[FIX] [SOLVED!] Play Store No Connection Error Fix!

Search This thread

777JIM

Oct 2, 2015
hi Ronney. Fix did not work for me. it said error writing to file.using a ZTE majesty droid. any ideas where to go from here. thanks. have a great day.

custom lover

Nov 4, 2015
play store no connection on cm 10.1 galaxy tab 2 p3100

I am using galaxy tab 2 p3100 3g version.I had tried several custom roms,now I shifted back to cyanogenmod 10.1 stable version,but some how my play store tend to have the same problem that is mentioned above.I had tried all the above methods , but it doesn't seem to work on this thing if you have any other ideas pls share:(:crying:

vinayshakyawar

Nov 5, 2015
Doesnt worked for me

i followed.every step as shown but still no connection problem occuring:confused::rolleyes::(

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I am using micromax a120 .I had tried several custom roms,now I shifted back to stable version,but some how my play store tend to have the same problem that is mentioned above.I had tried all the above methods , but it doesn't seem to work on this thing if you have any other ideas pls share:(:crying:
What should I do please share fix for this error.

Ron rogers

Nov 14, 2015
Idk but this worked for me

I know this is already solved but I spent months looking through forums but this is a really weird thing which worked for me so I can help the people who are searching just like I was go into developer options-and then show surface updates and it should work :)

annax

Mar 11, 2012
Jakarta
Finally, it really WORKS !!!

Thank man, you're the best!

FYI, we can also use ES Explorer for edit the host file
Just enable root explorer on the menu, find etc/host
then open it as text, and open with ES note editor

pingfloid

Aug 6, 2009
Thank you for your suggestions. Unfortunately, I cannot edit or delete the hosts file with Total Commander or ES Explorer (cannot enable root explorer on the menu).

I am supposed to have the Nexus 7 rooted, but when I run SuperSU it says "The Su binary needs to be updated", and then "Installation failed! Please reboot and try again". Rebooting makes no difference

I cannot access Google Play Store since CyanogenMod was upgraded to 12.1-20151117-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DA01K9-flo

I have already tried all this:

• Check that time, date and time zone are correct
• Turning airplane mode on then off again
• Clear data & cache from Google Play Store & Google Play Services
• Remove Google Play Store & Google Play Services and reinstall from .apk
• Delete WiFi connections and create again

Any other recommendation?

Thank you

yogeshnetke

Dec 6, 2015
its not working on my device
modified file can't save

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

I recently rooted my red mi 2prime and science Ican't access play store I have tried editing host file method but it shows remount error please help

clicheee

Dec 14, 2015
It says "error writing to the file" oh got pls help. Dont know what to do. I freak-out when my play store aint working so i tried to reboot it. But nothing happens. It got worse. Pls help.

Naveed Mazhar

Jan 3, 2016
The problem with google play while using freedom app can also be resolved by turning off the freedom app from it menu on the upper right side of the app just tap it and it and click on stop the freedom app will stop and your Google Play store will work normal :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store or HERE.
    2. Install it in your Device.
    3. Open Total Commander and goto Root of System. (/ )
    4. Open the etc folder.
    5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
    6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.
    7. Save the file and overwrite if needed.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877489996531

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

Please leave a "Thanks!" if it helped!
    another way..

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

Here is a short fix for the No Connection Error on play store. It may not work on all devices.

1. Download Total Commander from Play Store.
    4. Open the etc folder.
    5. Find the file named "hosts", and hold it for 3 seconds. Choose edit file, and choose Total Commander Text Editor if prompted.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!

Another way is to just delete the "hosts" file and reboot the device when it turns on again just open google play and choose your google account.

Hope I Helped ;)
    Guys if you have adaway installed, then you do not have to do all this! Just "update update the host files and it should fix everything"
    help

**ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Delete everything and paste this at the first line: " 127.0.0.1 localhost". Copy it exactly, dont modify anything.
    7. Save the file and overwrite if needed.

Downloads:
    Total Commander (Root file explorer I am using)

Once again feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I am doing anything wrong.

Please leave a "Thanks!" if it helped!

How do i solve this if i my nexus 4 is not rooted ?
    **ROOT IS REQUIRED!**

4. Open the etc folder.
    6. Add ---> " # " <--- before 2nd line like this " #74.125.93.113 android.clients.google.com "
    7. Save the file.
    8. Reboot your device
    9. Add Google Account
    10. Done!

This is a easy fix for root users. Shall you have any more problems, feel free to leave a question in the comments or PM me!
    thanks it works on my S4