[Q] Corrupted Images?

Search This thread

Ratlegion

Aug 22, 2010
My wife is using an Evo 4g. I used to use this phone, never had any problems. In the last couple months in two incidents about 5 weeks apart, she has taken images that looked fine pulling the image back up minutes later. However, later in the day some of the images would become corrupted, with about half of the image being distorted and the other half appearing normal. I am thinking that this may be a external storage issue, but I was interested in getting some opinions of the community before I started blaming the phone. Any ideas?

melvinchng

Oct 17, 2010
Penang
My wife is using an Evo 4g. I used to use this phone, never had any problems. In the last couple months in two incidents about 5 weeks apart, she has taken images that looked fine pulling the image back up minutes later. However, later in the day some of the images would become corrupted, with about half of the image being distorted and the other half appearing normal. I am thinking that this may be a external storage issue, but I was interested in getting some opinions of the community before I started blaming the phone. Any ideas?

Never has this problem before. Yeah, I think it may be external storage issue. Or maybe you use apps on this picture to edit it.

Accidentally sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA Premium

Hey Ratlegion,

I've been experiencing a similar problem with my Evo over the past few months at seeming random. After a bit of Google-research it looks like the root cause may be a faulting SD card.

This fellow offers a restore service which may help this endeavor:

http://www.impulseadventure.com/photo/fix-corrupt-jpeg-photo.html

If anyone out there comes across automated tools that could help in this process I'd be grateful to know. Thanks.