[Q] Sensors Work And Stop Working

Search This thread

Shrewdy

I own a Galaxy S4 I9505 device.

Earlier I was running the stock based Custom ROM (Imperium 16.1, Android 4.4.2) on my S4 and there was no problem at all. That ROM gave me supreme performance, stability and battery life.

And then official Lollipop (5.0.1) was released by Samsung. I flashed the latest stock based custom Lollipop ROM on my device and the problem started (or may be the problem started because I have dropped my device once).

Now what happens is ... after I flash a ROM everything is working fine. But then after some uncertain period all the sensors stop working on the device.

Sometimes the issue is resolved by a simple restart, at times I have to clear the Cache and sometimes I have to clear the Cache and Dalvik Cache**.

All the sensors start working and after some time suddenly, all the sensors stop working.

I have tried all stock based Custom Lollipop ROMs and even AOSP based Lollipop ROMs, but this problem is persistent with all the Lollipop ROMS.
I have even tried Original Lollipop Firmware (flashed through odin), but the problem persists.
I open the back-cover and tightened all the screws, thinking it could resolve the issue. But the problem persists.

I am not able to decipher if this is a Software or Hardware issue.

Can anyone help me on this? Has anyone faced this type of problem? :crying:

I am not sure if this is the right place to post such a question. If it isn't please guide me to a proper thread.

Thanks

Attachments

• ProblemWithSensors.png
    ProblemWithSensors.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 65

radz_

Feb 23, 2013
b99e0eb586578fc1876ff391b5c9437c.jpg

Since you just said you drop the phone.. i think it has something to do with that... looks like a hardware issue..

Shrewdy

Since you just said you drop the phone.. i think it has something to do with that... looks like a hardware issue..

@radz.min thanks for the screen shot .... you think it could be a hardware issue ... but as i mentioned .... sensors work good for half an hour or so and then they stop working ... if it was a hardware issue ... it should not work at all .... right ?? :confused: