[Q] Control android phone from pc?? Pick up call and stuff??

Search This thread

emregezgin

Nov 26, 2008
Copenhagen
Is it possible to do this with android?

I am looking for a system which can make a windows pc remote controle an android phone, just like a bluetooth headset..

I want it to pick up call's as a minimum, but it would be cool if i can dial and make calls from the pc and receive/answer sms..

Does anybody know a program/app that can do this?

Over wifi or bluetooth.. Both can be used..

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Is it possible to do this with android?

I am looking for a system which can make a windows pc remote controle an android phone, just like a bluetooth headset..

I want it to pick up call's as a minimum, but it would be cool if i can dial and make calls from the pc and receive/answer sms..

Does anybody know a program/app that can do this?

Over wifi or bluetooth.. Both can be used..

You could try this: https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwibmV0LnhkZXZlbG9wLnJtIl0.

Thomas JRP

Jun 17, 2012
"Remote Phone Call" by JustRemotePhone

Hello,

We have developed an application which allows to call numbers on Android phones through a PC. The app also allows to pick up calls.

Look for the trail version of "Remote Phone Call" at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhoneTrial or for the full version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhone

Since we have replaced our traditional office phones by mobile phones, we use our app every day by ourselves in conjunction with a Mono-Overhead-Bluetooth headset.

With the last version we have also a Microsoft Office integration for Outlook, Word and Excel. This integration allows calling of contacts, mail sender and recipients, numbers from editor text and Excel cell contents.

I hope this helps

Thomas.
JustRemotePhone@gmail.com

H-Aaen

Oct 5, 2007
Controll a call 100% from mac

Hi

I have tried the different apps in this thread. But nothing helps me with my problem.

The setup.

I have my phone at one place (Denmark) and my macbook pro at another (France). so they can not be cabled together and they are not on the same WIFI.

The functions i need.

Make phone call from my macbook
Answer phone call on my macbook
send sms from my macbook

The benefit
I can call my friends at the place where my phone is (Denmark) at normal danish tarifs with my normal danish number but from my computer at the second place (France).

kaiser2000

Mar 21, 2008
Hello,

We have developed an application which allows to call numbers on Android phones through a PC. The app also allows to pick up calls.

Look for the trail version of "Remote Phone Call" at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhoneTrial or for the full version at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=justPhone.remotePhone

Since we have replaced our traditional office phones by mobile phones, we use our app every day by ourselves in conjunction with a Mono-Overhead-Bluetooth headset.

With the last version we have also a Microsoft Office integration for Outlook, Word and Excel. This integration allows calling of contacts, mail sender and recipients, numbers from editor text and Excel cell contents.

I hope this helps

Thomas.

Just discovered this app tonight.. fantastic! With some additional tweaking I've managed to set it up so I can make and receive calls using the onboard speakers and microphone of my laptop. Here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to give it a try:

1. Download Remote Phone Call from the Market - I used the trial version to test this but will be getting the full one based on the results!

2. Install on your phone and laptop (Win 7 x64 in my case)

3. Connect using Bluetooth NOT wireless (in fact disable wireless connectivity in the Remote Phone Call app options on your phone)

4. Pair your phone (Galaxy Note 2 in my case) to your laptop over Bluetooth

5. Goto Control Panel, Devices and Printers.. you should see your phone here if you've paired it right

6. Right-Click it, click Properties, then the Services tab and tick them all. Click Apply

7. Windows will install the drivers it needs but will probably fail on Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Go here and follow the instructions - make sure you get the right version for your machine (32-bit driver / 64-bit driver).
There's also links for AMD CPU versions on the same page (scroll down to the bottom left)

8. Assuming you get the missing driver installed, start Remote Phone Call in Windows and click on the Bluetooth headset icon at the top (choose your laptop name from the list)

That should do it! :)

One request... if you could add a dialpad to the Windows app (for navigating IVR menus etc) that would make this even better!

Cheers

Reactions: lordblacksuca

SvenV

Feb 17, 2013
did you find this?

Hi

I have tried the different apps in this thread. But nothing helps me with my problem.

The setup.

I have my phone at one place (Denmark) and my macbook pro at another (France). so they can not be cabled together and they are not on the same WIFI.

The functions i need.

Make phone call from my macbook
Answer phone call on my macbook
send sms from my macbook

The benefit
I can call my friends at the place where my phone is (Denmark) at normal danish tarifs with my normal danish number but from my computer at the second place (France).

Hey,

Did you find a solution for this? I want to do the same and that would be amazing. I'm not able to find an app that can do this. I know it should work through a fixed IP of DYNS. The app 'remote phone call' is getting close, but still you can't call from the PC of Mac and also only from the same network.

Would be very nice if you found a sollution. I think this is what a lot of travellers are waiting for :)

Thanks,
Sven

emregezgin

Nov 26, 2008
Copenhagen
Just discovered this app tonight.. fantastic! With some additional tweaking I've managed to set it up so I can make and receive calls using the onboard speakers and microphone of my laptop. Here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to give it a try:

1. Download Remote Phone Call from the Market - I used the trial version to test this but will be getting the full one based on the results!

3. Connect using Bluetooth NOT wireless (in fact disable wireless connectivity in the Remote Phone Call app options on your phone)

5. Goto Control Panel, Devices and Printers.. you should see your phone here if you've paired it right

6. Right-Click it, click Properties, then the Services tab and tick them all. Click Apply

7. Windows will install the drivers it needs but will probably fail on Bluetooth Peripheral Device
Go here and follow the instructions - make sure you get the right version for your machine (32-bit driver / 64-bit driver).
There's also links for AMD CPU versions on the same page (scroll down to the bottom left)

8. Assuming you get the missing driver installed, start Remote Phone Call in Windows and click on the Bluetooth headset icon at the top (choose your laptop name from the list)

One request... if you could add a dialpad to the Windows app (for navigating IVR menus etc) that would make this even better!

Cheers

I cant make it work.. What bluetooth card do you have?? Broadcom right??
Do you know what chip it has? and where did you get the driver??

Thx so far... :) It looks like i am so close to my goal.. If i can make this work then my carpc will be perfect :)

Jul 26, 2012
MyPhoneExplorer

Why don't you guys try MyPhoneExplorer? Its simple, its decent, its lightening fast. Only drawback, you cannot talk on phone via PC. Rest all, it does.

On top of that its FREE!

Regards,
-D

manaxda

Oct 29, 2011

[SNIP]

Cheers

Hi kaiser2000, could you share which USD Bluetooth dongle you used? I've tried everything but can't make my desktop and my Android phone connect via bluetooth...

Mana

Opus Dei

May 8, 2011
Belgrade
"Remote Phone Call" by JustRemotePhone

I have an issue with this. I install PC software and apk. Connection is ok, but when I want to check Service status (service not running) I have error code 514 ( Your licence could not be verified...).

Anyone?

Last edited:

frozenxis

May 1, 2018
still looking

I know this is an old thread, but I destroyed google search all day long having the same problem.
Android Phone is in country A, I am in country B.
How can I make remote calls through WIFI?
I don't have Windows > only Ubuntu and MacOS with me in country B.
I have adb access to phone in country A, also fixed IP there.

Are there any solutions in 2020? I tried teamviewer but it doesnt route the audio over internet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I hope this helps

Thomas.

Cheers