[Solved] Google Sync Error

Search This thread

TheSteve87

Mar 14, 2014
If I were you I would remove the whole google account from the phone and delete all contacts. Boot into recovery, wipe cache, reboot and add google account.

But first of all I would make a nandroid backup!

Good luck :good:

this way worked for me aswell, thanks :D

i had this problem too after restoring some apps data with titanium, actually a friend of mine told me that i should clear an app's cache before doing a backup because else there's the chance you save some crap that can give you problems afterwards (and i didn't)... do you think this is what happened?

iZoal

Apr 12, 2014
Doha
If I were you I would remove the whole google account from the phone and delete all contacts. Boot into recovery, wipe cache, reboot and add google account.

I have done all the methods and now i can't sign in to Google account, it says can't establisht a reliable connection to the server

sa-bierman

Aug 12, 2012
Google sync not working

Hi i tried the above as you, but my LG G2 mini still wont sync on my phone, my tablet is fine and signing on on a pc works, i did a factory reset and still it wont sync
i keep getting a error
cant establish a reliable connection to server

any suggestions ?

thabluebull

Nov 26, 2011
Same issues here

The only notifications I get reliably are Sms messages. Hangouts, google voice, and Gmail apps all must be manually refreshed to get new messages. I'm using carbon rom on a sprint l900 note 2. This issue is driving me insane and nothing has worked. If there are any more suggestions for a fix, I'd love to hear them. I can't be certain, but the issue appeared to coincide with the installation of a battery saving app, which I have since deleted. I have a nexus 7 that does not have this issue at all.

bgumble

Dec 27, 2008
oneplus.net
I have done all the methods and now i can't sign in to Google account, it says can't establisht a reliable connection to the server

Hi i tried the above as you, but my LG G2 mini still wont sync on my phone, my tablet is fine and signing on on a pc works, i did a factory reset and still it wont sync
i keep getting a error
cant establish a reliable connection to server

any suggestions ?

The only notifications I get reliably are Sms messages. Hangouts, google voice, and Gmail apps all must be manually refreshed to get new messages. I'm using carbon rom on a sprint l900 note 2. This issue is driving me insane and nothing has worked. If there are any more suggestions for a fix, I'd love to hear them. I can't be certain, but the issue appeared to coincide with the installation of a battery saving app, which I have since deleted. I have a nexus 7 that does not have this issue at all.

I would start from scratch: factory reset and configure my google account.

If this is something you don't want to try, why not give it a try on a different ROM, or better, a different phone. I have an old hTC Desire and I test my google account with it. As long as this method works, the errors above might be ROM related.

ycs5

Jul 24, 2012
DMV
I had this issue with my (rooted) Sprint Note 3, and tried everything. But, the method of adding the '#' to the local ip address worked like a charm! Thank You!!

utkarsh1192

Nov 26, 2013
Tested Solution

It's pretty simple to get out of this situation. Simply follow these steps, worked for me:
  • Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  • Check that you are using the latest version of Google Applications. If not, then update them via Google Play Store.
  • Now, simply remove your Google account which is experiencing the Sync error and Add it back.
This should help.

Hit Thanks if it does.:)

Reactions: clandestina

MimKoRn

Apr 25, 2011
It's pretty simple to get out of this situation. Simply follow these steps, worked for me:
  • Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  • Check that you are using the latest version of Google Applications. If not, then update them via Google Play Store.
  • Now, simply remove your Google account which is experiencing the Sync error and Add it back.
This should help.

Hit Thanks if it does.:)

It does not help me.

I described the problem thoroughly in this stackexchange link: http://android.stackexchange.com/q/94063/41937 and in the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbAU-8TIf_w and mentioned it in the discussion of Keep here: https://plus.google.com/+ŠimonDemočko/posts/Y3mq64RZEEm

Basically Keep stopped working on all my android devices, won't load no cards and sync is experiencing issues. I have no clue how to fix this I tried removing and re-adding the account, reinstalling the app on both devices, rebooting, turning off and on sync, removing 2-step verification and re-adding it. Nothing helps. :(

farzadvahdat

Dec 4, 2010
Hello every body
i tried all the above solution but problemnot solved!
tried to clear google play cache,reconnect my google account,clear chache throw recovery!

samsung galaxy note 2(n7100) with diamont v6.1 custom rom.

bgumble

Dec 27, 2008
oneplus.net
Hello every body
i tried all the above solution but problemnot solved!
tried to clear google play cache,reconnect my google account,clear chache throw recovery!

samsung galaxy note 2(n7100) with diamont v6.1 custom rom.

This thread by now has >48,000 hits, 12 people (0.025%) hit thanks

If you ask me, the offered solutions can not work :(

nmga

Feb 21, 2010
I have the same problem with google calendar with my galaxy s3 and android 4.3.

The strange thing is when i uninstall google calendar the sync problems desapear ...

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Hello all

I Had same Issue
All i did was go to MY Account/ Google -
& TICK OFF the following :
Sync Drive
Sync Google+ Photos
Sync Google+ Uploads
Sync Picasa Web Albums
Sync Picasa Web Albums

rest i left them Ticked On
& my Google Sync all perfectly :)
No more Error Messages

clandestina

Jan 14, 2015
Porto
still nothing

i've tried everything on here and still not getting sync and my back up & restore part has the email account greyed out :eek:

clandestina

Jan 14, 2015
Porto
another rom

i get it working by installing another rom, it wanst the solution i expected but thats ok.
the rom is the new one from rolando88.

Nicoleeddy

Mar 9, 2015
simple fix and problem didn't come back

I fixed it on my Kyocera hydro icon all I did was go into settings and apps and clear all my data for Google play services, Gmail, Google+ , Google app, Google settings. Some of them say manage space there and clear the data. All is fixed!!!!

ilordvader

Oct 27, 2007
Mumbai
Hello all

I Had same Issue
All i did was go to MY Account/ Google -
& TICK OFF the following :
Sync Drive
Sync Google+ Photos
Sync Google+ Uploads
Sync Picasa Web Albums
Sync Picasa Web Albums

rest i left them Ticked On
& my Google Sync all perfectly :cool:
No more Error Messages

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Out of nothing my contact and calendar from google account didn't sync.

• (I reconfigured some time ago my google talk / hangouts, but I'm not sure that this was the reason for this google sync error)

In the sync settings of my google account an error appeared, something like

Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly​

first: it took me some hours to figure it out
    • nothing in this forum mentioned before helped like deleting account and google apps, wiping cache, rebooting etc.

finally ...

this is the solution / workaround that fixed it for me:​

1. open google calendar

2. click in menu settings

(here are only screenshots from my german android 4.1.2, but you should be able to follow the steps)

e287.jpg

3. in setting click on your existing gmail account

bpvb.jpg

4. in the settings of your existing account tab on add account

vfuc.jpg

5. on the following screen select google

6b07.jpg

6. enter now your login and password of your (existing) google account

qxwy.jpg

7. Open your account in settings, hit menu and sync now

8. enjoy and hit THANKS (or even better click on link in my signature to join dropbox) if it helped and looks like this (in settings / google):

4i0q.jpg

good to hear it worked :good:

I'd like to ask you to hit the 'thanks' button, as just a 'thanks' is the only honor I get. You'd be the 2nd person after >21.000 views of this thread. Thank you.
    Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly ~FIX~

~For Root Users ~​
    -First clear Google Play cache and data
    -Open Root Explorer or a another similar file explorer
    -Find the file named "ect" and open
    -For Root Explorer change Mount R/W to Mount R/O
    -Long press on the "hosts" file and tap "open in text editor"
    -See the IP address xxx.x.x.x Localhost
    -Add a "#" before the IP address, e.g - #xxx.x.x.x localhost
    -Save and reboot your device
    -tested on a Nexus 7 2013 running stock 4.4.2 build KOT49H with ElementalX kernel
    -I may have no responsibility if you device becomes bricked, do this at your own risk x.x

I hope this helped ^-^
    I'm on 4.4.3 Nexus 5, I got error "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly! " when I want to sync just google contacts, other google options like calendar and keep are synching fine.

Out of nothing my contact and calendar from google account didn't sync.

• (I reconfigured some time ago my google talk / hangouts, but I'm not sure that this was the reason for this google sync error)

In the sync settings of my google account an error appeared, something like

Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly​

first: it took me some hours to figure it out
    • nothing in this forum mentioned before helped like deleting account and google apps, wiping cache, rebooting etc.

finally ...

this is the solution / workaround that fixed it for me:​

1. open google calendar

2. click in menu settings

(here are only screenshots from my german android 4.1.2, but you should be able to follow the steps)

e287.jpg

3. in setting click on your existing gmail account

bpvb.jpg

4. in the settings of your existing account tab on add account

vfuc.jpg

5. on the following screen select google

6b07.jpg

6. enter now your login and password of your (existing) google account

qxwy.jpg

7. Open your account in settings, hit menu and sync now

8. enjoy and hit THANKS (or even better click on link in my signature to join dropbox) if it helped and looks like this (in settings / google):

4i0q.jpg

~For Root Users ~​
    -First clear Google Play cache and data
    -Open Root Explorer or a another similar file explorer
    -Find the file named "ect" and open
    -For Root Explorer change Mount R/W to Mount R/O
    -Long press on the "hosts" file and tap "open in text editor"
    -See the IP address xxx.x.x.x Localhost
    -Add a "#" before the IP address, e.g - #xxx.x.x.x localhost
    -Save and reboot your device
    -tested on a Nexus 7 2013 running stock 4.4.2 build KOT49H with ElementalX kernel
    -I may have no responsibility if you device becomes bricked, do this at your own risk x.x

I hope this helped ^-^

NOT Helped ... :(:rolleyes:

Can you specify? Like your android version, your error, what you did ...