)
  7. Your Device Manager should see you phone as:

    Doesn't matter if it is COM10 or another
  8. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text
  9. Install Lenovo drivers
  10. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text

Now continue to the next step on post #5

Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 3rd October 2014 at 12:03 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:48 PM |#5  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
[Guide]How To Recover With QPST
This is where the hard work begin yet with it you might...just might, bring your phone back alive again.

Important Notice:
Like i wrote before, i held no responsibility from now on if your brake your phone for life
If you managed to connect your phone to PC in the proper way (post #4) you're good to go.


Before we go deeper on "Step-by-Step Instructions" we need to configure just a couple of things first.
  1. Unpack the Lenovo QST File that you download from 3rd post [K910_1_S_3_2144.1_0040_140219_qpst.7z] with 7-Zip
  2. Move the bin folder to PC root [C:\]
  3. Inside bin folder you'll find flash_local.xml file. Open it with Notepad++
  4. Configure this way
  5. Now you're finally ready
  1. Step-by-Step Instructions
  • Open Device Manager and QPST Software from installation folder
  • Connect your phone to PC through USB extention cable
  • Check if Device Manager sees your phone properly


    and QPST to
  • If everything's ok open eMMC Software Download. Now do the following:
    1. On Sahara XML file, put the path where the flash_local.xml file is (the one you edited previously).
    2. In Flash Programmer file name write MPRG8974.mbn
    3. In Boot Image write 8974_msimage.mbn
    4. In Load XML def... choose rawprogram0.xml file from explorer
    5. In Load patch def... choose patch0.xml file from explorer
    6. Uncheck Program MMC device
    7. At this time your PC no longer sees your phone at COM Port but it had changed to Lenovo USB something. Connect your phone to PC through USB extention cable again with the right key combination
    8. Right after you inser USB cable start pressing ENTER key on your PC like a maniac. This is the secret. You had to click it at the right time in order eMMC Software Download starts the download process.
      --- Again. This is the most stressful step of all of this. Try not to brake your PC and in an act of despair don't crash your phone against the wall ---
      In order to do the above i had to wipe all my PC after spend an entire month without results
      If you received any message regarding your disks or format choose NO or CANCEL

      Finally you've made it, let's go further
    9. Uncheck Program Boot Loaders
    10. Now check the Program MMC device
    11. Choose your phone from the list of drives
    12. Click Download again
    13. When the process ended remove USB cable from PC and reboot the phone.

      Nothing like an image to explain the above steps, right guys?
Hope this help you anyway

IMPORTANT:
If you ended with a phone without vibration, led or anything that means that you "kill" the battery. In that case you have to proceed in another way because your phone will never boot and you won't be able to start nothing.
Check next post if that is your case

Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 4th October 2014 at 10:33 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 05:49 PM |#6  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
No Vibration, No LED, No Nothing? Don't Worry, Here's a Solution
Isn't Android Mobile Phones wonderful?!?!

There's a solution for almost everything

Description
You've ended with a complete dead phone because you've spend to much time playing with it on previous post.
The good thing is that your battery is just in a 0% stage so what should we do in this case? Lenovo sell this like a non-removal battery, how the heck i solve this tricky situation?!

Solution
You must be thinking "how stupid i am for spending money on a non-removal battery phone" well... it is removable!!! Check how to do it here. At this video it's only shown how to get to the battery. You must disconnect it.

Now you can go back to post #5 and follow the provided steps

Kind Regards
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 4th October 2014 at 10:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 08:20 AM |#7  
RASTAS12's Avatar
Member
HARARE
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowds

Here is where some work begins.

1. In order to recover your Lenovo K910 you must follow this steps one by one so read carefully and please don fill this thread with questions already answered here.

2. Like me, if you take 1 month...take it. If you take 20 minutes...great but please don't ask over and over the same questions.

3. If you had any questions regarding tech common sense use my dearest friend here

4. If by any chance you really broke your phone, it's your fault! You're the one who lead to this, not me!


Installation Procedure
  1. Install QPST you've just downloaded
  2. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text
  3. Open Device Manager
  4. Connect your phone to PC through a USB cable pressing VOL-
    This is where you going to use the USB extension cable written above. Try another key combination if this one doesn't work
  5. By this time your PC began searching for the correct drivers. If everything went ok, device manager will see android phone as QHSUSB_DLOAD or QHSUSB_BULK with an exclamation mark. If not try again,
    --- If VOL- doesn't work try several combinations, like VOL+/USB cable or VOL-/VOL+/USB ---
  6. Install the drivers (not Lenovo ones) manually from the drivers folder you've just downloaded (Install accordly to your OS version)
  7. Your Device Manager should see you phone as:

    Doesn't matter if it is COM10 or another
  8. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text
  9. Install Lenovo drivers
  10. Reboot your PC with "Disable signature verification of digital controllers" checked
    Read point 3 from above hidden text

Now continue to the next step on post #5

Kind Regards
Crowds

Hi Crowds,

when I install the QPST driver the phone is seen in device manager same as your picture. I can then see the COM port in QPST configuration but it says 'No Phone'. Once I install the Lenovo drivers and reboot the phone is no longer available in the QPST configuration at all. (Sorry to take more of your time, I did try to Google this but have not found anything.)
3rd October 2014, 08:36 AM |#8  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RASTAS12

Hi Crowds,

when I install the QPST driver the phone is seen in device manager same as your picture. I can then see the COM port in QPST configuration but it says 'No Phone'. Once I install the Lenovo drivers and reboot the phone is no longer available in the QPST configuration at all. (Sorry to take more of your time, I did try to Google this but have not found anything.)

Hi RASTAS12

That's a very, very common question
You're at this stage of post #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowds

[*]Uncheck Program MMC device[*]At this time your PC no longer sees your phone at COM Port but it had changed to Lenovo USB something. Connect your phone to PC through USB extention cable again with the right key combination[*]Right after you inser USB cable start pressing ENTER key on your PC like a maniac. This is the secret. You had to click it at the right time in order eMMC Software Download starts the download process.
--- Again. This is the most stressful step of all of this. Try not to brake your PC and in an act of despair don't crash your phone against the wall ---

Like i wrote, you had to have very patience atm and when you loose COM Port you should disconnect USB cable and try again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowds

[*]Right after you inser USB cable start pressing ENTER key on your PC like a maniac. This is the secret. You had to click it at the right time in order eMMC Software Download starts the download process.

C hears
Crowds
Last edited by Crowds; 3rd October 2014 at 09:33 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd October 2014, 11:23 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
help urgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowds

This took me a lot of time to write. A lot of time to search. A lot of my patience during the process described bellow.
If this was useful in anyway just click "thanks" button and "Rate" this thread.
That's how you thank me.
I won't held any responsibility if you broke your phone for good! This is based on research and on my own experience. This is just a guide who exists to help you.


Ok, after i bricked (?!) my Lenovo K910 and recover it from dead only after 1 month(!!!) and after receive a few messages i left you with my Step-by-Step Guide of how to use QPST Tools to recover your dead phone.

Important Information
Please do not fill this thread just to write "thanks" that's why xda-developers administrators created a few years ago this button:

If this thread was good for you use the "Rate" button. Use it.

I won't held any responsibility if you broke your phone for good! This is based on research and on my own experience. This is just a guide who exists to help you.


History
To make it short i bought this in August 26th and on 27th i completely broke my K910. I was only able to recover it by September 26th!!!
It was so broken that i ended up with no vibration, no LED, no nothing. It's seams that i send my money to trash or at least a hugely expensive paperweight

After searching for a solution in web sites as diverse as Chinese, Romanians, Indians, Russians, Spanish, etc. etc. i've found one in particular in HTC Mania Spain written by corion witch i thought...that could be it!!!

Wrong...I've follow all the provided steps one-by-one but nothing.
I had tried virtualize Windows since XP version. Nothing seams to work until...on a rare and brilliant occasion ...


So...Let's cut the crack and let's go with it.

The following steps where the ones i've followed. This was based mostly on corion's tread in HTC Mania as described above plus my own experience witch i think make some difference and lead me to recover my phone.

Finally there's one thing that's hugely important and that is lots and lots of patience
  1. Post #2 - Pré-Requisites
  2. Post #3 - Tools Needed to Properly Recover Your Lenovo K910
  3. Post #4 - Guide [How to Proper Install and Configure QPST]
  4. Post #5 - [Guide]How To Recover With QPST
  5. Post #6 - No Vibration, No LED, No Nothing? Don't Worry, Here's a Solution

Credits

All the bellow persons and/or entities helped me somehow and by that i was able to write this thread were it should be accessible for all in just one place.
Thank you all!

corion- from HTCMania - If it wasn't his guide i would probably never recover my phone
sergio - from HTCMania - He also wrote another guide to recover with MiFlasher but espetially he had lot's and lot's of patience with me and my questions
VibeUI China
Lenovo Forum Russia
Lenovo Community India
To me Crowds - After 1 month trying over and over again i had to be here

...and if i saved your phone feel free to buy me a beer. It's much, much cheaper than Lenovo

Kind Regards
Crowds

sir i was flasing the rom on vibe z using twrp touch as mention in post i landed in a vague problem
first my device is no longer recognised my computer
i tried to install the driver but no help
secondly device flashes to lenovo logo and then the download mode blue light is there

vibrates and shut down
when connected to pc show multiple drives as mentioned in post 934
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...597590&page=94

plz do help if u can do a remote help i will pay for your services
i need urgent help as this is only surviver for me
The Following User Says Thank You to cellbuster21 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 10:32 AM |#10  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellbuster21

first my device is no longer recognised my computer
i tried to install the driver but no help

For this remove all lenovo drivers from PC and then reboot
Follow my instructions in post #4
Follow my instructions in post #5 (if you're phone has blue LED try follow from step 9) if you loose blue LED you should follow from step 1 to finish
The Following User Says Thank You to Crowds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 09:56 PM |#11  
Crowds's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Azeitão
Thanks Meter: 2,181
 
Donate to Me
More
This is the good thing about experience.


At this momment i've just broke my phone for the 3rd time trying to compile a new recovery to use in my next rom so ... one more time i had to use my own guide

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lenovo-k910
Previous Thread Next Thread