UMI Hammer S is coming and there is a chance to get it at the lowest price $59.99,UMI HAMMER S Treasure Hunt !!
It will start in our community from 10th August and ends 10th September.
Stay turned for more info!
While we wait for the Treasure Hunt, share with us which is your favor upgrade of UMI Hammer S?
A. Touch fingerprint ID unlock
B. USB Type-C
C. 5.5inch LTPS screen
D. Latest Lollipop 5.1 system
E. 3200mAH high capacity battery
F. 3D Metal design body
G. HOME+, infrared remote control for a smart home.
Last edited by frankandwendy; 25th September 2015 at 01:11 PM.
UMI HAMMER S Treasure Hunt Activity Rules:
1. Copy this CIC-Code: COOLICOOL
2. Head over to Lucky Wheel >>>
3. Enter the code into the Lucky Wheel and activate it.
4.Back to Online Shop to finish Purchase! More info >>>
Review Umi Hammer S
[B]Package, Content, Aesthetics:[/ B]
The pack is a classic for the latest products Umi, a square box of a generous size with treatment embossed silver; on the rear we find a label with the model and IMEI numbers.
Box contents: Smartphone, 1 Power Adapter with USB socket EU 5V 1A, 1 USB cable Type-C, 1 booklet indicating the specifications of the smartphone and the arrangement of the various buttons / functions. There aren’t any additional film protector (1 is applied) and there are no headphones.
- External dimensions of the smartphone in line with other 5.5 "; it measures 154 x 77.4 x 8.5 mm for just over 200g of weight.
- Construction of good quality, use of materials pleasant to the touch and the side frame in aluminum.
- On the left side we find keys, and the right side we find the volume rocker on the top and the power button slightly lower.
- On the upper side we find the audio jack and the infrared emitter; on the underside of the microphone, the speaker and port USB type-c.
- In the back at the top center are slightly protruding from the camera 8 megapixel f / 2 sony imx164 (13 megapixel interpolated) and dual LED flash (not dual tone), and slightly below the fingerprint sensor.
- In the front we find the earpiece at the top, the camera 5 megapixel f / 2.4 fixed focus but with face detection and light sensors / proximity.
- The soft touch buttons are not backlighted.
- Cover fairly thin but with good interlocking with the body; It is smooth and quite slippery, but does not retain fingerprints (at least the white version). The physical buttons are directly on the external metal frame.
- External glass with rounded edges 2.5D with pre-applied film from the house offering a good flow and has a minimum of oleophobic treatment; no other films in the package.
- Display brightness is good, good viewing angle; HD IPS LCD screen with colors and sharpness well played good for the category.
- Touch-sensitive and comes with multitouch 5 touches, writing rapidly and with Swype function that you type with two fingers (Google keyboard used)
- Two sim slots: Both Micro Sim 4G (with dynamic selection software).
- Presence MicroSD slot with a capacity of 32Gb (I tested Samsung 64Gb and is properly recorded).
- Removable battery (weight about 55g) from 3200mAh declared, to the test with amperemether, we found about 3100mAh; Geekbench test has been very positive with more than 12 hours of screen on time.
- Android 5.1 without any customization and launcher 3 (to be replaced immediately with something better like Nova, Apus, Cm Launcher).
- Open the app and switch between apps very quickly, stock browser with a few bumps as always (we recommend Chrome). Task manager by pressing and holding the center button and option to clear all apps.
- Excellent management 16Gb of internal ROM that are available in a partition to 11.7 GB for apps and data.
- Good management 2Gb ram by Android 5.1 .. more than 1.5 Gb ram free after loading some apps into memory at startup.
WiFi b / g with no problem stable signal, good power and coverage (not tested it in wifi dual band).
BT 4 tested pairing with headsets and car, also easily transfer with other Bluetooth smartphones
OTG: not tested because of the lack of USB adapter Type-C -> Micro USB
GPS: understated, cold quick fix in about 30 seconds but poor precision and tendency to lose the fix; we hope for a software fix.
- Main camera Sony 8Mpixel f / 2 (13Mpixel interpolated) that produces valid shots with daylight; good focus and flash of good power; interface camera classic mediatek poor options; when using the flash or light conditions unfavorable, the quality of the shots falls but not overly, interesting seal at high ISO that allows to bring home click the "acceptable" even 1200 ISO.
- Sufficient video performance, slightly slow the focus and during the displacement along the axis of rotation, is present shuttering; the highest resolution of video is only HD .
- Secondary camera for Selfie 5 megapixel without autofocus but with face recognition, quality of the shots enough for video calls to some emergency selfie with good light.
Antutu 5.7.1 over 20000 points; in line with other cpu quad core 1GHz MT6753P
Geekbench 3 with 1354 points in multi-core test and 481 in the single-core test.
[Url] https://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3699478 [/ url]
Geekbench Battery Test (about 12h 13 'of screen on time, I would say gorgeous).
[Url] https://browser.primatelabs.com/battery3/126108 [/ url]
Good overall sound quality, good volume of speaker and slightly lower than the earpiece.
Position the rear speaker good if you usually place the device on the table playing.
Good vibration and sound with headphones pretty good.
- Good quality of the screen ;it has a HD resolution, good for the class of the device, it has a good brightness, good colors and good viewing angle of the display.
- Good assembly and design of the product, though significant weight (200g) is fairly well distributed and allows good ergonomics.
- Price of about 120€/135$ for a quad core cpu MT6735P 2Gb Ram 16GB Rom, 2 SIM and Micro SD
- 4G bands 1,3,7,20 (then there is also the band 20 to 800Mhz especially with the wind carrier in Italy)
- Dual SIM (both Micro SIM) and support up to 64Gb MicroSD least tested
- Android 5.1 almost stock
- Setting the device to wake from standby using double tap and various gestures
- Fingerprint (although with limitations in accuracy and speed)
- Infrared Emitter with good indented (max 2 meters range action)
- USB Type-C
- Battery of 3200mAh which allows excellent autonomy
- Root factory with included installation supersu
- Adapter included that delivers 0.5A (1A specified) with the consequence of making the charge more than 6 hours and not allow charging the battery with LCD screen on! (with another Certificate power supply 5V 2A, the battery charge is completed in less than 3 hours)
- The graphics card Mali T720 struggling with heavy games at HD resolution, however also titles like Asphalt 8 / Need For Speed / Real Racing 3 are still enjoyable without excessive sacrifice framerate
- GPS inaccurate
- No Compass and Gyroscope
- No LED notification and not backlit buttons
- USB Type-C being very new, it will force you to use any adapters for compatibility with power supplies / OTG / usb various. Moreover, the various micro USB docking station will be unusable
- Fingerprint Sensor not very precise, serves an elevated pressure on the sensitive zone and unlocking is not practicable when screen is off, but only after waking up the device first.
- Weight 200g high enough
- Incompatibility of the ROM with some kind app: Tim My, My Vodafone, Paypal, Bike Activity, QR Droid Scanner and others
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?