How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Access folder by PC

OP outrofelipe

15th August 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Hey guys!

I have a problem ...

I use an app for courses (Udemy) and it have the option to download courses for offline watching.
Did it. I can watch the app offline, but wanted to move to the PC. I found the files in the folder:

android / data / com.udemy.android / files / udemy-final-downloads

Within this folder I have several folders, each containing one video of the course. The problem is that when plug the mobile in PC most of the files do not appear.

In short: I can see all the phone but the PC does not appear the most.

I've tried with linux and windows. Already asked to view hidden files and resolves nothing.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Obs.'s Mobile phone is a Moto X.

Thanks Guys!

Felipe
15th August 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #2  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 336
 
1,144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrofelipe

Hey guys!

I have a problem ...

I use an app for courses (Udemy) and it have the option to download courses for offline watching.
Did it. I can watch the app offline, but wanted to move to the PC. I found the files in the folder:

android / data / com.udemy.android / files / udemy-final-downloads

Within this folder I have several folders, each containing one video of the course. The problem is that when plug the mobile in PC most of the files do not appear.

In short: I can see all the phone but the PC does not appear the most.

I've tried with linux and windows. Already asked to view hidden files and resolves nothing.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Obs.'s Mobile phone is a Moto X.

Thanks Guys!

Felipe

Move the files or folder to your highest directory. Should be something like /storage/emulated/0. FYI, your device has to be unlocked (meaning PIN or pattern or password or whatever) to open anything on the phone on your PC.
Last edited by Planterz; 15th August 2014 at 10:26 AM.
15th August 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Move the files or folder to your highest directory. Should be something like /storage/emulated/0. FYI, your device has to be unlocked (meaning PIN or pattern or password or whatever) to open anything on the phone on your PC.

hey friend, thanks for answer!

I tried that but it did not work.
Is there any setting to display mobile files on PC?
15th August 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #4  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 336
 
1,144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrofelipe

hey friend, thanks for answer!

I tried that but it did not work.
Is there any setting to display mobile files on PC?

That's weird. How about uploading them to cloud storage, like DropBox or Google Drive?
15th August 2014, 02:09 PM   |  #5  
outofelipe's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
I tried it too. The files are very big 4.8 GB and always stop. I'll try do it littke files at time.
15th August 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #6  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 336
 
1,144 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Send to PC over Bluetooth?

Delete and re-download them to a location of your choosing?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes