Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Thumbs up [GUIDE] Rooting your Huawei Ascend Mate

OP Onecton

20th September 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63

157 posts
More
Hi Folks,
we at the Recieved my Huawei Ascend Mate Threat thought of make it easier for future or new HAM users to root their phone.
For that i reread the whole Threat and extracted the various mentioned rooting options.

IMPORTANT!
Rooting with any of the mentioned methods obviously voids your warranty.
I think that everybody knows this by now, but I'm not responsible if something goes wrong

Having said these standard stuff lets kick off!

First I start with the Method I used and many others, and i think this is the simples rooting method i ever came across.
The easiest is Rooting your HAM with eRoot
1) Get the eRoot Programm from Version 1.2 <- This Works till B221

1.1) For Higher Firmware Versions, like the new B905 use eRoot Version 1.3.4

2) Dig in your phone and enable usb debugging in developer options and in security enable unknown origin

3) Hook up your phone the your rig and on ask select MTP mode and install the Huawei HiSuite (phone drivers )

4) fire up eroot and let it find your phone, if it does hit root ...

5) reboot and that should be it

Confirmed to work on multiple Build Stages of the Stock Rom which currently is sporting version B221
Be aware that if your phone is bone stock you should firstly update the phones software to the newest possible version ...
-> B221 before rooting, otherwise it can cause problems

Second Rooting Method mentioned by PowerMan572
Detailed Instructions Here
i believe syaah used successfully this method

Third Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoppositeman

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2iuhai9fmmlv8ta/MATE_ROOT.zip

this folder contains the rooting guide and app including the RootAssisstant v2.0. easy method of rooting and can be use for both chinese firmware and international firmware regardless of rom versions. rootassisstant v2.0 is in chinese but no need to worry as we need only to click one box in it. superuser is stable and can be updated in google play. hopefully can help as this is the first and stable method all the suppliers of HAM in China use and provided to their customers.

Fourth Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerlchen27

Detailed instructions in german
http://www.android-hilfe.de/huawei-a...anleitung.html

Fifth Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguyks

Download drivers for the phone and install it on the computer

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qoacn4hqqw9h5v/WinDriver.exe

Then download this Chinese rom

http://jiyouhui.it168.com/thread-28315-1-1.html

Unzip the room. Put the phone in debugging mode, hook it to the computer with USB, and click on .bat file ... that's all.

Sixth Method
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmas84

Mentioned by cmas84 a little tool called [Framaroot]
Version 1.6.0 Supports K3V2 Handsets, ergo the HAM

-> We havent confirmed it yet, but give it a go, it's a simple one klick method, everything is in the Threat

That should be all methods, again all methods seem to work, but i found eroot to be the easiest, basically hook it up and press one button.

Hope i could help a few new HAM users out
Cheers
Last edited by Onecton; 1st October 2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: eRoot link not working - fixed
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Onecton For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th September 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
If i root my HAM wil i lose my warranty
20th September 2013, 06:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedius004

Most of the time yes, but it really depends on which carrier you are (if you bought the phone with a contract) or where you bought it (which Store).
With eRoot you can if you rootet it with it, unroot your phone again.
20th September 2013, 07:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 17

50 posts
Thank u very much .. you put the juice in one cup ..
Much easier to find .. more threads to subscribe
Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app
22nd September 2013, 05:29 AM   |  #5  
Flag KK
Thanks Meter: 87

344 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedius004

In the manual itself stated thst. But no worry as HAM was one of the phone that can be rooted easily in minutes and yes u can always revert back when needed. Just dint forget to backup.

T28@MT1-U06
27th September 2013, 12:15 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

69 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onecton

With eRoot you can if you rootet it with it, unroot your phone again.

Thanks for the threat.

I'm about to root my HAM with Eroot, I have 3 questions before I do :

1. Any bizarre things happen after rooting with Eroot? Like FC? App missing? etc... (seen people having issues or not after rooting)

2. Would I be able to get OTA updates after rooting? What about a custon recovery? If I install CWM recovery, would I be able to apply OTA updates? If not, would unrooting the HAM allow me to OTA update my phone (then root again afterward)?

3. If something goes wrong while rooting, would I be able to install offcial B113 ROM from SD so I would go all fresh again like I first got the HAM out of the store?

Thanks for your advices.

Have a good one.

Cheers
29th September 2013, 08:58 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaubin

Thanks for the threat.

I'm about to root my HAM with Eroot, I have 3 questions before I do :

1. Any bizarre things happen after rooting with Eroot? Like FC? App missing? etc... (seen people having issues or not after rooting)

I didn't run into any funky issues. No FC's , no apps missing. Everything runs as it should.

Quote:

2. Would I be able to get OTA updates after rooting? What about a custon recovery? If I install CWM recovery, would I be able to apply OTA updates? If not, would unrooting the HAM allow me to OTA update my phone (then root again afterward)?

In some cases we heard in the big Threat Here That you run into trouble witth OTA and root. So we all suggest that the rooting process should be initiated after you upgraded to the desired Firmwareversion.
As im aware there is currently no "real" meaning permanent CWM Recovery present. Only a sideload Recovery, some features didn't work properly, but I assume they manage that.
OTA Updates: I think it's the easiest to unroot it with eRoot and then root it again after the OTA

Quote:

3. If something goes wrong while rooting, would I be able to install offcial B113 ROM from SD so I would go all fresh again like I first got the HAM out of the store?

Thanks for your advices.

Have a good one.

Cheers

I didn't heard of something going terribly wrong with eroot, but yes you can of course flash the full B113 from standard Recovery you need no custom recovery for that

Hope i could help
29th September 2013, 11:12 AM   |  #8  

69 posts
More
Quote:

I didn't run into any funky issues. No FC's , no apps missing. Everything runs as it should.

In some cases we heard in the big Threat Here That you run into trouble witth OTA and root. So we all suggest that the rooting process should be initiated after you upgraded to the desired Firmwareversion.
As im aware there is currently no "real" meaning permanent CWM Recovery present. Only a sideload Recovery, some features didn't work properly, but I assume they manage that.
OTA Updates: I think it's the easiest to unroot it with eRoot and then root it again after the OTA

I didn't heard of something going terribly wrong with eroot, but yes you can of course flash the full B113 from standard Recovery you need no custom recovery for that

Hope i could help

Thanks Onecton for all the inputs, really helpful !

One last question though, I downloaded Eroot v1.2 from the OP, proceeded as indicated, installed HiSuite, PC drivers etc., tried few times to plug my phone when Eroot told me to, but eachtime failed by getting "creating process failed" message, looked like Eroot couldn't recognize my phone... Oh, I'm on latest official OTA B221 FW.

So I went searching over the internet, found there was a Eroot v1.3.3, really not sure if it's official, cos there was (only) v1.2 official app from eroot.me (holy moly ! eroot.me website is gone !!! it's a online sim unlock codes site now ! What happened?), so, with this v1.3.3, it recognized my phone within a second.

Before I clic on that root button, just wanted to check with you experts if the Eroot v1.3.3 is legitimate, or is it some sort of fake app out there.

Thanks again !

Have a nice day.

Cheers
29th September 2013, 11:49 AM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

157 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks Onecton for all the inputs, really helpful !

One last question though, I downloaded Eroot v1.2 from the OP, proceeded as indicated, installed HiSuite, PC drivers etc., tried few times to plug my phone when Eroot told me to, but eachtime failed by getting "creating process failed" message, looked like Eroot couldn't recognize my phone... Oh, I'm on latest official OTA B221 FW.

So I went searching over the internet, found there was a Eroot v1.3.3, really not sure if it's official, cos there was (only) v1.2 official app from eroot.me (holy moly ! eroot.me website is gone !!! it's a online sim unlock codes site now ! What happened?), so, with this v1.3.3, it recognized my phone within a second.

Before I clic on that root button, just wanted to check with you experts if the Eroot v1.3.3 is legitimate, or is it some sort of fake app out there.

Thanks again !

Have a nice day.

Cheers

Glad i can help mate

Dafuq? eroot.me is gone? Thanks for the heads up, i will change the link accordingly and reroute the link to my dropbox.
Sorry for that

with eroot 1.2 i wasnt able to root too if i recall correctly.... i fired up the 1.2 version it immediately wanted to upgrade, or something. So i let it pull it's update and it worked like a breeze then.

Regarding your version, i really don't know if it is fake or not sorry but what i can say is that i'm fixing the link and it should be up and running again in approx. 4 min.
eRoot link is fixed
if you can wait till there, you have most definately the ledigt version

also i'm by far no expert and i don't deserve to be called like that
Last edited by Onecton; 29th September 2013 at 11:52 AM.
29th September 2013, 12:02 PM   |  #10  

69 posts
More
Quote:

Glad i can help mate

Dafuq? eroot.me is gone? Thanks for the heads up, i will change the link accordingly and reroute the link to my dropbox.
Sorry for that

with eroot 1.2 i wasnt able to root too if i recall correctly.... i fired up the 1.2 version it immediately wanted to upgrade, or something. So i let it pull it's update and it worked like a breeze then.

Regarding your version, i really don't know if it is fake or not sorry but what i can say is that i'm fixing the link and it should be up and running again in approx. 4 min.
eRoot link is fixed
if you can wait till there, you have most definately the ledigt version

also i'm by far no expert and i don't deserve to be called like that

Thanks again Onecton for the quick reply.

I've downloaded v.1.2 form your original link way before the site is gone (it was yet there 2 days ago!), so no need to be sorry for that

I also fired up v.1.2 like you did, it started to update itself by downloading quite amount of data like you said, but when the update is done, it gave me that error message No such thing with v.1.3.3, it doesn't download anything and recognized my phone immediately... I saw there's even a v.1.3.4 out there!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Android General by ThreadRank