FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] Access folder by PC

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By outrofelipe, Junior Member on 15th August 2014, 05:19 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys!

I have a problem ...

I use an app for courses (Udemy) and it have the option to download courses for offline watching.
Did it. I can watch the app offline, but wanted to move to the PC. I found the files in the folder:

android / data / com.udemy.android / files / udemy-final-downloads

Within this folder I have several folders, each containing one video of the course. The problem is that when plug the mobile in PC most of the files do not appear.

In short: I can see all the phone but the PC does not appear the most.

I've tried with linux and windows. Already asked to view hidden files and resolves nothing.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Obs.'s Mobile phone is a Moto X.

Thanks Guys!

Felipe
 
 
15th August 2014, 09:23 AM |#2  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 631
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrofelipe

Hey guys!

I have a problem ...

I use an app for courses (Udemy) and it have the option to download courses for offline watching.
Did it. I can watch the app offline, but wanted to move to the PC. I found the files in the folder:

android / data / com.udemy.android / files / udemy-final-downloads

Within this folder I have several folders, each containing one video of the course. The problem is that when plug the mobile in PC most of the files do not appear.

In short: I can see all the phone but the PC does not appear the most.

I've tried with linux and windows. Already asked to view hidden files and resolves nothing.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Obs.'s Mobile phone is a Moto X.

Thanks Guys!

Felipe

Move the files or folder to your highest directory. Should be something like /storage/emulated/0. FYI, your device has to be unlocked (meaning PIN or pattern or password or whatever) to open anything on the phone on your PC.
Last edited by Planterz; 15th August 2014 at 09:26 AM.
15th August 2014, 10:51 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Planterz

Move the files or folder to your highest directory. Should be something like /storage/emulated/0. FYI, your device has to be unlocked (meaning PIN or pattern or password or whatever) to open anything on the phone on your PC.

hey friend, thanks for answer!

I tried that but it did not work.
Is there any setting to display mobile files on PC?
15th August 2014, 10:56 AM |#4  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 631
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrofelipe

hey friend, thanks for answer!

I tried that but it did not work.
Is there any setting to display mobile files on PC?

That's weird. How about uploading them to cloud storage, like DropBox or Google Drive?
15th August 2014, 01:09 PM |#5  
outofelipe's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I tried it too. The files are very big 4.8 GB and always stop. I'll try do it littke files at time.
15th August 2014, 08:23 PM |#6  
Planterz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tucson, AZ
Thanks Meter: 631
 
More
Send to PC over Bluetooth?

Delete and re-download them to a location of your choosing?
12th May 2015, 10:52 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Copy via PC or SDCard
You can locate the folder as you did, thus:
android/data/com.udemy.android/files/udemy-final-downloads
copy it to memory card or flash using otg if your device supported it. Otherwise, you copy it to your PC, I used Ubuntu to copy the folder. Afterwards open and rename each course (file) accordingly, but is a very tiresome task.
Hope this will help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outrofelipe

Hey guys!

I have a problem ...

I use an app for courses (Udemy) and it have the option to download courses for offline watching.
Did it. I can watch the app offline, but wanted to move to the PC. I found the files in the folder:

android / data / com.udemy.android / files / udemy-final-downloads

Within this folder I have several folders, each containing one video of the course. The problem is that when plug the mobile in PC most of the files do not appear.

In short: I can see all the phone but the PC does not appear the most.

I've tried with linux and windows. Already asked to view hidden files and resolves nothing.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Obs.'s Mobile phone is a Moto X.

Thanks Guys!

Felipe

14th May 2015, 10:58 AM |#8  
Member
Flag Perth, Australia
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
I have the same problem.
My course has 297 lectures
I could copy only the first 222.
I ran ls -l from terminal as su to check the sequence - they are downloaded in sequence - and I am using the time sequence to rename them in order numerically
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes