Ulefone Vienna - Development & Support

Search This thread

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
Sure i know, Ulefone & Gotron are the same company (check their videos). Ulefone is the brand targeted for the foreign markets while Gotron for the Chinese market.

I agree!;)

in fact all Ulefone product reports in their rom GQ3****** type

*Edit: just appeared new release (based on lollipop 5.1) on needrom .. 20160524 .. no changelog available.. i'll check if available on OTA

Last edited:
Reactions: gaich

gaich

Recognized Translator
Mar 26, 2012
Moscow
gaichtranslations.ru
Unfortunately that's not an official OTA Update so it's difficult to get a Changelog.
Tried to flash it, the update presents some floating button to trigger a quick menu, a kind of a circle including some shortcuts.Didn`t try much, `cause I lost all my data by flashing and rolled back to previous state - what should Ido to flash it over the existing ROM whithout loosing data and settings? Tried to choose ota scatter instead of MT6753_Android_scatter but it results in error...
It`s my first MTK phone, sorry. I have always used TWRP to flash OTAs and I had an option to choose - update or refurbish, right now I just can`t understand whether it is possible to flash the OTA over the existing firmware, retaining the data. Is dirty flash possible in this case?
(Using SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1616.00.000).

Last edited:

laneyyy

Oct 9, 2015
Tried to flash it, the update presents some floating button to trigger a quick menu, a kind of a circle including some shortcuts.Didn`t try much, `cause I lost all my data by flashing and rolled back to previous state - what should Ido to flash it over the existing ROM whithout loosing data and settings? Tried to choose ota scatter instead of MT6753_Android_scatter but it results in error...
It`s my first MTK phone, sorry. I have always used TWRP to flash OTAs and I had an option to choose - update or refurbish, right now I just can`t understand whether it is possible to flash the OTA over the existing firmware, retaining the data. Is dirty flash possible in this case?
(Using SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1616.00.000).
I used the flashfire app to dirty flash it and had no issues at all. I just had to make sure I unticked replace recovery so that I didn't lose twrp, and also inject supersu. Then after it was done I flashed xposed again in twrp.

gaich

Recognized Translator
Mar 26, 2012
Moscow
gaichtranslations.ru
I used the flashfire app to dirty flash it and had no issues at all. I just had to make sure I unticked replace recovery so that I didn't lose twrp, and also inject supersu. Then after it was done I flashed xposed again in twrp.

Could you give some details, please? Did you transfer the whole zip to the phone and choose "flash fimware package" option, or "flash zip or ota" or did you unzip the system img? What flashfire version did you use?

laneyyy

Oct 9, 2015
Could you give some details, please? Did you transfer the whole zip to the phone and choose "flash fimware package" option, or "flash zip or ota" or did you unzip the system img? What flashfire version did you use?
I downloaded the file onto the phone first, but it was a rar not a zip. So I extracted it and then zipped it. Then I used the flash firmware package option. I'm using the free version 0.33.

gaich

Recognized Translator
Mar 26, 2012
Moscow
gaichtranslations.ru
What`s new in this update:
Screenshot_2016-05-28-13-30-58.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-28-13-31-10.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-28-13-32-56.png

Screenshot_2016-05-28-17-51-22.jpg

Reactions: laneyyy

atiboa

Jun 1, 2016
Hi,

I've bought a Hi-Fi device (from ba*****od.com), a Ulefone Vienna, which worked for only 11 days. I got several errors while tried to install apps from Google Play Store, but after a restart of the device the apps were installed without a problem.
But last Sunday, after another restart of the phone (because i wanted to install a new app), the phone gave me the following error message: "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." (then I got only one option: to click OK. The phone is unusable now.)
I found a guide on uleFone official website how should I reinstall/update the device, but isn't working.
I'm stuck at the first step: "Driver Auto Installer". I'm using Win7 64bit, and I followed the instructions (i run the executable as administrator), but at install i get this message: "The system cannot find the path specified". Also after i tried to install the driver manually, in the device manager (Windows) my PreLoadter USB VCOM Port appears with a yellow sign (it says the driver is not digitally signed).
After this I tried the Flashing Tool i get this error:
"Warning: Maybe error as follows:
(1)COM ports number reoetitive or invalid
(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!
Please modify them in INI file or scan again."
Sometimes it just do nothing after i press the "Start All" button. Maybe is important (maybe not), but @ "Certification File" gives me nothing, even after I loaded the DA file and scatter file. Even more, a bit down, where should appear the ports, there is N/A + N/A (at all the positions). Tried to connect the phone with different USB ports on my PC, but got the same result.

Please help me! I gave 170 USD for this phone, and worked only a few days
I'm waiting for your response, you are my last hope!
Thank you!

With regards,
Attila Nagy

michaldamski

Jan 29, 2014
I have the same.

I have the same. Unfortunately, install ROM from ulefon did not help.
I noticed, that this happens after installing multiple applications residing in the memory, as messanger or facebook, and after removing the problem disappears.
I did restart the phone by holding down the power button for more than 15 seconds and as soon as it started (before the screen turns off) removed the applications. Enough one or two, and the phone works again. Now I'm waiting for the next version of ROM from ulefon and I hope that will fix this error.

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Hi,

I've bought a Hi-Fi device (from ba*****od.com), a Ulefone Vienna, which worked for only 11 days. I got several errors while tried to install apps from Google Play Store, but after a restart of the device the apps were installed without a problem.
But last Sunday, after another restart of the phone (because i wanted to install a new app), the phone gave me the following error message: "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." (then I got only one option: to click OK. The phone is unusable now.)
I found a guide on uleFone official website how should I reinstall/update the device, but isn't working.
I'm stuck at the first step: "Driver Auto Installer". I'm using Win7 64bit, and I followed the instructions (i run the executable as administrator), but at install i get this message: "The system cannot find the path specified". Also after i tried to install the driver manually, in the device manager (Windows) my PreLoadter USB VCOM Port appears with a yellow sign (it says the driver is not digitally signed).
After this I tried the Flashing Tool i get this error:
"Warning: Maybe error as follows:
(1)COM ports number reoetitive or invalid
(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!
Please modify them in INI file or scan again."
Sometimes it just do nothing after i press the "Start All" button. Maybe is important (maybe not), but @ "Certification File" gives me nothing, even after I loaded the DA file and scatter file. Even more, a bit down, where should appear the ports, there is N/A + N/A (at all the positions). Tried to connect the phone with different USB ports on my PC, but got the same result.

Please help me! I gave 170 USD for this phone, and worked only a few days
I'm waiting for your response, you are my last hope!
Thank you!

With regards,
Attila Nagy

I recommend you to use Linux because MTK drivers on Windows work like sh*t, unsigned and bugged.

megthebest

Jul 18, 2014
goo.gl
I have no Linux on my PC, and have 0 (zero) experience with it. Have no idea how to use it :(
Any other tip to solve this problem?
Thank you!
Mediatek preloader drivers for windows are very hard to install correctly.
Download and Install correctly Mediatek Preloader drivers

( Take care on Windows 8.1/10 drivers, you need to disable driver signature before install:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pD0mONm44

http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology...-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

https://thebroodle.com/microsoft/windows/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

UNPACK RAR in A FOLDER

1- With flashtool load*MT6753_Android_Scatter

2- Select download and connect smartphone to pc (smartphone must be powered off)…* in few seconds will start the process and the new rom/recovery TWRP will be flashed.

Preloader mediatek drivers auto installer :

https://mega.nz/#!3YEiXTZA!avpCCs47JLr4r9UkaqkBDZ3RTHaxjFJusR7HwuAksTw

Sent by Mi5 64Gb

Alfa123

Jan 14, 2007
Prague
I have no Linux on my PC, and have 0 (zero) experience with it. Have no idea how to use it :(
Any other tip to solve this problem?
Thank you!

Regarding "(2)Brom and preloader have the same comport number!" : it could be another MTK driver(s) installed on the same COM port. Look into device manager and click on hidden devices and delete all these devices and drivers. Then install drivers again, but disable driver signature. But better choice is 32bit OS...

Reactions: jaynesbluewish

atiboa

Jun 1, 2016
Mediatek preloader drivers for windows are very hard to install correctly.
Download and Install correctly Mediatek Preloader drivers

( Take care on Windows 8.1/10 drivers, you need to disable driver signature before install:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pD0mONm44

http://laurentiumihet.ro/technology...-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/

https://thebroodle.com/microsoft/windows/install-mediatek-mt65xx-usb-vcom-drivers-windows-8-8-1/

UNPACK RAR in A FOLDER

1- With flashtool load*MT6753_Android_Scatter

2- Select download and connect smartphone to pc (smartphone must be powered off)…* in few seconds will start the process and the new rom/recovery TWRP will be flashed.

Preloader mediatek drivers auto installer :

https://mega.nz/#!3YEiXTZA!avpCCs47JLr4r9UkaqkBDZ3RTHaxjFJusR7HwuAksTw

Sent by Mi5 64Gb
Still get the same error :(
Is there anyone who flashed this type of smartphone successfully?

Geomatic

Still get the same error :(
Is there anyone who flashed this type of smartphone successfully?
Yes! Even with Windows 10 64bit. I just followed the steps described here: http://ulefone.com/download/vienna.html
I had to generate the checksum file and it was also neccessary to patch those INI files (com port part) as described in the word document which is part of the download at the bottom of the page.

Gesendet von meinem Vienna mit Tapatalk

atiboa

Jun 1, 2016
Yes! Even with Windows 10 64bit. I just followed the steps described here: http://ulefone.com/download/vienna.html
I had to generate the checksum file and it was also neccessary to patch those INI files (com port part) as described in the word document which is part of the download at the bottom of the page.

Gesendet von meinem Vienna mit Tapatalk
Which INI files? And how to patch them? Maybe this is the problem with my PC ... but cannot find any ReadMe file which talks about INI files ... sorry, maybe i'm a noob, but cannot find it.

Top Liked Posts