ZTE V5 Pro on sale on the 24th

Search This thread

pazvanti

Mar 30, 2010
Timisoara
inchina.tech
Offer has ended!
For those looking for firmware update, look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63371647&postcount=394

TB1cKCtJFXXXXX5XVXX.3btLVXX-1920-679.jpg

Offer has ended!
For those looking for firmware update, look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63371647&postcount=394

The ZTE V5 Pro will be sold for 159.99$ on the 24th on Aliexpress. Only 2000 units will have this price, so keep on eye open on Thursday. Direct link to shop: Mod Edit by @Darth : Online store link removed.
Source (contains affiliate link): Mod Edit by @Darth : Online store link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 18, 2015
I'm interested in this phone. It's too bad there are absolutely no reviews of it on youtube or anywhere else. The camera software you see for only a second in one of the product showcase videos looks pretty awesome (it looks like the Lumia camera software) but I'd like to know how the pictures actually turn out.

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
Both me and my gf have bought one today (she made an AliExpress account just for this), love it already. Think this will be better than the Xiaomi RedMi Note 2 that I was waiting for. The price is definitely better. The build looks nicer too, and it supports MicroSD.

The only review I could find of this device is here - http://www.chinasmartphonereview.com/zte-v5-pro-n939st-fingerprint-id/

They ran out of the discounted stock now. So that's 2000 units in less than 12 hours!

Last edited:

kingoddball

Jun 27, 2010
Sydney
Me too. Bought one. Hope we can get a CWM and a few custom english roms. For the price = great spec!
I got the last unit! 235AUD. It said 0001 left and I got it - 1hour ago.

geluadi2000

Nov 3, 2011
Alba Iulia
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Regarding this phone, please share with us the situation on dual-sim... From what i read there is DUAL 4G ACTIVE on both sim at same time...so i can have both sim on 4G at the same time and we can use OR 1 sim -4G and second sim -2G?
thanks!

yourmate

Dec 2, 2003
London
rooting, TWRP, flashing your ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3

So I hope you have managed to read the first 9 posts in this thread to be able to read this one!
If you haven't then you are hopeless and probably the best thing you can do is to post a "How can I root/TWRP this phone?" question in this thread and somebody might give you justice...

Rooting & TWRP guide for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:
Please read my post

How to install CyanogenMod on ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:
Please read my post

How to install original ZTE 5.1 [CNUnicom 1.34] ROM ROOTED with TWRP, GApps nano, MultiLang & all Chinese stuff removed:
Please read my post

How to make your Chinese/English ROM MultiLingual:
Please read supercowz' post

How to use two SIM cards plus an SD card on ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:

The original ZTE ROMs are on ZTE's website:
pictures & specs
downloads for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3 (please choose N939st)
download link for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3 CNUnicom 1.34 ROM

You can download them either by registering on baidu directly or follow this guide:
Please read badermq's post

Please note that all the usual crap applies: you will void your warranty/I am not responsible for your stupidity/you can seriously f**k up your phone kind of crap!

I don't share any links to ET Star (the seller on Aliexpress) ROMs as I consider them crap with full of bloatware and such unsecure. You might have a different view but I am not interested so please do NOT reply to this post regarding this, although I am cool if you're happy with the ROM.

Last edited:

CamoGeko

Retired Forum Moderator
I would keep it myself if I could change to a custom ROM (preferably cyanogenmod). As probably this never gonna be a mainstream device with many developers owning one I am probably out of luck - I don't even have a custom ROM for my HTC E8...

I noticed however that it has Snapdragon on board.

Never say never, it already has Chinese TWRP recovery and CM build (alpha).

The three ZTE V5 Pros I managed to order yesterday have been now been shipped so lets see how long it takes them to get to UK.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Me too. Bought one. Hope we can get a CWM and a few custom english roms. For the price = great spec!
I got the last unit! 235AUD. It said 0001 left and I got it - 1hour ago.

Nice one, it was saying 0001 for a while. I was even considering ordering a 4th one lol

yourmate

Dec 2, 2003
London
Never say never, it already has Chinese TWRP recovery and CM build (alpha).
If you say so ;) Link?

The three ZTE V5 Pros I managed to order yesterday have been now been shipped so lets see how long it takes them to get to UK.
I got the email this morning from AE although I have not received a tracking number yet still I expecting it midweek.
I was thinking to buy some more but wasn't sure about the build quality. Pictures were fine but I wanted to see it in flesh.

Nice one, it was saying 0001 for a while. I was even considering ordering a 4th one lol
Probably they sold more than a 1,000 as they had no problem - the money was coming in and they probably just needed to walk across the street to the manufacturing plant to order some more for today :D

Xraven771

Dec 5, 2013
Put a order in for mine last night and got shipped today suppose to be with me in 3-5 days , looking at the specs and build quality it seems like a great phone for the price, would be great like mentioned above if custom roms would become available but who knows :)

Cristi_C

Sep 25, 2015
Bucharest
Bought one too.
After the payment was made, I've started to regret my decision. First, I've sent the seller a message regarding the delivery details. Got no real reply, just two spam ones , with a "one of a kind offer" for "a special customer like me".
I've decided to patiently wait for the seller to reply to my message, but, to my surprise, this morning I've got a notification from aliexpress leting me know that the parcel has been shiped. After about 24h still no answer from the seller.
I've tried the tracking number on DHL(I've paid extra 5$ for it) and on 17track, with no succes.
After some searches in the feedback of the seller, and some searches on google. I've found out about the awfull Eternal Team.
Although the seller that I've bought from the phone is ETStar, I do belive that is the same with Eternal Team.
Let's hope that we won't be in the same situation as these guys were.

L.E: the tracking number seems to work on 4px, at least it's showing the destination country.

Xraven771

Dec 5, 2013
Got mine from ETStar seller but just received a strange message asking for shipping information , i have ordered lots of products before from aliexpress :/

Dear friend
Sorry to tell you that DHL inform us that from recipient information they can't find your address.
please provide the correct country name, city name, zip code, so that they can transfer the parcel for you
That's why there is no tracking information .
Pls check via this link, and provide us the address again

Pls leave your address in such format(write in English)
Name:
Address:
City
State/Province:
Zip Code:
Phone:
Regards
Luna-etstar

kingoddball

Jun 27, 2010
Sydney
Hmm..
I guess we all wait.
When I cancelled my first one (the discount where I was charged full price $232USD) I was refunded in full within 6 hours.

I have had no issues at all with aliexpress, they actually have really good customer protection.
I bought an arcade board (PANDORA 3 or something) and seller gave poor info (needed CGA, send VGA) and they refunded in full in a few hours.
Worst case for us is we get a refund hahaha :)

Awesome specs on this phone for the price!
Lets hope for a full english UI and nice hackabilty!

Edit: That link is great! Thanks! CM already!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this Fw is old now, New FW 1.36 + patch released please look here !

full official firmware ZTE 1.35 is out

FULL official Firmware 1.35 here !!

Patch Version 4 for ZTE V5 PRO official Fw 1.35 made by XDA : Supercowz (spzjulien)

Important !!!!!!!! Fastboot not work well with USB3

Method 1 Patch for official Firmware 1.35 (Root Gapps and Multilangues...)

THIS PATCH IS FOR ZTE FW 1.35 Only, please update your phone first !

QUICK GUIDE
    full install (TWRP + root + gapps + mutli langs ) use :
    install original ZTE FW 1.35 and
    use:
    1.install.TWRP.Root.Gapps.bat

then

2.Install.Patch.bat

PS : i spend lot of time to fix it, if you like my work feel free to buy me a cofee, i will be very happy :)
    PAYPAL link here

version 3.0 :
    (bootloop fixed !!!) for zte pro v5 official Fw 1.35
    decompiled framwork-res and Setting from Firmware 1.35 (not used 1.29 files anymore) and recompiled will all languages, no more bugs !! and v3 working on all phone, not only my phone ....

version 3.1 :
    added SystemUI.apk transalted to de,es,fr,ja,ko,pt,ru,zh

version 4.0 :
    - improved bat file, auto install ZTE and ADB driver and auto check/run as ADMIN,
    and check if the phone is connected ....
    - only 2 easy bat file for user-friendly install :
    1.install.TWRP.Root.Gapps.bat
    2.Install.Patch.bat
    - improved translation
    - added all language to SystemUI.apk, not only de,es,fr,ja,ko,pt,ru,zh
    - added translated Contacts.apk
    - Gapps installer modified to auto delete Chinese apps (Fw1.34 and Fw1.35), before installing

How to install Full Fw1.35 and patch :

1) copy official firmware 1.35 in zip (N939St_update 1.35.zip) to your external SDCARD (you need SDcard to flash FW) flash 1.35 firmware via original recovery or TWRP then reboot by pressing power button since reboot option doesn’t work on TWRP

* to easy boot recovery use software update from nubia and clic recovery .....

OPTIONAL BUT BETTER : wipe and factory reset !!
    (backup your data first !)
    or
    if you want to keep your Data just wipe cache and dalvkit

then scroll down to apply update from SDcard in original recovery
    or clic install on TWRP
    then choice N939St_update 1.35.zip

2) when phone boot, switch to English language, go to setting and from last option count 8 and ist language setting (ist above cloud icon !)
    change keyboard form sogu to English keyboard
    3) activate Developer options (Settings/About phone and click 10x on Build number)
    4) connect phone to the computer
    5) in Developer options switch on OEM unlocking and USB debugging
    6) made sure USB MTP mode is enabled
    7) enable your computer (look at your phone...)
    8) extract full.Patch.for.FW1.35.verXXX.zip to your computer and start 1.install.TWRP.Root.Gapps.bat, it will ask you to istall driver if you dont have them,then follow the process and it will unclock and flash TWRP recovery and install english patch and copy SuperSU-v2.52.zip (root your phone) and Gapps.ZTE.Spz.zip (install play store) from your internal memory

when patch finished the phone will reboot to the new TWRP recovery

10) when in TRWP recovery clic install and choice SuperSU-v2.52.zip then install Gapps.ZTE.Spz.zip too and reboot the phone by keep pressing power on your phone !
    wait your phone fully boot and install ... the phone may blink
    just wait 4-5mn ... Finish enjoy rooted and google play...
    11) now your phone is rooted and google play is working, you can install 2.Install.Patch.bat , and after patch is done, your phone will reboot, all is done, enjoy

Know error :
    1) Some computer with USB3 not work properly with Fastboot !
    2) If your phone is booted to fastboot, NUBIA logo, and patch waiting for device (your phone is not dead !! just in fastboot mode, you can force power buton to reboot it )
    Try to force install fastboot driver, open devices manager and check if Android USB device have not a yellow triangle, and force driver for Android USB device, clic update driver, then update manually, choice from the list, then and choiceandroid phone and choice fastboot driver .... and accept

FIX Locscreen Wallpaper bug
    Calibrate battery or battery fix
    How To Install Xposed

method 2 full TWRP backup with patch version 3.0 :

TWRP full backup with root gapps and all languages

1. get TWRP up and running on your V5 Pro and make a full nandroid backup on your external_sd
    2. download the rom from here : https://mega.nz/#!igc3jQoJ!uxp5RXkrkZ2-aqabd8uxY0JmZtfl6tN7fS2so_VZqBY password : spz

3. unzip the file and copy the content to the relevant TWRP folder: (yourstoragecard/TWRP/BACKUP/yourhash/copy_to_here)
    4. wipe everything in TWRP (dalvik/system(!!)/data/internal_sd/cache)
    5. restore this nandroid backup (and not your one previously made)
    6. when you are on the activation screen after the first boot please give the device a good 5 minutes to get everything in order!
    Have fun!
    rooting, TWRP, flashing your ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3

So I hope you have managed to read the first 9 posts in this thread to be able to read this one!
    If you haven't then you are hopeless and probably the best thing you can do is to post a "How can I root/TWRP this phone?" question in this thread and somebody might give you justice...

Rooting & TWRP guide for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:
    Please read my post

How to install CyanogenMod on ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:
    Please read my post

How to install original ZTE 5.1 [CNUnicom 1.34] ROM ROOTED with TWRP, GApps nano, MultiLang & all Chinese stuff removed:
    Please read my post

How to make your Chinese/English ROM MultiLingual:

How to use two SIM cards plus an SD card on ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3:

The original ZTE ROMs are on ZTE's website:
    pictures & specs
    downloads for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3 (please choose N939st)
    download link for ZTE V5 Pro/N939ST/Mighty 3 CNUnicom 1.34 ROM

You can download them either by registering on baidu directly or follow this guide:
    Please read badermq's post

Please note that all the usual crap applies: you will void your warranty/I am not responsible for your stupidity/you can seriously f**k up your phone kind of crap!

I don't share any links to ET Star (the seller on Aliexpress) ROMs as I consider them crap with full of bloatware and such unsecure. You might have a different view but I am not interested so please do NOT reply to this post regarding this, although I am cool if you're happy with the ROM.
    ZTE V5 Pro N939St CNUnicom 1.34 [MultiLang with GApps nano & NObloatware]

Here is a new retake on the V5 Pro original ZTE ROM
    Same TWRP nandroid backup as before with everything working, all Chinese crap* deleted and Google Apps nano installed plus I have integrated supercowz MultiLang enabler :good:

Quick how-to run down:
    1. get TWRP up and running on your V5 Pro and make a full nandroid backup on your external_sd
    2. download the rom from here
    3. unzip the file and copy the content to the relevant TWRP folder: (yourstoragecard/TWRP/BACKUP/yourhash/copy_to_here)
    4. wipe everything in TWRP (dalvik/system(!!)/data/internal_sd/cache)
    5. restore this nandroid backup (and not your one previously made)
    6. when you are on the activation screen after the first boot please give the device a good 5 minutes to get everything in order!
    Have fun!

Can I also ask for some feedback from members installed this as at least one person run into problems previously but had no positive feedback at all from others?!? Thanks!

So once again, before you start this procedure please make sure you have a FULL NANDROID BACKUP and save it to your SD card! Please note that all the usual crap applies!**

*at least the ones I could identify and delete without risking the integrity of the ROM
    **you will void your warranty/I am not responsible for your stupidity/you can seriously f**k up your phone kind of crap!
    Please use the md5 hash - there is a reason it's included!
    Unofficial multilanguage rom for ZTE N939ST weiwu3 (V5 pro)

any chance to roll back? is there any tool or firmware?

Hi guys, if somebody lost the (partially) multilanguage rom with ota update, here is the rom from the phone.
    Gapps included, china partially removed. This is a fastboot rom. Unrar to folder, start phone in fastboot mode, start the flash.bat inside the folder, and connect the phone via usb cable to pc.
    h*t*t*p*s//drive.google.com/file/d/0B3xT5pE20ssMSEU0cVdnMF9DOHM/view?usp=sharing