Code:
http://www.needrom.com/download/sp-flash-tool-v5-1424-00/
Alternative flash tools shops use that sometimes works better:
Code:
http://www.needrom.com/download/smart-phone-multiport-download/
Driver package*:
Code:
http://www.needrom.com/download/mtk-driver-auto-installer-v5-1453-03/

Scatter files usually come with roms since they're device specific. So, for instance, the twrp off needrom for the doogee x5 pro has two bundled in TWRP-X5-Pro-R11-Rom.rar:
Code:
http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-2-8-7-3-megthebest-5/
One for the TWRP recovery and one for the stock R11 recovery. You can compare the two and see they come with specific instruction for the device and usually name the rom files. For the purpose of unofficial recoveries, and roms in general, the file names are stripped from the scatter file or are deselected in the GUI. In this case, there are two customized scatters for two different roms.

*Typically, the driver and flash tool that matches it work fine. Sometimes, you need to mess around with versions so it's hard to know what to use. For instance, under windows 10 32bit, I used:
Driver: MediaTek Driver Package version 5.14.53.00
Flash Tool: MediaTek SP Flash Tool 5.15.32.00
Usually it's best to try the latest version and work your way backwards from there.

Last edited:

niknah

Jun 17, 2010
Doogee X3?

I couldn't get kingroot to work with Doogee X3.
sp flash tools wouldn't detect the X3 either, when I click "Download" it does nothing.

Tried mtkdroidroot too, the adb there wouldn't detect the device and if I upgraded the adb so that it detects the device, mtkdroidroot says adb failed.

There doesn't look like much different between the X3 and X5 except that the screen is smaller.

I have enabled oem unlock and debugging in the developer section. "fastboot oem unlock" seemed to have worked.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

awakekiwi

Oct 6, 2015
Nope sorry, this thread is for x5 pro, its 64bit ans different chipset so quite different to x3. Even the x5 and x5 pro require different process to root.

Aidriz

Mar 23, 2016
Can make a root for Doogee X5 Pro ~

Please help me.. I need the root.. Can everybody help me?

Romeohotel

Jul 12, 2015
So I finally got root with Kingroot, and swapped it out for SuperSU. But I haven't been able to flash TWRP at all. I'm guessing it's because the TWRP images available go up to R12, and I'm on R14. Is there an Image available for R14? Or should I roll back to R12 and then use the megathebest TWRP? And if I have root, can I flash the recovery image with Rashr or Flashify? or do I have to carry on my fight to the death to get Flashtool working? :eek: Cheers all.

Romeohotel

Jul 12, 2015
So I finally got root with Kingroot, and swapped it out for SuperSU. But I haven't been able to flash TWRP at all. I'm guessing it's because the TWRP images available go up to R12, and I'm on R14. Is there an Image available for R14? Or should I roll back to R12 and then use the megathebest TWRP? And if I have root, can I flash the recovery image with Rashr or Flashify? or do I have to carry on my fight to the death to get Flashtool working? :eek: Cheers all.

UPDATE: Well I went ahead and tried to flash a different version of the stock rom using SP Flash tool....and I'm bricked. I've tried multiple roms and multiple versions of flashtool, all with the same result: The download completes fine, the phone is recognised by the pc and I can browse all the folders on the phone, but when I try and boot it, the screen lights up...and that's it. No boot logo, and no recovery (tried flashing that independently as well, and the preloader). Any ideas anyone?

zanderman1985

May 10, 2013
can the guys who rooted with king root post what version you had when you did it? i have r08 and i've tried absolutely EVERYTHING, kingoroot, rootgenius, kingroot i could go on but nothings worked

regards alex

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7

I uploaded them, however if that SnowCat guy from 4PDA is making 6.0 (which I'm using currently) there must be 6.0 kernel sources, so off I go searching for them.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

My recommendation is to just flash TWRP from bootloader via fastboot and install SuperSU from there, makes things a lot easier since you can use the official Google USB drivers for that.

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I'm not telling anyone what to do, however KingRoot is known to be spyware.
It does it's job, however it sends personal data back to the KingRoot's developers' servers.
So I recommend not to use it if possible.
Search here on XDA for more information about the problematic nature of KingRoot.

Romeohotel

Jul 12, 2015
I'm not telling anyone what to do, however KingRoot is known to be spyware.
It does it's job, however it sends personal data back to the KingRoot's developers' servers.
So I recommend not to use it if possible.
Search here on XDA for more information about the problematic nature of KingRoot.

Agreed. I used it as a last resort on an out-of-the-box phone with zero data on it, and then immediately swapped it out for superSU. I wouldn't advise anyone to leave kingroot on their system.

bighun

Oct 29, 2010
i am trying to root my x5 pro and having no joy i have tried everything and no joy could someone who has flashed there x5 pro please set out how they did it starting with which file goes where and what recovery img do i use i have used sp flash tool and tried to download the files with scatter files installed and MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin but i am not sure what recovery image to use the flash tool works good but i just get red then yellow no purple in between any help would be good

moriel5

Jul 20, 2013
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
I can try to port CM12.1 for your device. I already ported to another MT6735M device.

The Doogie X5 Pro is a MT6735P device.
However, there is an odd story with it and the MT6735M chipset, so you have my support.
Could you also try CM13?
There are 6.0 kernel sources over at 4PDA, again with this l odd MT6735M story, so you could try it out, I still haven't downloaded it yet, probably I'll download it this week or next week, however I'm currently using AOSP 6.0 on my phone, courtesy of SnowCatPDA.

kirito9

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 30, 2013
The Doogie X5 Pro is a MT6735P device.
However, there is an odd story with it and the MT6735M chipset, so you have my support.
Could you also try CM13?
There are 6.0 kernel sources over at 4PDA, again with this l odd MT6735M story, so you could try it out, I still haven't downloaded it yet, probably I'll download it this week or next week, however I'm currently using AOSP 6.0 on my phone, courtesy of SnowCatPDA.

MT6735P, MT6735M or just MT6735 are just different variations of the chipset. The ROM should boot even though you still have an MT6735P ported from MT6735M. If you have stock ROM then I can tell you which files to upload and I will port. PM me for further instructions.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

A thread has been created and was deleted.. so, as I tried it out, here are the steps..

Disclaimer : I m not responsible and report what has been working for my case which was as well leading to no data lost, no wipe so far.
    Note : Having an alternate recovery (TWRP instead of 3e) would avoid a successfull any future phone update done through the menu. Updates will then have to be pushed with SP_Flash_Tool
    Thanks : doogeemobile.com / original xda thread by gramolitero

What could be needed : -> Same tools and steps as the Doogee X5, except the Scatted for MT6735 and recovery.img files.
    SP_Flash_Tools and Doogee X5 procedure
    TWRP Recovery file, in English
    + Attached Scatter for Mediatek MT6735
    - Optional- Doogee X5Pro Rom

Steps :
    - Download/Unpack FlashTools, run Flash_tool.exe as an Administrator
    - Select "Download Agent" and input MKT_AllInOne_DA.bin
    - Select "scatter-Loading" and search MT6735_Android_scatter.txt
    - Select "Download Only"
    - Uncheck all boxes
    - Checkmark and change the path of recovery file to be replaced.
    - Make sure the connection is made through USB in the options (See screenshot)
    - Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    - Press “Download” button to start and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
    - The process will start and a red progress bar will appear after color purple, yellow.
    - And green circles in a new window is then displayed.. -> OK
    - Finish !

Capture_v14_doogeeX5pro_update.PNG

Once this recovery has been done.
    - Boot the phone with Power and Vol+ simultaneously.
    - Select "Recovery" with VolUp key, validate with VolDown key.
    - Plug the phone to the PC, and drop the BETA-SuperSu.v220 on the SD Card
    - Install SuperSU then reboot.

The phone is now rooted.. place to Xposed, or any apps through the TWRP recovery.

Regards
    Pierrick
    Dear friends!
    I'm tune kernel everyday. You replies very important for me.
    Bu nothing donate from any forgin's peoples was do.
    Make me cookies, make me happi!

Seriously, now I make x64 kernel 5.1 and will come many ROM's for x64 OS.
    That was quick, @crazytiti! Kudos for finding the cause and coming up with a working solution!

I was working at it, too, after your first post. It looks like in R17, they tried to add the proper battery capacity to the power_profile.xml (2400 mAh instead of 1000), but deleted all other values in that file!
    I copied the R15 file, just like crazytiti, but updated the battery capacity value to 2400. And packaged the new framework-res.apk in a flashable zip file for TWRP. Download here.
    I am happy to report that Kingroot apk now successfully roots X5 Pro with latest updates. Works a treat! No tricks needed.
    Just install Kingroot and run it, phone will reboot, and bingo done!
    mokkayy ...
    So i get the framework-res.apk from R15 and R17
    unpack them with apk multi tool
    compare the /framework-res/res/xml/power_profile.xml file
    => R17 seems broken little size / less text in it
    So i repack the apk with the R15 file
    Put it back on the phone using TWRP file manager (DON'T DO IT WHILE RUNNING YOU WILL CRASH THE PHONE AND MAKE IT UNABLE TO BOOT :crying: )
    And now ....
    nothing it's still broken. EDIT => it's working !!!! (after a complete charge you ll have to wait to have first stats)
    attached the R15 R17 framework-res.apk and the modified R17 apk
    EDIT2 : please use the one by Tzul it have the original modification from doogee (battery 2400 vs 1000) + it's a recovery flashable zip, see next post on next page
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=82259